S.M.S.: Save My Skin – In Six Quick Questions
After hearing about Clarisonic for years in magazines, as part of celebrity must-have beauty tips, and on blogs, you’ve finally decided that it is time to get a Clarisonic of your own. Your best friend told you her skin feels amazingly soft after using it, your sister swears she looks years younger and your dermatologist recommended Clarisonic as part of your skin care regime. OK. You’re convinced. But now you wonder…Which Clarisonic is right for you?
Since Clarisonic developed the very first sonic facial cleansing device back in 2001, they’ve launched a range of face and body cleansing devices, brush heads and cleansers, designed to improve any and all skin types. Now—we all love options, but we also love our time. So to help us all find the right products from a brand we trust, and find them quickly—Clarisonic has introduced a quick new Skin Care Quiz. Six questions, three minutes of your time and suddenly: a clear path to gorgeous skin.
Do you need a solution for problem pores? Want to smooth fine lines? Or like me, have you wished for a giant eraser to get rid of dark spots? Well, Clarisonic wants to help you look fantastic and feel confident—and the quiz is a great place to start.
I answered six questions in about three minutes, and voilà! I got my own personal power trio: the three products that best complement each other to improve my skin. I got a recommendation for the SMART Profile device (cannot wait for head-to-toe exfoliation!) and Radiance Sonic Brightening Solution to even out my skin tone.
Whether you deal with acne or delicate skin, the quiz is a super quick and easy way to navigate Clarisonic’s many amazing products and get your best complexion ever.
Looking to minimize the appearance of pore size, reduce excess oil and improve skin clarity? Well, we’ve got great news for you!
Our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution goes where no cleansing regimen has gone before. This exclusive new regimen combines the efficacy of the Clarisonic Mia 2 (featuring our original, patented sonic cleansing technology), the Deep Pore Brush Head, and two specially designed formulas that gently, yet effectively, reduce the appearance of pores, clear debris, control oil and improve skin clarity.
Get to know our newest addition to the Clarisonic family:
Deep Pore Mia 2 – The Mia 2 you have grown to love offers all the benefits of sonic cleansing in a compact, easy-to-use style.
- Clinically proven to cleanse 6x better than with the hands alone*
- Proven safe, gentle and effective
- Cleanses so thoroughly that skin care products absorb better
- Speeds – Features 2 customized speeds: Low speed (delicate) and Normal (Universal)
- Brush Head – Patented Sonic Oscillation gently flexes the pore to release embedded make up and debris
*data on file
Deep Pore Brush Head – Our Deep Pore Brush Head is specially engineered with a dual-directional oscillation movement that creates fluid forces that flex and flush your pores to thoroughly loosen trapped dirt, oil and debris to minimize the appearance of pores.
- Three sets of dual inner rings oscillate at over 300 movements per second
- Polished and rounded bristle tips ensure a gentle and non-abrasive experience
- Outer brush ring remains stationary to aid as a splash guard and to keep the brush head flush with skin while cleansing
- Blue and white dual-direction inner bristles flex and flush pores
Deep Pore Daily Cleanser – Our new Deep Pore Daily Cleanser is an invigorating, paraben and sulfate-free gel cleanser that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of pores as it deeply cleans without stripping or drying the skin.
- An invigorating, foaming gel cleanser contains a powerful blend of pore refining ingredients to remove impurities and excess sebum, without drying or irritating the skin
- Non-stripping, sulfate and paraben-free formula
- Safe and gentle enough for twice daily use
Detoxifying Clay Mask – Deep Cleansing weekly treatment decongests, detoxifies and purifies pores for noticeably smoother, softer looking skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids gently exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal a smoother skin texture with refined pores
- Kaolin Clay and Bentonite are both natural earth clays that gently draw out impurities, absorb oil and reduce shine to rid the pores of harmful, pore-clogging toxins
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients, aloe and chamomile, help soothe, protect and soften the skin
What is your favorite feature in our new collection?
Nearly 85 percent of all people have acne at some point in their lives, most often on their face, chest, and back. Dr. Robb tells us if it is okay to use your Clarisonic on acne compromised skin.
Dr. Robb says, a lot of people think that if I cleanse my skin, cleansing helps out and if I cleanse more it will help my skin more. Your skin talks to you and will let you know if you are using the Clarisonic on the wrong speed. It’s not going to hurt you; it just feels a little bit different if you are having a breakout. The main thing is, you don’t want to use anything if you have broken skin that has open lesions, please be careful of that. If you are really concerned and you don’t know, ask your skin care professional.
When it comes to Acne Treatments the most effective and readily available on the market are Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. We will break down both acne fighters so that you have all of the information you need to decide which product you need to add to your skin care routine and rid your skin of acne once and for all.
We will start with science first, Benzoyl Peroxide is benzoic acid and oxygen; since the products breaks down on your skin, the oxygen helps to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. Benzoic acid causes skin to peel, exfoliating out the dead skin that inflames follicles, the bumps we see on the skin. Benzoyl is very powerful and can be very drying. If you have sensitive skin and light acne, over applying can dry out and exacerbate the problems you already have.
Salicylic Acid is an organic compound naturally found in plants. Salicylic Acid is primarily known as an ingredient in acne treatments, but is also effective in reducing and eliminating calluses, eczema, psoriasis and warts. Salicylic Acid works by promoting the shedding of damaged skin cells and promoting the growth of new ones. Salicylic Acid is so successful at as an acne treatment because it breaks down acne while increasing skin exfoliation.
The Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser uses a 2% concentration of Salicylic Acid. This powerful acne fighting formula dries and clears acne while allowing skin to heal and prevent new blemishes from forming. The cleanser is designed to be used daily and is enriched with vitamins and botanicals to help reduce the appearance of redness and leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Read what others who participated in a consumer study experienced and their results after just two weeks of use.
- 78% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser gentler than other acne cleansers they had used.
- 86% liked the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser better than other acne cleansers they have used.
- 66% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser hydrating.
- 86% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser soothing and or calming.
- 76% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped exfoliate dead skin cells.
- 86% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped their skin feel softer and smoother.
- 60% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped reduce clogged pores.
- 74% perceived a reduction in excessive oil.
- 70% of users perceived a reduction in the severity of breakouts and/or frequency of breakouts.
- 92% of users found the Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection easier to use than other acne regimens they have used in the past.
- 82% of users perceived an improvement in the overall condition of their skin.
We’re so sure you’ll love the Acne Clarifying Collection that we offer a 90-day, feel and see guarantee along with a two-year product warranty. The Acne Daily Cleanser is the perfect accompaniment to your skin care routine, whether paired with the Acne Cleansing Brush Head or one of your other favorite brush heads you will be on your journey to clear skin.
The reviews are in! The new Acne Clarifying Collection is giving users the clean, clear skin they deserve. It’s a regimen to effectively cleanse your skin while clearing up and preventing new blemishes from forming. The collection consists of a Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing System, the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, and the Acne Cleansing Brush Head. Each of these is available separately on our website, but when combined, provides an improved and simplified acne cleansing routine that is safe and gentle enough to be used twice daily.
You don’t have to take our word for it, some of our favorite beauty blogs have tried it and we’ve compiled some of their reviews for you!
If you are looking for an honest breakdown of the Mia 2 and the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser you can view BeautyStat.com’s review.
To hear about the Acne Clarifying Collection from two veteran editors of Instyle and Marie Claire, check out Beautyblitz’s review.
Beauty stylist Danielle Gray gives her professional opinion on the Acne Clarifying Collection as the Beauty Doctor.
The ladies at Coco & Crème give their editorial expertise on the Acne Clarifying Collection.
For all the beauty news that’s fit to click, check out the Beauty in the Bag review.
Read these reviews and then head over and take our Acne IQ quiz where you might get rewarded with more than just clear skin.
There are many types of acne and with each type comes different courses of action. In theis week’t Ask Dr. Robb he answers who should use the Acne Clarifying Collection.
The Acne Clarifying Collection pairs the power of Clarisonic’s patented sonic technology with our Acne Cleansing Brush Head and Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, this collection simplifies and improves the cleansing process. In one easy step that’s safe and gentle enough for use twice daily, you can remove dirt, oil and impurities more thoroughly—and begin to treat acne blemishes.
Dr. Robb says, we recommend that you don’t use the Clarisonic if you have any open wounds. It’s just not smart to put cleansers and bristles into those areas. If you have mild to moderate acne it is great to use. People that even take medicines like acne medication go ahead and use the Clarisonic to cleanse the skin. The Clarisonic is very gentle and shouldn’t cause you any trouble. But always check with your skin care professional if you are taking any kind of medication for acne.
Acne is a real tough skin problem, applying the correct tips and tricks can help minimize the effect and help clear up acne. Apart from the many acne treatments that are available such as our new Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection Kit, we have compiled some easy tips that can help you keep your acne under control.
Acne busting dos
- Keep skin clean! Never go to bed without washing off the day’s dirt, oil and makeup. Nighttime while sleeping is the best time for your skin to heal.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Create and keep to a daily skin care routine.
- Hydrate your skin, even oily skin needs moisturizing. Find an oil free moisturizer and apply daily.
Acne causing don’ts
- Remember to cleanse daily but gently. Don’t use harsh soaps and scrubs. Acneic skin is sensitive when compromised.
- Don’t pick or pop pimples.
- Do not use oil based makeup or face creams.
What are your tips to control your acne?