Celebrity make-up artist and star of What Not To Wear, Carmindy (@CarmindyBeauty) shares why she thinks Clarisonic is a must-have in every woman’s beauty arsenal.
At Clarisonic we know nothing looks better on you than healthy, glowing skin, and that’s why we made it as simple as 60 seconds, twice a day. Your complexion is our business—and it has been for more than a decade. That’s why Clarisonic is the #1 facial cleansing device recommended by dermatologists—and the must-have skin care tool for celebrities, beauty editors and clear complexion lovers everywhere.
Of course everyone’s skin is different, so we‘ve created a range of products to suit even the most sensitive skin. If you’d like a little good-skin guidance, our beauty experts will be right there to help you find the perfect device, brush head and cleanser. Soon you’ll be turning heads with a smooth, beautiful complexion—because when your skin glows, you glow too.
Now the sonic difference transforms feet! Specifically designed to smooth, soften, and hydrate rough, dry heels and toes, the Pedi Sonic Foot Transformation system is the ultimate regimen to provide at home foot care as well as professional pedicure maintenance. This innovative device is precision engineered to create beautiful, smooth, sandal-ready feet!
Get to know the newest addition to the Clarisonic family:
Pedi Wet/Dry Buffing Brush Head – Thoroughly transform rough, dry heels and toes in just minutes a day for soft, supple, beautiful feet.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Engineered with a mixture of long, rigid and less-rigid filaments that exfoliate and buff dry, damaged feet
- Soft orange filaments assists the migration of the Pedi-Buff to the more rigid pink filaments
- Rigid pink filaments designed to work with the Pedi-Buff to provide maximum exfoliation to slough off dry, hardened areas on the foot
- Pulsating mode to vigorously massage feet
- Oscillates at over 200 movements per second to eliminate the amount of effort required by the end user.
Pedi Smoothing Disc – Designed to smooth and soften dull, rough foot skin. The textured, aluminum disc works synergistically with sonic Pedi device to slough away rough, dry areas without damaging the health of the foot skin.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Engineered using tension leveled annealed stainless steel etched to perfection creating a surface optimized for removing dead skin cells
- Smooth and soften dull rough foot skin working synergistically with the Pedi device to counteract the factors that cause dry, rough feet.
- Oscillates at over 350 movements per second to eliminate the amount of effort required by the end user.
Preset to run at 44% duty cycle
- To maximize efficacy and ensure user receives optimal results
The Pedi-Buff Sonic Foot Smoothing Treatment has a triple-kick exfoliating blend of lactic acid, apricot seed and a tri-fruit complex to dissolve away rough, dead skin and refine skin texture.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Mechanical exfoliation ingredients slough off layers of hardened, dead skin revealing soft supple feet
- Luffa fruit contain gentle rounded particles physically exfoliate hardened areas on the foot
- Apricot seed powder helps remove dull dead skin to reveal softness
Chemical exfoliation ingredients increase cell turnover to retexture skin
- Lactic Acid exfoliates skin and restores skin’s texture
- Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acid blend (lemon, orange, and blueberry) dissolves dead skin cells
Essential oils and botanical extracts soothe and hydrate skin
The Pedi-Boost Sonic Foot Renewing Peel Treatment is specifically designed to exfoliate and renew skin. This peel combines lactic and glycolic acid to slough and remove dead skin cells.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
10% acid combination
- Provides superior exfoliation due to glycolic acid
- Improves hydration due to lactic acid stimulating glycosaminoglycans production in epidermal and dermal levels
- Less irritating than a pure glycolic peel
- Improves collagen synthesis and remodels existing collagen
- Improves elastin fibers in dermis
- Encourages cell renewal
- Improves the appearance of skin discolorations by dispersing melanin granules more evenly in epidermis
- Increases ceramide levels in stratum corneum
- Contains the highest acid concentration allowed for home use to targets rough, dry areas, revealing smooth, supple, sandal-ready feet
Efficacious Formula with acid pH
- Free, unbuffered hydroxy acids at a low pH are designed for maximum efficacy to drive molecules into skin
- Formulated to have a pH lower than the skin’s natural acid mantle allows the active ingredients to work without irritating the skin
The Pedi-Balm Sonic Foot Softening Treatment is a non-greasy and no-slip hydrating balm. It contains a gentle blend of Shea butter, honey and apricot oil to soften, hydrate and protect feet. Dry, rough feet become smooth, supple and sandal-ready.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Humectant to draw in moisture
- Humectant attracts water aiding in hydration and moisture retention in the skin
Combination of botanicals to improve suppleness
- Almond oil and honey moisturize and soften skin
Shea Butter serves as a natural emollient
- Soothes and comforts irritated skin
Which product are you most excited to try?
Our June 18, 2013, Twitter was buzzing with great pore minimizing tips and tricks as we celebrated the launch of our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution! We were thrilled to co-host this #TweetChat with Beauty411, a beauty and fashion blogger, who shared great skincare secrets and her favorite products.
We put together some of our favorite tweets to share with you:
Here are the pore minimizing topics were discussed along with some of your responses:
Q1: Summer is almost here! How do you change your skincare routine to assure clear pores in warmer weather?
- @amyl12: “I use a lot of SPF, and I cleanse twice a day, switch to products for oily skin”
- @stblissout: “I up my use of masks and lighten my products J”
- @kygurl62689: “I exfoliate both morning and night, and I avoid using foundation and opt for a primer or BB cream instead.”
Q2: There are a lot of misconceptions about clogged pores. What would you like to know?
- @cavishki: “I have a problem with black heads. What is the proper way to cleanse my skin?”
- @MNicoTarm: “Can the deep pore brush head be used on skin with rosacea or is it too harsh?”
Q3: What are the top three facial skin concerns in the US?
- @willdamy: “Lines, wrinkles and acne”
- @poohro: “Wrinkles, Blemishes, Age spots/dark circles”
- @PhyliciaSP: “Acne, dry skin, and oily skin.. It’s always a bad combination”
Q4: Clarisonic’s new cleanser is sulfate and paraben-free. What other ingredients do you look for and avoid in your beauty products?
- @momUNblogger: “I prefer my beauty products to be free of heavy fragrance. It can be too much.”
- @AgeistBeauty: “I look for products with natural fruit acids and anti-oxidants”
Q5: What are the contributing factors of pore size?
- @Banina9: “Stress, age, hormones, genetics, skin care, hydration..”
- @runaround8: “Sebum production. The more oily your skin, the bigger your pores look.”
- @VernaeHogue: “Debris and dead skin cells stretching the pores”
Q6: Makeup tip: Apply w/ downward strokes to reduce appearance of pores. What other tips do you have for us?
- @mom4everandever: “I wash makeup brushes every other day”
- @Beauty411: “To clean makeup brushes, a drop of baby shampoo in water works great! Make sure to rinse thoroughly then dry.”
Missed this #SonicChat? No worries, you can find more information on pore minimizing and our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution on our website. You can also test your skincare knowledge with our 30 Prizes in 30 Days Sweepstakes on Facebook, where you can enter to win a Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution of your own.
Looking to minimize the appearance of pore size, reduce excess oil and improve skin clarity? Well, we’ve got great news for you!
Our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution goes where no cleansing regimen has gone before. This exclusive new regimen combines the efficacy of the Clarisonic Mia 2 (featuring our original, patented sonic cleansing technology), the Deep Pore Brush Head, and two specially designed formulas that gently, yet effectively, reduce the appearance of pores, clear debris, control oil and improve skin clarity.
Get to know our newest addition to the Clarisonic family:
Deep Pore Mia 2 – The Mia 2 you have grown to love offers all the benefits of sonic cleansing in a compact, easy-to-use style.
- Clinically proven to cleanse 6x better than with the hands alone*
- Proven safe, gentle and effective
- Cleanses so thoroughly that skin care products absorb better
- Speeds – Features 2 customized speeds: Low speed (delicate) and Normal (Universal)
- Brush Head – Patented Sonic Oscillation gently flexes the pore to release embedded make up and debris
*data on file
Deep Pore Brush Head – Our Deep Pore Brush Head is specially engineered with a dual-directional oscillation movement that creates fluid forces that flex and flush your pores to thoroughly loosen trapped dirt, oil and debris to minimize the appearance of pores.
- Three sets of dual inner rings oscillate at over 300 movements per second
- Polished and rounded bristle tips ensure a gentle and non-abrasive experience
- Outer brush ring remains stationary to aid as a splash guard and to keep the brush head flush with skin while cleansing
- Blue and white dual-direction inner bristles flex and flush pores
Deep Pore Daily Cleanser – Our new Deep Pore Daily Cleanser is an invigorating, paraben and sulfate-free gel cleanser that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of pores as it deeply cleans without stripping or drying the skin.
- An invigorating, foaming gel cleanser contains a powerful blend of pore refining ingredients to remove impurities and excess sebum, without drying or irritating the skin
- Non-stripping, sulfate and paraben-free formula
- Safe and gentle enough for twice daily use
Detoxifying Clay Mask – Deep Cleansing weekly treatment decongests, detoxifies and purifies pores for noticeably smoother, softer looking skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids gently exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal a smoother skin texture with refined pores
- Kaolin Clay and Bentonite are both natural earth clays that gently draw out impurities, absorb oil and reduce shine to rid the pores of harmful, pore-clogging toxins
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients, aloe and chamomile, help soothe, protect and soften the skin
What is your favorite feature in our new collection?
It will never happen to me. That’s what we all like to think—until one of our loved ones is diagnosed, or the doctor gives us a call.
Skin cancer affects a whopping one in five Americans, but the good news is that it’s highly preventable. A few simple lifestyle changes can mean a world of difference for your health, so take a few minutes to read these tips and pass them on to your loved ones. You just might save a life!
- Stick to the shade. The sun’s UV rays are strongest between 10am and 4pm, so be especially careful about sun exposure during those hours. This cute and clever Melanoma Bracelet will change color in the sun to let you know if you’re in harm’s way.
- Cover up. Call it an excuse to buy that cute new hat you saw while window shopping the other day, or an opportunity to try out a fun maxi dress. Either way, you’ll be stylish and safe.
- Lay it on thick. You can work that bikini at the beach, but don’t forget to wear your sunscreen, too! In fact, you should be wearing SPF 30 or higher every day – whether you’re sunbathing or just walking to the office. Try an all-natural sunscreen like Josie Maran’s Daily Sun Protention or even basic coconut oil, and reapply every few hours.
- Know your skin. Your skin is an organ just like your heart or your liver, and you need to take good care of it. Spend a few minutes every month scanning your own moles and freckles to see if any have changed in size, shape or color. Be proactive at the doctor’s office, too; schedule a full body screening with the dermatologist at least once a year.
- No tanning beds. Seriously. It’s not worth it. According to skincancer.org, just four visits to the tanning a bed a year can increase your risk of melanoma by 11%!
You are beautiful as you are. Tanned, freckled, smooth or wrinkled—your skin is unique, just like you, and it’s worth taking care of.
What other tips do you have for protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays and preventing skin cancer?
*photo by Elisabeth R on Flickr
Nearly 85 percent of all people have acne at some point in their lives, most often on their face, chest, and back. Dr. Robb tells us if it is okay to use your Clarisonic on acne compromised skin.
Dr. Robb says, a lot of people think that if I cleanse my skin, cleansing helps out and if I cleanse more it will help my skin more. Your skin talks to you and will let you know if you are using the Clarisonic on the wrong speed. It’s not going to hurt you; it just feels a little bit different if you are having a breakout. The main thing is, you don’t want to use anything if you have broken skin that has open lesions, please be careful of that. If you are really concerned and you don’t know, ask your skin care professional.
We all know that the Opal is the palm-sized anti-aging secret weapon of many women, but what is the right age to start using one? Dr. Robb answers, is the Opal safe for young women to prevent wrinkles?
Dr. Robb says, your eye tissue is always losing water and a great way to keep it hydrated is to use Sonic Technology no matter how old you are. IT is all about hydration, hydration, and hydration and by using Sonic Technology you’re getting more water in than you can with your finger and the signs of aging are diminished.
When it comes to Acne Treatments the most effective and readily available on the market are Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. We will break down both acne fighters so that you have all of the information you need to decide which product you need to add to your skin care routine and rid your skin of acne once and for all.
We will start with science first, Benzoyl Peroxide is benzoic acid and oxygen; since the products breaks down on your skin, the oxygen helps to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. Benzoic acid causes skin to peel, exfoliating out the dead skin that inflames follicles, the bumps we see on the skin. Benzoyl is very powerful and can be very drying. If you have sensitive skin and light acne, over applying can dry out and exacerbate the problems you already have.
Salicylic Acid is an organic compound naturally found in plants. Salicylic Acid is primarily known as an ingredient in acne treatments, but is also effective in reducing and eliminating calluses, eczema, psoriasis and warts. Salicylic Acid works by promoting the shedding of damaged skin cells and promoting the growth of new ones. Salicylic Acid is so successful at as an acne treatment because it breaks down acne while increasing skin exfoliation.
The Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser uses a 2% concentration of Salicylic Acid. This powerful acne fighting formula dries and clears acne while allowing skin to heal and prevent new blemishes from forming. The cleanser is designed to be used daily and is enriched with vitamins and botanicals to help reduce the appearance of redness and leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Read what others who participated in a consumer study experienced and their results after just two weeks of use.
- 78% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser gentler than other acne cleansers they had used.
- 86% liked the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser better than other acne cleansers they have used.
- 66% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser hydrating.
- 86% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser soothing and or calming.
- 76% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped exfoliate dead skin cells.
- 86% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped their skin feel softer and smoother.
- 60% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped reduce clogged pores.
- 74% perceived a reduction in excessive oil.
- 70% of users perceived a reduction in the severity of breakouts and/or frequency of breakouts.
- 92% of users found the Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection easier to use than other acne regimens they have used in the past.
- 82% of users perceived an improvement in the overall condition of their skin.
We’re so sure you’ll love the Acne Clarifying Collection that we offer a 90-day, feel and see guarantee along with a two-year product warranty. The Acne Daily Cleanser is the perfect accompaniment to your skin care routine, whether paired with the Acne Cleansing Brush Head or one of your other favorite brush heads you will be on your journey to clear skin.