The Clarisonic Opal was the Perfect Pick-Me-Up at Fashion Week!
The hustle and bustle of Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week can often take a toll on a model’s skin. Thankfully the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System was present to help them get runway ready.
In order to revive tired eyes and relieve skin, the models backstage at the Cynthia Rowley Fall 2013 show received Clarisonic Opal treatments from makeup artist Romy Soleimani and skincare treatments from Joanna Vargas on February 10, 2013. The backstage area, sponsored by Beauty.com, was a true treat for all models.
Clarisonic Takes Center Stage, Backstage!
Models, stylists, makeup artists, editors and bloggers all took a moment to learn about Clarisonic while backstage at Cynthia Rowley. Editors from Makeup.com, Teen Vogue, NYLON and more were able to view the Clarisonic product line and receive information about the Opal Sonic Infusion System treatments that were provided to models prior to their makeup application. Everyone was delighted at how gentle the device felt against their skin and was amazed at its ability to provide an immediate improvement to the under-eye area.
Who wants to look tired on the catwalk? Thankfully, the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System came to the models’ rescue! Romy used the device to gently knead serum into the skin around the models’ under-eye areas. This sonic infusion thoroughly hydrated the models’ skin and helped combat under-eye bags. The minute long treatment was the perfect pick-me-up for those strutting under the bright lights of the runway, and was perfect for those who had been at shows since 6AM that morning.
A Perfect Canvas
Stila makeup artists were thrilled about the addition of the Opal to the backstage lineup. A quick sonic infusion treatment by Romy provided them with the perfect canvas for makeup application and added hydration under their eyes. Concealers went on smoothly and evenly. The Cynthia Rowley look consisted of a matte face with a strong emphasis on dark, vampy purple lips and russet eyes.
The Final Look: Cynthia Rowley
The Cynthia Rowley Fall 2013 Collection was inspired by “Urban Romance.” A love affair with New York City was her base, but with a dark twist. Models wore “moody” makeup consisting of violets and shimmery shadows. With heavy coats of mascara and brushed-through brows, models were prepped with a gloomy yet sophisticated look.
While our products have appeared in numerous stores around the country, we’ve never had our own little corner – until now.
Come in for a free demo and get a chance to experience all the amazing benefits of Sonic Cleansing. While you’re there, be sure to check out the coolest new cat in town – our new Mia 2 in Pink Leopard (available exclusively at Dillard’s).
Dillard’s is also currently offering a free dots travel bag and brush head with any purchase of $149 or more, the perfect accessory for a fashionista on the go.
We couldn’t be happier that our friends in Texas will get a chance to try out our sonic systems at these fantastic locations.
Did you try out a Clarisonic before getting it?
We like to think that all of our Sonic Skincare Cleansing Systems have their own personalities just like their users do! Whether you’re a world traveler, trendsetter, or a fashionista (or maybe all of the above) – skincare should always be a priority.
That’s why we put together an overview of the various features that each of our systems has to offer, ensuring that you pick the right cleansing system to fit your personality and lifestyle:
PLUS – The Clarisonic Plus offers you a complete sonic scrubber skin care experience for the face and body. Features include simple control buttons, a customizable one-minute T-TIMER that beeps and pauses momentarily to indicate it is time to move to another part of your face, and a charge indicator to let you know when your system is running out of power.
- 3 Speeds
- Universal Charging Cradle
- 1 Body Brush Head
Aria – Our newest sonic cleansing system, the Clarisonic Aria infuses sonic cleansing with a harmonic blend of function and form. Sleek, modern, & intuitive, this system has a T-TIMER to let you know when to focus on the next area of your face, as well as comes equipped with a real time battery life indicator to let you know when it’s time to recharge your Aria.
- 3 Speeds
- USB-Enabled Charger
- Drying Stand That Converts Into a Charging Station
Mia 2 – Mia 2 is the new, go-anywhere Sonic Skin Cleansing System in a great compact size. The two-button, two-speed Mia 2 fits your active lifestyle for beautiful, glowing skin wherever your adventures take you.
- 2 Speeds
- Universal Voltage Charger
Mia – The perfect compact cleansing system for use at home or on the go. It has all the great benefits of sonic cleansing but comes in a smaller, more portable size.
- 1 Speed
- Universal Voltage Charger
PRO – The Clarisonic PRO is the exclusive model used and sold by skin care professionals. The device has “sectioned” timing, pulsing four times to let you know when to move on to the next area of your face.
- 4 Speeds
- Universal Charging Cradle
- 1 Body Brush Head
Which cleansing system is your favorite?
We offer a variety of brush heads for the face: delicate, sensitive, normal, deep pore, and the super soft acne brush.
To make choosing between them a little easier, we’ve put together some information regarding different skin types and their brush head matches. They are sure to give you a glowing complexion!
- Normal skin – If your skin has an even tone and texture, and is naturally moisturized without looking too dry or oily, you were blessed with normal skin type. Normal skin is the least problematic type and is characterized by small pores. This type is best paired with our normal brush head.
- Dry skin – Dry skin can feel tight and itchy, as well as show some visible flaking. It is often delicate, easily irritated, and has a matte appearance. We recommend that you start with the sensitive brush head. If you also have rosacea or acne, try either the delicate or acne brush heads.
- Oily skin – Oily skin has a shiny appearance and is usually thicker, firmer, and less sensitive than the other skin types. Individuals with this skin type have enlarged pores and are more susceptible to recurring clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes. But not to worry, our deep pore brush head is ideal for cleansing oily skin, large pores or hard to reach areas of the face, such as around the nose.
- Combination skin – Combination skin is a blend of both oily and dry skin. If you have combination skin, you’ll find that the oils are mostly concentrated on the T-zone, while the cheeks remain dry. This skin type varies quite a bit – so to determine which brush head is right for you, give our acne brush head a try. Extra-plush bristle gradation helps to provide ultra-gentle cleansing for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Sensitive skin – This skin type tends to be very dry, itchy, feel tight, and can easily become inflamed or irritated by external influences. Sensitive skin can be dry, normal, or oily and is characterized by delicacy. We think our ultra-gentle delicate brush head will be perfect for your sensitive skin!
Does the brush head you’re currently using match your skin type?
Now that we’re a few weeks into the New Year and we’ve all had some time to reflect on the changes we want to make, it’s time to make sure we set ourselves up for success.
Unfortunately, whether it’s getting in better shape, improving your skincare routine, or kicking a bad habit, few New Year’s resolutions make it through January.
A New Year offers another opportunity to start fresh and achieve your goals, so if you’re serious about making some lifestyle changes, check out these 7 tips to help make you more successful in realizing your resolutions.
- Choose an obtainable goal – Being realistic is one of the most important factors in goal setting, so be sure to set a goal that is within your reach. Setting a resolution that is too far out of your comfort zone is the surest way to fall short.
- Outline your plan – Breaking down the plan into smaller goals along the way will make it less intimidating. Taking it only one small goal at a time will make you proud of your achievements along the way and ultimately help you reach the ultimate goal. There are plenty of tools out there to help.
- Recruit a buddy – Share your resolution with friends and family who can offer support when you’re wavering and praise you when you’re sticking to your goals. Find a buddy with a similar resolution that you can take on together by motivating each other.
- Allow mistakes – Everyone has an occasional slip, but that doesn’t mean we should beat ourselves up over it and completely give up. Just view these mistakes as learning opportunities and focus on doing the best you can each day.
- Track your progress – Record your progress as you go to keep track of every success, no matter how small. Each accomplishment will give you the confidence to stick with your goal, especially as you get closer to the ultimate resolution.
- Reward yourself – Set up a series of rewards that will keep you motivated when sticking to the program gets tough. Then, celebrate your successes along the way by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t impede your resolution. If your resolution is to have better skin, reward yourself with a Clarisonic Cleansing System – it will get you quicker to your goal and will make a fabulous addition to your skincare routine.
- Stick to it – Adjusting to the changes to your lifestyle may be tough at first, but after a little while (around 21 days) they become habit. Don’t expect it to happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
What New Year resolutions made your top 5 list?
Clarisonic products are available from authorized retailers all over the world. To find an authorized online retailer of Clarisonic products, visit our Clarisonic Authorized Online Retailers page.
Please be aware that online auction and marketplace sites (such as Amazon and eBay) are not authorized retailers of Clarisonic products. Clarisonic product warranties are only valid when products are purchased from an authorized retailer.
Have questions about our warranty and return information? Check out our posts on How Can I Tell If I’m Covered Under Clarisonic’s Warranty? and Help! My Clarisonic Stopped Working.
We love chatting skincare and beauty in our bi-weekly #SonicChat, a one-hour tweet chat that includes tips, special guests, and prizes!
- How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
- What are some of your favorite skin and body products to give and receive during the holidays?
- Do you have any special holiday looks planned? Fancy new dress, metallic eye shadow, pink Christmas tree?
- What are your favorite holiday traditions/plans?
- How are you giving back this holiday season?
- What does an ideal holiday party look like to you?
We pulled out some of our favorite tweets to share with you. They got us in the holiday spirit, and we hope they do the same for you:
With 154 participants, a twitter reach of over 11 million people, and trending nationwide, we were certainly busy!
We will be at it again on Tuesday, December 11th at 11am PDT. Join us!
Photo by Ellen Moran via GettyImages
At Clarisonic we believe very strongly in product quality. Unfortunately, as with all electrical gadgets, technical failures occasionally occur.
We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your Clarisonic system, so if you need to return or exchange it, here is a quick overview of our warranty information.
First off, check if your system is still covered under warranty:
If you purchased your Clarisonic System in the United States from an authorized retailer AND:
A) Currently reside in the United States – the warranty is valid. Contact our Sonic Service team to resolve the issue with your system: 1.888.525.2747. A new or repaired Clarisonic can be shipped directly to your home.
B) Currently reside outside of the United States – the warranty is valid but we are unable to ship the replacement device internationally. You can have us ship your Clarisonic to a friend or family member living in the United States and then have them ship it to your current residence.
If you purchased your Clarisonic system outside of the United States or from an unauthorized retailer:
Clarisonic does not permit the return of or offer refunds on devices purchased from an unauthorized distributor or a distributor outside of the United States. We ask you to contact the distributor directly to discuss their return policy.
For more information on our warranty, please visit our website or the Help! My Clarisonic Stopped Working blog post. And make sure to check out our Charging Your Clarisonic: Q&A blog post to learn more about properly charging your sonic cleansing device.