We offer a variety of brush heads for the face: delicate, sensitive, normal, deep pore, and the super soft acne brush.
To make choosing between them a little easier, we’ve put together some information regarding different skin types and their brush head matches. They are sure to give you a glowing complexion!
- Normal skin – If your skin has an even tone and texture, and is naturally moisturized without looking too dry or oily, you were blessed with normal skin type. Normal skin is the least problematic type and is characterized by small pores. This type is best paired with our normal brush head.
- Dry skin – Dry skin can feel tight and itchy, as well as show some visible flaking. It is often delicate, easily irritated, and has a matte appearance. We recommend that you start with the sensitive brush head. If you also have rosacea or acne, try either the delicate or acne brush heads.
- Oily skin – Oily skin has a shiny appearance and is usually thicker, firmer, and less sensitive than the other skin types. Individuals with this skin type have enlarged pores and are more susceptible to recurring clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes. But not to worry, our deep pore brush head is ideal for cleansing oily skin, large pores or hard to reach areas of the face, such as around the nose.
- Combination skin – Combination skin is a blend of both oily and dry skin. If you have combination skin, you’ll find that the oils are mostly concentrated on the T-zone, while the cheeks remain dry. This skin type varies quite a bit – so to determine which brush head is right for you, give our acne brush head a try. Extra-plush bristle gradation helps to provide ultra-gentle cleansing for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Sensitive skin – This skin type tends to be very dry, itchy, feel tight, and can easily become inflamed or irritated by external influences. Sensitive skin can be dry, normal, or oily and is characterized by delicacy. We think our ultra-gentle delicate brush head will be perfect for your sensitive skin!
Does the brush head you’re currently using match your skin type?
Now that we’re a few weeks into the New Year and we’ve all had some time to reflect on the changes we want to make, it’s time to make sure we set ourselves up for success.
Unfortunately, whether it’s getting in better shape, improving your skincare routine, or kicking a bad habit, few New Year’s resolutions make it through January.
A New Year offers another opportunity to start fresh and achieve your goals, so if you’re serious about making some lifestyle changes, check out these 7 tips to help make you more successful in realizing your resolutions.
- Choose an obtainable goal – Being realistic is one of the most important factors in goal setting, so be sure to set a goal that is within your reach. Setting a resolution that is too far out of your comfort zone is the surest way to fall short.
- Outline your plan – Breaking down the plan into smaller goals along the way will make it less intimidating. Taking it only one small goal at a time will make you proud of your achievements along the way and ultimately help you reach the ultimate goal. There are plenty of tools out there to help.
- Recruit a buddy – Share your resolution with friends and family who can offer support when you’re wavering and praise you when you’re sticking to your goals. Find a buddy with a similar resolution that you can take on together by motivating each other.
- Allow mistakes – Everyone has an occasional slip, but that doesn’t mean we should beat ourselves up over it and completely give up. Just view these mistakes as learning opportunities and focus on doing the best you can each day.
- Track your progress – Record your progress as you go to keep track of every success, no matter how small. Each accomplishment will give you the confidence to stick with your goal, especially as you get closer to the ultimate resolution.
- Reward yourself – Set up a series of rewards that will keep you motivated when sticking to the program gets tough. Then, celebrate your successes along the way by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t impede your resolution. If your resolution is to have better skin, reward yourself with a Clarisonic Cleansing System – it will get you quicker to your goal and will make a fabulous addition to your skincare routine.
- Stick to it – Adjusting to the changes to your lifestyle may be tough at first, but after a little while (around 21 days) they become habit. Don’t expect it to happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
What New Year resolutions made your top 5 list?
Clarisonic products are available from authorized retailers all over the world. To find an authorized online retailer of Clarisonic products, visit our Clarisonic Authorized Online Retailers page.
Please be aware that online auction and marketplace sites (such as Amazon and eBay) are not authorized retailers of Clarisonic products. Clarisonic product warranties are only valid when products are purchased from an authorized retailer.
Have questions about our warranty and return information? Check out our posts on How Can I Tell If I’m Covered Under Clarisonic’s Warranty? and Help! My Clarisonic Stopped Working.
‘Tis the season for beautiful skin!
To show our appreciation for our wonderful fans and help you to spread holiday cheer to your friends and loved ones, we’re bringing back Sonic Jingles and #SonicElf. We’re offering winners one Clarisonic to keep and one to gift!
You can enter your Sonic Jingle on our Facebook wall and/or enter your #SonicElf gift suggestion via Twitter. Here’s how it works:
Our Clarisonic Elves in the workshop need lots of new jingles, so we can’t wait to see what amazing Sonic Jingles you will come up with this year! Previous years’ highlights have included “Mia the Clarisonic” to the tune of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” and “Cleansing All The Way” to the tune of “Jingle Bells.” Simply post your Jingle on our Facebook wall or right here in the blog comments. Check out our first Facebook winner’s Sonic Jingle:
Do you know someone who deserves a Clarisonic? Tweet about why they should get one! Include their twitter handle and the hashtag #SonicElf, and you’re both entered to win a Clarisonic of your choice every week until Christmas. Remember to tell your friends and family so they can enter too and increase your chances of winning!
Stay tuned for winner announcements on Facebook and Twitter every Friday until Christmas!
At Clarisonic we believe very strongly in product quality. Unfortunately, as with all electrical gadgets, technical failures occasionally occur.
We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your Clarisonic system, so if you need to return or exchange it, here is a quick overview of our warranty information.
First off, check if your system is still covered under warranty:
If you purchased your Clarisonic System in the United States from an authorized retailer AND:
A) Currently reside in the United States – the warranty is valid. Contact our Sonic Service team to resolve the issue with your system: 1.888.525.2747. A new or repaired Clarisonic can be shipped directly to your home.
B) Currently reside outside of the United States – the warranty is valid but we are unable to ship the replacement device internationally. You can have us ship your Clarisonic to a friend or family member living in the United States and then have them ship it to your current residence.
If you purchased your Clarisonic system outside of the United States or from an unauthorized retailer:
Clarisonic does not permit the return of or offer refunds on devices purchased from an unauthorized distributor or a distributor outside of the United States. We ask you to contact the distributor directly to discuss their return policy.
For more information on our warranty, please visit our website or the Help! My Clarisonic Stopped Working blog post. And make sure to check out our Charging Your Clarisonic: Q&A blog post to learn more about properly charging your sonic cleansing device.
The holiday season is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start selecting the perfect gifts for all your special someones. To help make the holiday gifting a bit less stressful this year, we’re offering a number of our favorite Holiday Limited Edition Gift Sets, sure to put a smile on the faces of everyone on your list!
With so many choices, it may be hard to pick the right gift set for you and your loved ones, but don’t worry, we’ve put together a guide for choosing the perfect Gift Set:
Holiday PLUS Set – If you are looking to achieve an all-over clean, this collection is for you. The Clarisonic PLUS has three speeds gentle enough for cleansing the face, yet effective for the rest of the body – leaving you with more absorbent skin. The Holiday PLUS set is filled with deluxe essentials including our popular PLUS system with Body Brush Head and Refining Skin Polish.
Holiday Mia Set – Our smallest Sonic Skin Cleansing System, the one-button, one-speed Clarisonic Mia would make an excellent starter kit for someone with an active lifestyle – offering beautiful skin at home or on-the-go.
Most Beautiful Mom – Make mom happy this holiday season with this anti-aging Opal Sonic Infusion System gift set – the palm-sized device and Anti-Aging formula are specifically designed to help build skin’s resilience over time and prevent future damage around the eyes – with an immediate reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Modern Sophistication – The new Clarisonic Aria infuses sonic cleansing with a perfect blend of function and form. Sleek, modern, intuitive, this brush would be a great fit with virtually any personality. With three speeds, a T-timer and a compact charging system – Aria is the most advanced collection yet.
Young and Fun – If you’re looking to add a little color to your skincare routine, this Limited Edition PLUS Whimsy gift set would be perfect for you. With all the wonderful features of the PLUS, and a playful, bright design, you’re sure to add some extra cheer to your holidays. This Limited Edition Gift Set includes a Body Brush Head as well as a complimentary gift of a Sensitive Brush Head and travel bag with purchase.
Your Special Guy – Men love tools – so why not surprise him with the most talked about skin care tool on the market? The Carbon Fiber Clarisonic Mia comes with a Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head and will give him cleaner, healthier, younger looking skin, not to mention a much closer shave!
Acne Clarifying Collection – If your fight against acne seems like a never-ending quest, then our Acne Clarifying Collection is for you. Pairing the power of the Clarisonic Mia with our Acne Cleansing Brush Head and Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, this collection helps reduce and prevent blemishes while simplifying your cleansing routine.
Which Holiday Limited Edition Gift Set is your favorite?
In order to make sure that our fans have all the necessary information on how to properly charge their Clarisonic, we compiled a list of customer questions along with their answers:
How do I know when the Clarisonic needs to be recharged?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: When the charge is low, the brush handle will beep immediately following the brushing cycle to alert you to place it in the cradle for charging.
Opal: When the system battery needs to be charged, the LED flashes and the Infuser pulses progressively from 1 to 5 times after the run cycle, beginning when the unit has 5 minutes of charge remaining (1 pulse), and again at the end of each use until the battery requires additional charge for continued use (5 pulses).
How long does a full battery charge last? How long does it take to charge?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: Allow 18 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 20 minutes of use, which is approximately 20 days when used once daily.
Opal: Allow 24 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 45 minutes of use, which is approximately 45 days when used once a day around each eye or 21 days when used twice a day.
Refer to the comparison chart for a detailed description of charging intervals.
How do I change the battery on my Clarisonic?
The battery cannot be changed on any of our units. The life span of the units ranges from at least 2 years to up to 5 or more. If your Clarisonic device is not holding charge, try plugging it into a different outlet to reset the unit. Be sure to contact customer service to check whether your device is still covered under warranty.
Can the chargers for various Clarisonic models be used interchangeably?
Will the Mia charger work with international power?
Yes, the pLink charger included with the Mia is compatible with 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz. This allows it to be used worldwide with the appropriate country adapter.
The guide tells you to charge for 24 hours before use. What happens if it becomes disconnected after only a few hours? Will it still hold a charge?
Yes, just recharge it until the lights are solid green.
Where can I purchase a replacement charger for my Clarisonic?
You can call our customer service at 888-525-2747 to help purchase a new charger for your Clarisonic device.
Where is the LED light and how can you tell if the Clarisonic is fully charged?
The LED light is located on the back of the handle in the center of the brush. It will be flashing continuously until it is charged at which point it will become a solid light.
My Clarisonic Mia feels very warm for the first 10-15 seconds. Is that normal?
Yes, the Clarisonic does heat up when on the charger. It will feel warm to the touch but should not be uncomfortable.
Should I keep my Clarisonic on the charging cradle after each use or only charge it when it loses its charge?
We recommend always keeping your Clarisonic device on the charger when it’s not in use.
I recently have had problems with my Clarisonic starting and stopping on its own.
Sounds like some of the Clarisonic technology is malfunctioning. As with most electrical gadgets, a technical failure can be possible. Therefore, we are standing by to get your issue resolved and your system back up and running. We offer warranties on the systems in the event that something might happen, take a look at our blog post on what to do When Your Clarisonic Stops Working.
We’ve been blown away by our fans’ support.
We love hearing how the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System has improved your skin – after all, our goal is to make the world a more beautiful place, one face at a time!
- Patches of dry skin are minimized, or disappear
- Pores are thoroughly cleansed, making them appear smaller
- Refreshed and hydrated skin that’s more receptive to product penetration
- Reduced appearance of fine lines, blackheads, blemishes, dullness, and puffiness
- Improvement in the texture and appearance of skin tone
“I’m so thrilled with this product.. The Mia 2 with acne cleanser is absolutely amazing!! My face after 2 days!! YES! 2 days is looking much smoother, less oily and acne is smaller is size! My face isn’t irritated and I don’t feel like scratching all the time!! I’m SO pleased and happy that something is working after all the years of having to deal with my facial acne.” –Carlene Alix
We greatly appreciate the feedback our customers provide us, and wanted to share this great Before & After story from a Clarisonic user. As you can see in the images below, after only 7 days of using Clarisonic, Amanda Trudy Blyskal showed significant improvements in skin tone and texture.
Here are some more great Before & After shots:
Sonic cleansing is the natural way to thoroughly cleanse all skin types. And unlike skin treatments that use harsh chemicals or rely on friction to remove impurities, the sonic micro-massage motion is effective, yet gentle enough to use twice a day – even on sensitive skin. This effortless action removes six times more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone.
Share your story on our Facebook Reviews Tab – who knows, maybe it will make it on to our next Before & After post!
Image by Lady Por Menos – Moroccanoil e Clarisonic and Amanda Trudy Blyskal