She kissed your owies when you were a child and dried your tears when your heart broke for the first time. She told you how smart and beautiful you were when you felt the opposite, and encouraged you to go after all of your passions—whether you wanted to be a ballet dancer or a doctor. No one knows you better than your mom, and you wouldn’t be the person you are today without her.
After all these years it’s still a challenge to think of the perfect gift for her, but when it comes to showing your appreciation, it really is the thought that counts. Here are a few simple Mother’s Day gift ideas to help you do just that:
- Fresh flowers are the classic Mother’s Day gift. Make your bouquet unique by hand selecting each flower yourself. Choosing the colors, scents, and varieties she likes best will make this traditional gift even more thoughtful.
- Who doesn’t love a day at the spa? Treat mom to a hot stone massage, a mani-pedi, or a facial—many specialty spas actually include a Clarisonic cleansing as part of their treatment now.
- Give her a brand new Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum, so she can have the spa treatment at home whenever she wants. She’ll feel refreshed and energized with skin that looks brighter, younger, and more beautiful than ever.
- Spend an afternoon together. One of the best gifts you can give a loved one is your time, so take mom wine tasting at a local vineyard or offer to help her out in the garden for a few hours.
- What’s the one thing your mom has always wanted to learn to do, but never found time for? Making pottery? Figuring out what it takes to bake a soufflé? Find a local class where she can do just that. If she’s nervous, offer to take the class with her!
- Potted indoor plants are a lovely, longer-lasting alternative to fresh flowers. If your mom likes to cook, pick out a few potted herbs (rosemary and basil are great options) to put on her kitchen windowsill. If not, try a succulent or two. They come in all kinds of charming varieties and are easy to take care of.
- Find an old photo of the two of you and put it in a nice frame. Set it by her bed when she isn’t looking so she’ll be surprised to find it in the morning. Who wouldn’t love to wake up to that?
What other great Mother’s Day gift ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!
Anyone who enjoys being pampered knows that a trip to the spa is just what you need to relax and unwind. However, that might not always be possible or practical. We know some of our fans often use their Clarisonic as a way to relax and either start or end the day. We thought we would take it a step further and share some other great ideas to unwind in addition to sonic cleansing.
Take a bath: Add a scent, bubbles or oil and light a few candles while you submerge to relaxation.
Aromatherapy: Essential oils used in aromatherapy can subtly affect your mind and emotions to a “feel-good” state. Aromatherapy has been known to relieve tension and improve sleep.
Steam Room: Steam opens your pores, soothes sore muscles and increases circulation providing a relaxing and healthy experience.
Foot Rub: Standing on your feet all day can cause strain. A foot rub or even better, a massage, provides a great way to unwind.
Yoga Class: Deep breathing and stretching in yoga is a great way to unwind and focus on your body.
What’s your favorite way to unwind?
Clarisonic would like to thank those who participated in the inaugural Esthetician Super Fan contest, recognizing estheticians nationwide for their day-to-day commitment to skin care. We received remarkable skin care stories and testimonials from estheticians and their clients, making the judging process a challenging one! We’re proud to announce the grand prize winner, five esthetician finalists and three client winners whose entries showcased how their skin care regimens have benefited from Clarisonic products.
Five winning finalists received a Spa Day Getaway to a local Clarisonic account spa (dependent on winner location). One grand prize winner received, in addition to a Spa Day Getaway, an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle, Washington, to film a behind-the-scenes video of Clarisonic headquarters (scheduled for 3 days and 2 nights in February). Additionally, the grand prize winner also received an all-expenses paid trip for the winner and one guest to Los Angeles to be Clarisonic’s VIP guests during the AFI Film Festival in November. Selected clients who submitted success stories on behalf of their winning esthetician won a Clarisonic Spa Gift Basket valued at more than $500!
Congrats to our Grand Prize Winner Maria from North Prairie, WI!
“Glowing, firmer, fine lines diminished, smaller pores, my skin looks radiant, I look younger since using the Clarisonic. These are the results I personally experienced. I have combination skin, my skin was looking dull with uneven texture, but now the serums and lotions penetrate beautifully. I started getting compliments 3 weeks after introducing the Clarisonic. The body brush head gave me a closer shave on my legs. I took my Clarisonic to Italy, fully charged to show my daughter, she loved it and noticed the difference in my skin. She wants one now. My Clarisonic is my BFF.”
Photo: Maria and her sister Pamela at the Look Good…Feel Better Cocktail Party at AFI (November 7th, 2010)
Thank you to our Esthetician Super Fan Finalists:
Bea – Dallas, TX
Elizabeth – Oakland, CA
Lindsay – Euless, TX
Sue Ellen – Santa Rosa, CA
Kassandra – Shafer, MN
Winners receive a local “Spa Day Getaway” (Estimated Value $500)
As well as our Esthetician Client Winners:
Adria – Dallas, TX (nominated Bea)
Gloria – Garland, TX (nominated (Bea)
Kimberly – San Francisco, CA (nominated Elizabeth)
Winners receive a Clarisonic gift basket (Estimated Value $500)