Feeling inspired by the Olympic athletes? Don’t forget that they need to match their skincare routine to their training routine. We’ll share their easy to follow skincare tips to give your skin the same boost on the outside as working out gives it from the inside.
- Lip Balm – Keep lips moisturized throughout your work out to prevent chapping.
- Sunscreen – When exposed in the sun, athletes should be protecting their skin from the damaging rays of the sun by using lotions with an SPF of at least 30.
- Moisturizing – Keep your skin properly hydrated by moisturizing your skin whenever possible to keep the sweat and other elements from causing your skin to become tight and dry.
- Drinking Water – Staying hydrated is particularly important during exercise. Adequate fluid intake is essential to comfort, performance and safety. Take a look at our post on The Importance of Water for Your Skin and Health.
- Change Clothes - Be sure to change out of your sweaty clothes as soon as you finish your workout as they can be a magnet for germs and trapping dirt.
- Cleansing – Let your pores breathe by washing off sweat from your body shortly after your workout. This step will keep dirt, oil, toxins, and bacteria and other surface debris from collecting in your pores, causing breakouts.
Olympic beach volleyball champions Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor chose the Clarisonic face brush to help keep them looking great during competition by cleansing their skin from sweat and sunscreen covering their bodies after practice and tournaments. Another Olympian, Natasha Hastings, an American sprint runner, also uses the Clarisonic system to make sure she looks her best at the track.
With the right skincare regimen, your skin can stay healthy and happy, allowing you to stay at the top of your game.
What is your post-workout beauty routine?
Photo by Allure Daily Beauty Reporter
Dads are notoriously hard to shop for. Not necessarily because it’s hard to pin down their interests, but because they have a knack for responding to every request for a gift list with: “Oh I’m fine. I don’t need anything.” It’s a line that probably never fails to make you smile, but it sure doesn’t make gift giving any easier.
Since dad hardly ever buys himself anything (and he definitely doesn’t ask for it), think carefully about what he owns that could use refreshing or replacing. Find a way to shave a few minutes off his daily routine so he has more time for fun. Think about that thing he always used to do but hasn’t done in a while. Make it something he’ll use and enjoy, not just another tie.
Here are our suggestions for gifts your dad is sure to love. If you enjoyed our 7 Simple Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, you’ll definitely like these too.
- Kitchen tools—whether he’s an everyday chef or a master griller, he’s sure to appreciate a new set of pots and pans or quality knives. If he likes to experiment in the kitchen, go with something more fun and creative, like a pasta-maker or a cheese-making kit.
- A Graphite Gray Clarisonic Cleansing System –for cleaner skin and a cleaner shave. Our Graphite Gray Classic was developed with men in mind and comes with our Normal Brush Head, which has shorter bristles that work well on men’s tougher, oilier skin. It’s a great way to prep for shaving and will make sure he gets a closer and more comfortable shave. If you’re planning to get one for your dad for Father’s Day, order it before June 11th and we’ll send a complimentary Deep Pore Brush Head along with it!
- A day at the ballpark –spend an afternoon cheering his favorite team on with him in the stands. When’s the last time you had a ballpark hotdog anyway?
- Time outdoors —if your dad is the outdoorsy type, get outside and go on a hike with him. Or take a look at his camping gear and see if anything could use a replacement. That tent he bought ten years ago won’t last forever.
- Magazine subscriptions—there’s a magazine for every interest—whether it’s photography, fly fishing, or travel—so sign him up for one and help him take his hobbies to the next level.
What other useful gift ideas have you thought of? Do you or any men you know already use the Classic Cleansing System? Leave a comment to tell us about it!
Image by Roberto Ventre on Flickr