Charley Gallay/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
We are happy to feature fashion and beauty blogger Jodie Layne’s post “The 16 Emotional Stages of Getting a Clarisonic For the First Time”. I enjoyed reading about the many stages Jodie experienced while falling in love with her Clarisonic Mia 2. Can you relate? Share your Clarisonic love stories on this post!
I’ve had my Clarisonic Mia for nearly two years now (happy early anniversary, xo) and every single day that I use it in the shower I try not to think about how empty my life was before this little magic wand came into it. Or how empty my beauty cabinet was. A Clarisonic is essentially a facial cleansing brush that uses sonic technology to brush your skin over 300 times a minute — resulting in the cleanest, softest face of your life on the regular. Seriously. I used to work at a spa and one of the perks was a monthly facial, but the Clarisonic makes my skin feel even better than it did then. Having an electric brush that’s sole purpose is to clean your face makes me feel like a princess, and I’m not sorry about it.
I wanted a Clarisonic long before it was mine, as so often happens in many of the other great love stories out there. Since the day I first knew that I needed it in my life, attaining and using a Clarisonic has been a total emotional roller coaster. I’ve laughed. I’ve cried. I’ve washed my face. Well, I did those three things in relation to the little miracle worker, anyway — and I don’t regret a single moment. So whether you received one as a gift at the holidays or you’re saving up to take extra care of your skin in the new year, here’s what you need to be emotionally prepared for:
“It’s a brush? For my face? Does that even feel good? Why would I spend over a hundred dollars on a brush for my face? Well, mayyybbeee…”
2. LEARNING ABOUT SCIENCE
Once you’re interested, you try and find out how it works, but mostly why it works. If you’re really going to do this thing, you’re going to do your research, which means lots of reading about sonic technology, oscillation, and skin elasticity. Look at you, pretty and smart.
3. CONVINCING YOURSELF IT’S WORTH IT
You know that you want one and feel sufficiently satisfied by the scientific evidence. But can you really justify dropping that much money on a replacement for the free things at the ends of your arms you already use to wash your face?
4. BUYING IT
With the conviction of a global warming denier, you believe you need this in your life and you’re ready to do this thing. You might march right down to Sephora and buy it to spare the wait, but you’re probably going to e-order it online at midnight. Pressing “check out” is such a rush!
5. WAITING FOR IT TO COME
5 to 7 business days feels like a cruel eternity.
6. OPENING IT
When it finally touches your hands and you can see it and you caress its beautiful curves, that is simply a beautiful moment.
7. WAITING FOR IT TO CHARGE
It’s in your grubby little paws and you can’t wait for your life to change and to get it on your face. You read the instruction manual carefully. You have to charge it for eight hours?! IS THERE NO GOD?!
8. USING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME
It feels…weird. Not like you expected. Wait, it actually feels pretty good! Yeah, this feels nice! Like a million little kisses from angels all over your face. No, wait — now it feels weird again.
If you enjoyed the first 8 stages, visit Bustle.com to finish reading Jodie’s blog post. Enjoy!
Clarisonic is proud to annouce the introduction of our very first cleansing device engineered for Men’s Skin.
Men’s skin is different. Alpha Fit by Clarisonic is engineered to get men’s skin cleaner and healthier looking- clearing away sweat, dirt and oil. Alpha Fit cleanses 6x better than hands alone, while prepping face and neck for a smoother, closer shave.
This compact, waterproof device fits intuitively in the palm of your hand.Alpha Fit by Clarisonic has patented engineering designed specifically for men’s thicker, oilier skin. Sonic technology drives each rounded filament to oscillate back and forth at more than 300 movements per second to massage hair follicles, prevent ingrown hairs and loosen oil in the pores.
A closer shave, a cleaner beard and two settings to suit your style. The first setting cleans and preps skin for a closer, smoother shave. The second deep cleans beards without tugging for a softer more comfortable beard.
The Men’s Daily Cleanse Brush Head is designed with shorter bristles for men’s resillient skin. With an average of 27,600 filaments per brush head, the New Men’s Brush Head by Clarisonic has patented DuPont elastomer filaments that are super flexible for maximum torque and a deeper, more invigorating cleanse and shave prep.This invigorating brush head cleases away sweat, dirt and oil for smooth skin and a clean shave.
The Men’s facial cleanser helps clean, energize and exfoliate men’s skin. Alpha Cleanse by Clarisonic lifts and removes dead skin, oil and debris with Lactic Acid, Aloe, Ginseng and Caffeine. Fast-lathering gel formula with Aloe soothes skin post shave and helps soften and purify an existing beard. Alpha Cleanse is soap free and paraben free foaming cleanser that improves skin texture without over-drying.
Learn More at Clarisonic.com.
Now the sonic difference transforms feet! Specifically designed to smooth, soften, and hydrate rough, dry heels and toes, the Pedi Sonic Foot Transformation system is the ultimate regimen to provide at home foot care as well as professional pedicure maintenance. This innovative device is precision engineered to create beautiful, smooth, sandal-ready feet!
Get to know the newest addition to the Clarisonic family:
Pedi Wet/Dry Buffing Brush Head – Thoroughly transform rough, dry heels and toes in just minutes a day for soft, supple, beautiful feet.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Engineered with a mixture of long, rigid and less-rigid filaments that exfoliate and buff dry, damaged feet
- Soft orange filaments assists the migration of the Pedi-Buff to the more rigid pink filaments
- Rigid pink filaments designed to work with the Pedi-Buff to provide maximum exfoliation to slough off dry, hardened areas on the foot
- Pulsating mode to vigorously massage feet
- Oscillates at over 200 movements per second to eliminate the amount of effort required by the end user.
Pedi Smoothing Disc – Designed to smooth and soften dull, rough foot skin. The textured, aluminum disc works synergistically with sonic Pedi device to slough away rough, dry areas without damaging the health of the foot skin.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Engineered using tension leveled annealed stainless steel etched to perfection creating a surface optimized for removing dead skin cells
- Smooth and soften dull rough foot skin working synergistically with the Pedi device to counteract the factors that cause dry, rough feet.
- Oscillates at over 350 movements per second to eliminate the amount of effort required by the end user.
Preset to run at 44% duty cycle
- To maximize efficacy and ensure user receives optimal results
The Pedi-Buff Sonic Foot Smoothing Treatment has a triple-kick exfoliating blend of lactic acid, apricot seed and a tri-fruit complex to dissolve away rough, dead skin and refine skin texture.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Mechanical exfoliation ingredients slough off layers of hardened, dead skin revealing soft supple feet
- Luffa fruit contain gentle rounded particles physically exfoliate hardened areas on the foot
- Apricot seed powder helps remove dull dead skin to reveal softness
Chemical exfoliation ingredients increase cell turnover to retexture skin
- Lactic Acid exfoliates skin and restores skin’s texture
- Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acid blend (lemon, orange, and blueberry) dissolves dead skin cells
Essential oils and botanical extracts soothe and hydrate skin
The Pedi-Boost Sonic Foot Renewing Peel Treatment is specifically designed to exfoliate and renew skin. This peel combines lactic and glycolic acid to slough and remove dead skin cells.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
10% acid combination
- Provides superior exfoliation due to glycolic acid
- Improves hydration due to lactic acid stimulating glycosaminoglycans production in epidermal and dermal levels
- Less irritating than a pure glycolic peel
- Improves collagen synthesis and remodels existing collagen
- Improves elastin fibers in dermis
- Encourages cell renewal
- Improves the appearance of skin discolorations by dispersing melanin granules more evenly in epidermis
- Increases ceramide levels in stratum corneum
- Contains the highest acid concentration allowed for home use to targets rough, dry areas, revealing smooth, supple, sandal-ready feet
Efficacious Formula with acid pH
- Free, unbuffered hydroxy acids at a low pH are designed for maximum efficacy to drive molecules into skin
- Formulated to have a pH lower than the skin’s natural acid mantle allows the active ingredients to work without irritating the skin
The Pedi-Balm Sonic Foot Softening Treatment is a non-greasy and no-slip hydrating balm. It contains a gentle blend of Shea butter, honey and apricot oil to soften, hydrate and protect feet. Dry, rough feet become smooth, supple and sandal-ready.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Humectant to draw in moisture
- Humectant attracts water aiding in hydration and moisture retention in the skin
Combination of botanicals to improve suppleness
- Almond oil and honey moisturize and soften skin
Shea Butter serves as a natural emollient
- Soothes and comforts irritated skin
Which product are you most excited to try?
Looking for the secret to healthier hair and glowing skin? Look no further, we’ve found a superfood that is sure to satisfy your appetite and keep you looking great.
Besides being rich in protein and vitamin D, the Omega-3 fatty acids found in this tasty cold-water fish are the key to long, healthy “lox” and a glowing complexion.
Here are just a few benefits of eating salmon:
- Younger looking skin – Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, which keep your skin supple, moisturized, and blemish free. They lock moisture into skin cells, encouraging the production of strong collagen and elastin fibers, which contribute to more youthful looking skin.
- Sun protection – The combination of salmon’s essential fatty acids and selenium will protect your skin from UV damage and premature aging. Therefore, consider treating yourself to this tasty fish if you’re thinking of heading out into the sun.
- Healthy hair – Loaded with protein and fish oil, salmon provides nourishment to hair follicles, promoting healthy and lustrous hair. The combination of high selenium content and vitamins B5 and B12 encourages hair growth and ensures that your hair shines.
- Weight loss – The Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D and selenium, together help to increase the body’s metabolism by facilitating the absorption of sugar and therefore lowering the blood sugar levels. Delicious and slimming – yes please!
- Bone strength – The vitamin D in salmon keeps your bones and teeth strong and healthy.
- Cardiovascular health – While the Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce cholesterol and strengthen cardiac muscles, the essential amino acids repair damage to cardiovascular tissues. Together, they help control high blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels, overall considerably reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Muscle and tissue development – Proteins, amino acids, and selenium are essential components of muscle and tissue building, making salmon the perfect addition to your diet if you’re looking to tone and strengthen your body.
- Improved Eye Health – The Omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids found in salmon help improve eye health and prevent macular degeneration, dryness, and fatigue of the eyes. Pair these results with our Opal and Anti-Aging Sea Serum to get the noticeably firmer skin around your eyes to really show them off.
Salmon’s health benefits are too great to ignore, so if you want gorgeous skin, lustrous hair, and a slimmer figure, consider incorporating salmon into your diet. Try it baked, broiled, grilled, or sashimi style to get on your way to a healthier you.
Exfoliation is a great step toward achieving beautiful and radiant skin. It speeds up the cell turnover process, giving you a fresh and radiant glow, and a smoother and younger appearance. But should you use an exfoliation product with your Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System?
Clarisonic systems provide a deep level of cleansing that is more effective than manual face washing and gentle enough to use twice a day. While a side effect of deep cleansing is mild exfoliation, Clarisonic is gentle and can be used in conjunction with exfoliation treatments.
Dr. Robb provides more details in the video below, part of our Ask Dr. Robb video series:
For gentle exfoliation, Dr. Robb recommends using facial scrubs with round spheres with your Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System. Scrubs with odd-shaped particles, like pointed pieces of shells, sand or grit, can be too rough on your skin. Dr. Robb uses an exfoliating scrub with his Clarisonic once a week, then cleanses all other days using a regular face wash.
Your skin should feel soft and smooth after cleansing, not tight, dry, or itchy. Please test new products carefully to avoid over-stressing your skin.
We like to think that all of our Sonic Skincare Cleansing Systems have their own personalities just like their users do! Whether you’re a world traveler, trendsetter, or a fashionista (or maybe all of the above) – skincare should always be a priority.
That’s why we put together an overview of the various features that each of our systems has to offer, ensuring that you pick the right cleansing system to fit your personality and lifestyle:
PLUS – The Clarisonic Plus offers you a complete sonic scrubber skin care experience for the face and body. Features include simple control buttons, a customizable one-minute T-TIMER that beeps and pauses momentarily to indicate it is time to move to another part of your face, and a charge indicator to let you know when your system is running out of power.
- 3 Speeds
- Universal Charging Cradle
- 1 Body Brush Head
Aria – Our newest sonic cleansing system, the Clarisonic Aria infuses sonic cleansing with a harmonic blend of function and form. Sleek, modern, & intuitive, this system has a T-TIMER to let you know when to focus on the next area of your face, as well as comes equipped with a real time battery life indicator to let you know when it’s time to recharge your Aria.
- 3 Speeds
- USB-Enabled Charger
- Drying Stand That Converts Into a Charging Station
Mia 2 – Mia 2 is the new, go-anywhere Sonic Skin Cleansing System in a great compact size. The two-button, two-speed Mia 2 fits your active lifestyle for beautiful, glowing skin wherever your adventures take you.
- 2 Speeds
- Universal Voltage Charger
Mia – The perfect compact cleansing system for use at home or on the go. It has all the great benefits of sonic cleansing but comes in a smaller, more portable size.
- 1 Speed
- Universal Voltage Charger
PRO – The Clarisonic PRO is the exclusive model used and sold by skin care professionals. The device has “sectioned” timing, pulsing four times to let you know when to move on to the next area of your face.
- 4 Speeds
- Universal Charging Cradle
- 1 Body Brush Head
Which cleansing system is your favorite?
In order to make sure that our fans have all the necessary information on how to properly charge their Clarisonic, we compiled a list of customer questions along with their answers:
How do I know when the Clarisonic needs to be recharged?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: When the charge is low, the brush handle will beep immediately following the brushing cycle to alert you to place it in the cradle for charging.
Opal: When the system battery needs to be charged, the LED flashes and the Infuser pulses progressively from 1 to 5 times after the run cycle, beginning when the unit has 5 minutes of charge remaining (1 pulse), and again at the end of each use until the battery requires additional charge for continued use (5 pulses).
How long does a full battery charge last? How long does it take to charge?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: Allow 18 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 20 minutes of use, which is approximately 20 days when used once daily.
Opal: Allow 24 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 45 minutes of use, which is approximately 45 days when used once a day around each eye or 21 days when used twice a day.
Refer to the comparison chart for a detailed description of charging intervals.
How do I change the battery on my Clarisonic?
The battery cannot be changed on any of our units. The life span of the units ranges from at least 2 years to up to 5 or more. If your Clarisonic device is not holding charge, try plugging it into a different outlet to reset the unit. Be sure to contact customer service to check whether your device is still covered under warranty.
Can the chargers for various Clarisonic models be used interchangeably?
Will the Mia charger work with international power?
Yes, the pLink charger included with the Mia is compatible with 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz. This allows it to be used worldwide with the appropriate country adapter.
The guide tells you to charge for 24 hours before use. What happens if it becomes disconnected after only a few hours? Will it still hold a charge?
Yes, just recharge it until the lights are solid green.
Where can I purchase a replacement charger for my Clarisonic?
You can call our customer service at 888-525-2747 to help purchase a new charger for your Clarisonic device.
Where is the LED light and how can you tell if the Clarisonic is fully charged?
The LED light is located on the back of the handle in the center of the brush. It will be flashing continuously until it is charged at which point it will become a solid light.
My Clarisonic Mia feels very warm for the first 10-15 seconds. Is that normal?
Yes, the Clarisonic does heat up when on the charger. It will feel warm to the touch but should not be uncomfortable.
Should I keep my Clarisonic on the charging cradle after each use or only charge it when it loses its charge?
We recommend always keeping your Clarisonic device on the charger when it’s not in use.
I recently have had problems with my Clarisonic starting and stopping on its own.
Sounds like some of the Clarisonic technology is malfunctioning. As with most electrical gadgets, a technical failure can be possible. Therefore, we are standing by to get your issue resolved and your system back up and running. We offer warranties on the systems in the event that something might happen, take a look at our blog post on what to do When Your Clarisonic Stops Working.
You told us what features you want and we listened!
Introducing our newest Sonic Cleansing Brush, the Aria! It’s packed with tons of great new features:
First feature – Customizable. Our new brush offers 3 speeds in a user friendly handle. This is great for selecting just the right amount of cleaning for your skin.
Second feature – Travel Friendly. USB-enabled pLink charger plugs into your computer so it’s perfect no matter where you travel.
Third feature – Convenient. The all new drying stand can be used the in shower or as a charging station when partnered with the pLink.
Fourth feature – Informative. Always know how many used you have left with the color changing battery life indicator.
Fifth feature – Adjustable. The T-Timer can be adjusted for a 1 or 2 minute guided cleanse.
Sixth Feature – Innovative new functionality in a sleek new design.
Allure Magazine awarded Clarisonic Aria with their Best of Beauty Award in the “Top Splurges” category. “This oscillating brush leaves skin extravagantly soft – and ready to lap up anti-agers.”