Does your hair grow slowly or get to a certain length then suddenly stall?,
Follow these simple scalp scrubbing techniques to take care of your hair!
1. Rub and Scrub. You wouldn’t stick your face under a spout to clean it, would you? Just like your face, your scalp needs to be touched. “New hair has trouble sprouting through a layer of dirt, oil, and old skin cells,” says Kingsley (from….). He suggests massaging your scalp vigorously with a scalp brush or the pads of your fingers for two minutes before you shower. Learn how to give your roots a mega boost.
2. Pamper your hair. Look for shampoos and conditioners that contain moisturizing shea butter or avocado oil which keep strands saturated. “Proper saturation is key for growth since brittle, splitting strands break off before they can get long,” says San Francisco cosmetologist Paradi Mirmirani. Learn how to party-proof your curls.
3. Rethink your styling routine. Heat from curling irons and strengtheners and friction (from hair brushes and combs) can damage hair’s protective covering, or cuticle, making strands susceptible to breakage. To avoid breakage detangle with a wide-tooth comb, use heat-shielding sprays before styling, and declare Sunday a lazy-do (natural hair) day. “Laying off the blow-dryer or iron once a week can help,” Serratore says. For easy waves, braid wet hair; unravel when it’s dry. Watch this video to get loose, sexy waves.
Healthy skin is the Clarisonic way – but we are also about total body health. Eating healthy foods can keep your skin and overall body in tiptop shape. Which foods should you eat and which should you avoid? Courtesy of Shape Magazine, we bring you 15 Healthy Foods to Have in Your Kitchen at All Times.
By incorporating these foods into your diet (and keeping them there), you will be on your way to a healthier diet. We’ve highlighted foods on this list that can boost skin health as well as your overall health, courtesy of WedMd.
- Wild Salmon
- Egg Whites
- This Egg White Omelette from Paula Deen is a great way to prepare egg whites in a fun and creative way that even incorporates tomatoes and other foods from the list!
- Low fat dairy products – skin friendly alternative
- Leafy Greens
- Skin healthy (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and plums)
- Black Beans
- A nice addition to any summer meal – try this Garlic Grilled Tomato recipe as a healthy compliment to your next BBQ
- Orange Juice
- Sweet Potatoes
- Wheat Germ
- While eating wheat germ by itself doesn’t sound appetizing this recipe for homemade granola is a great way to incorporate this healthy choice into your every day diet. Serve the homemade granola up with yogurt for the ultimate health breakfast or snack.
- Skin friendly (whole-wheat bread, muffins, and cereals; turkey tuna and brazil nuts)
- Hot Peppers –
- Try adding an extra star to your next Thai food order because chiles are packed with Vitamin C and can help reduce pain. Try adding a few to your favorite salsa for added flavor and health.
The most important thing to incorporate into your diet for optimal mind, body and skin health is WATER – without it your body can’t perform at optimal levels.
Got a great healthy skin or healthy body food suggestion that didn’t make the list? Share with us and we will be sure to add it. Take care of you skin and yourself !