Throughout the day our skin is exposed to a tremendous amount of oil, dirt, sun, sweat and other bacteria. We know we need to clear our skin of this layer of build-up each and every night before bed. But how?
Finding the perfect nighttime skincare routine is not an easy task! You may be asking yourself questions like: How many steps should there be? What is the best order to complete the steps? What products should I be using? Am I using too many products? I’m tired; how long will this routine take? The thoughts go on and on.
The most important step to any nighttime skincare routine is the first step…. cleansing! In just 60 seconds, your Clarisonic cleansing device will remove the build-up of makeup, dirt and oil 6 times better than cleansing with hands alone. As a result, the Clarisonic provides increased absorption for the products you apply in the remaining steps of your routine. And just like that the first step in your nighttime skincare routine is complete. It’s that easy!
If you plan to add an additional step focused on reducing fine lines and wrinkles, we now have a sonic method for accelerating the reduction of those stubborn fine lines and wrinkles while building your skin’s resilience over time. Our Clarisonic Opal gently taps a soft silicone tip to the skin around your eye to maximize the absorption of eye serums and wrinkle-reducing creams in a way that’s not possible with your finger alone.
Want to learn more about how to incorporate your Clarisonic cleansing device into a nighttime skincare routine?
We would love to hear how your Clarisonic fits into your nighttime skincare routine!
We asked for your skincare concerns and you answered! In the last month you have been weighing in on your most important skin care concerns through our online Skin Care Quiz. There is no doubt we are all striving for perfect skin so we asked, “If your skin could make a wish, what would it be?” Over 14,000 people (or 21% of the men and women taking the Clarisonic Skin Quiz) are looking for ways to “Shrink my pores so my skin is softer and smoother.”
With so many Clarisonic users interested in minimizing the appearance of their pores, we thought we would look deeper into the question, how do you minimize the appearance of enlarged or clogged pores?
Let’s start by gaining an understanding of what pores are and their purpose. Bottom line, we need our pores. These tiny little openings allow oil and sweat to reach your skin’s surface. The good news is, while we cannot completely eliminate our pores we can make them appear smaller!
A simple Google search on this topic populates several products and regiments claiming to shrink and even eliminate your pores. In reality, the best way to reduce the appearance of pores is to keep your skin clean!
Why is clean skin so important?
Day and night, our skin is subject to oil, perspiration, dirt, and makeup. These combine to make a sticky, stubborn pore-clogging layer that can make our skin look unhealthy, feel rough and even cause irritation. This layer of film also acts as a barrier to skincare products resulting in reduced effectiveness. Cleansing your skin at least once or twice a day helps to dislodge any unwanted dirt, sweat, oil or makeup. Your pores will now be free of dirt and grime making your skin softer, smoother and allowing skincare products to absorb more deeply and evenly.
We are happy to lend a hand in the fight against enlarged and clogged pores. The first question our founders asked when developing the Clarisonic was “how do you unplug a pore?” and from that it evolved to “how do you transform the look and feel of your skin?”
How do Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Devices unplug a pore?
Clarisonic’s patented, perfected and loved Sonic Technology gently oscillates back and forth to physically flex the pores, loosening trapped debris and reducing pore appearance. Additionally, excess oily patches and shine are removed for a supersonic deep clean without irritation. Every Clarisonic facial cleansing device cleanses skin 6x better than hands alone to leave skin softer and smoother.
To take pore minimizing to the next level—check out our — Deep Pore Cleansing Detoxifying Solution, which combines a Clarisonic Mia 2 facial cleansing device with our Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head, Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and Deep Pore Detoxifying Clay Mask. Our Deep Pore solution uses our traditional sonic cleansing technology with additional powerful fluid forces to gently remove surface debris and immediately reduce the appearance of your pores by 25%.
If enlarged pores are not your main skin care concern, take our skin care quiz today to find out which Clarisonic products are best for you.
“We invented Clarisonic so you can reinvent your skin.” Dr. Robb Akridge, Co-Founder of Clarisonic
S.M.S.: Save My Skin – In Six Quick Questions
After hearing about Clarisonic for years in magazines, as part of celebrity must-have beauty tips, and on blogs, you’ve finally decided that it is time to get a Clarisonic of your own. Your best friend told you her skin feels amazingly soft after using it, your sister swears she looks years younger and your dermatologist recommended Clarisonic as part of your skin care regime. OK. You’re convinced. But now you wonder…Which Clarisonic is right for you?
Since Clarisonic developed the very first sonic facial cleansing device back in 2001, they’ve launched a range of face and body cleansing devices, brush heads and cleansers, designed to improve any and all skin types. Now—we all love options, but we also love our time. So to help us all find the right products from a brand we trust, and find them quickly—Clarisonic has introduced a quick new Skin Care Quiz. Six questions, three minutes of your time and suddenly: a clear path to gorgeous skin.
Do you need a solution for problem pores? Want to smooth fine lines? Or like me, have you wished for a giant eraser to get rid of dark spots? Well, Clarisonic wants to help you look fantastic and feel confident—and the quiz is a great place to start.
I answered six questions in about three minutes, and voilà! I got my own personal power trio: the three products that best complement each other to improve my skin. I got a recommendation for the SMART Profile device (cannot wait for head-to-toe exfoliation!) and Radiance Sonic Brightening Solution to even out my skin tone.
Whether you deal with acne or delicate skin, the quiz is a super quick and easy way to navigate Clarisonic’s many amazing products and get your best complexion ever.
Now the sonic difference transforms feet! Specifically designed to smooth, soften, and hydrate rough, dry heels and toes, the Pedi Sonic Foot Transformation system is the ultimate regimen to provide at home foot care as well as professional pedicure maintenance. This innovative device is precision engineered to create beautiful, smooth, sandal-ready feet!
Get to know the newest addition to the Clarisonic family:
Pedi Wet/Dry Buffing Brush Head – Thoroughly transform rough, dry heels and toes in just minutes a day for soft, supple, beautiful feet.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Engineered with a mixture of long, rigid and less-rigid filaments that exfoliate and buff dry, damaged feet
- Soft orange filaments assists the migration of the Pedi-Buff to the more rigid pink filaments
- Rigid pink filaments designed to work with the Pedi-Buff to provide maximum exfoliation to slough off dry, hardened areas on the foot
- Pulsating mode to vigorously massage feet
- Oscillates at over 200 movements per second to eliminate the amount of effort required by the end user.
Pedi Smoothing Disc – Designed to smooth and soften dull, rough foot skin. The textured, aluminum disc works synergistically with sonic Pedi device to slough away rough, dry areas without damaging the health of the foot skin.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Engineered using tension leveled annealed stainless steel etched to perfection creating a surface optimized for removing dead skin cells
- Smooth and soften dull rough foot skin working synergistically with the Pedi device to counteract the factors that cause dry, rough feet.
- Oscillates at over 350 movements per second to eliminate the amount of effort required by the end user.
Preset to run at 44% duty cycle
- To maximize efficacy and ensure user receives optimal results
The Pedi-Buff Sonic Foot Smoothing Treatment has a triple-kick exfoliating blend of lactic acid, apricot seed and a tri-fruit complex to dissolve away rough, dead skin and refine skin texture.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Mechanical exfoliation ingredients slough off layers of hardened, dead skin revealing soft supple feet
- Luffa fruit contain gentle rounded particles physically exfoliate hardened areas on the foot
- Apricot seed powder helps remove dull dead skin to reveal softness
Chemical exfoliation ingredients increase cell turnover to retexture skin
- Lactic Acid exfoliates skin and restores skin’s texture
- Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acid blend (lemon, orange, and blueberry) dissolves dead skin cells
Essential oils and botanical extracts soothe and hydrate skin
The Pedi-Boost Sonic Foot Renewing Peel Treatment is specifically designed to exfoliate and renew skin. This peel combines lactic and glycolic acid to slough and remove dead skin cells.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
10% acid combination
- Provides superior exfoliation due to glycolic acid
- Improves hydration due to lactic acid stimulating glycosaminoglycans production in epidermal and dermal levels
- Less irritating than a pure glycolic peel
- Improves collagen synthesis and remodels existing collagen
- Improves elastin fibers in dermis
- Encourages cell renewal
- Improves the appearance of skin discolorations by dispersing melanin granules more evenly in epidermis
- Increases ceramide levels in stratum corneum
- Contains the highest acid concentration allowed for home use to targets rough, dry areas, revealing smooth, supple, sandal-ready feet
Efficacious Formula with acid pH
- Free, unbuffered hydroxy acids at a low pH are designed for maximum efficacy to drive molecules into skin
- Formulated to have a pH lower than the skin’s natural acid mantle allows the active ingredients to work without irritating the skin
The Pedi-Balm Sonic Foot Softening Treatment is a non-greasy and no-slip hydrating balm. It contains a gentle blend of Shea butter, honey and apricot oil to soften, hydrate and protect feet. Dry, rough feet become smooth, supple and sandal-ready.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Humectant to draw in moisture
- Humectant attracts water aiding in hydration and moisture retention in the skin
Combination of botanicals to improve suppleness
- Almond oil and honey moisturize and soften skin
Shea Butter serves as a natural emollient
- Soothes and comforts irritated skin
Which product are you most excited to try?
Looking for the secret to healthier hair and glowing skin? Look no further, we’ve found a superfood that is sure to satisfy your appetite and keep you looking great.
Besides being rich in protein and vitamin D, the Omega-3 fatty acids found in this tasty cold-water fish are the key to long, healthy “lox” and a glowing complexion.
Here are just a few benefits of eating salmon:
- Younger looking skin – Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, which keep your skin supple, moisturized, and blemish free. They lock moisture into skin cells, encouraging the production of strong collagen and elastin fibers, which contribute to more youthful looking skin.
- Sun protection – The combination of salmon’s essential fatty acids and selenium will protect your skin from UV damage and premature aging. Therefore, consider treating yourself to this tasty fish if you’re thinking of heading out into the sun.
- Healthy hair – Loaded with protein and fish oil, salmon provides nourishment to hair follicles, promoting healthy and lustrous hair. The combination of high selenium content and vitamins B5 and B12 encourages hair growth and ensures that your hair shines.
- Weight loss – The Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D and selenium, together help to increase the body’s metabolism by facilitating the absorption of sugar and therefore lowering the blood sugar levels. Delicious and slimming – yes please!
- Bone strength – The vitamin D in salmon keeps your bones and teeth strong and healthy.
- Cardiovascular health – While the Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce cholesterol and strengthen cardiac muscles, the essential amino acids repair damage to cardiovascular tissues. Together, they help control high blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels, overall considerably reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Muscle and tissue development – Proteins, amino acids, and selenium are essential components of muscle and tissue building, making salmon the perfect addition to your diet if you’re looking to tone and strengthen your body.
- Improved Eye Health – The Omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids found in salmon help improve eye health and prevent macular degeneration, dryness, and fatigue of the eyes. Pair these results with our Opal and Anti-Aging Sea Serum to get the noticeably firmer skin around your eyes to really show them off.
Salmon’s health benefits are too great to ignore, so if you want gorgeous skin, lustrous hair, and a slimmer figure, consider incorporating salmon into your diet. Try it baked, broiled, grilled, or sashimi style to get on your way to a healthier you.
It’s time to give your beauty routine a spring cleaning! Say hello to our newest Mia 2 arrivals, including the Limited Edition spring colors – Passion Fruit, Sea Breeze, and Key Lime. These bright Mia 2 colors are sure to brighten up your skincare routine.
Make sure you are ready to take on the sunshine and the warmer weather by following these spring skincare tips:
Sun Protection – Now that the sun is out, it’s even more important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Layer on the sunscreen before heading outside and throughout the day as needed – your skin will thank you years later.
Moisturizing – Hydration is the key to smoother skin for spring. Use a hydrating moisturizer to keep the new skin cells healthy after cleansing. This will help lock in the moisturizer and keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
Exfoliating– Although it’s important to be exfoliating throughout the year, it’s no surprise that winter’s extreme weather temperatures and central heating caused your skin to become dry, tight, and dull looking. That’s why now is the time to give your skin some extra care – the process of exfoliation removes the damaged skin cells, giving you healthier skin and a glowing complexion.
If you’re looking for additional beauty and fashion inspiration, be sure to check out our newest Pinterest boards inspired by the Limited Edition Mia 2 colors!
Exfoliation is a great step toward achieving beautiful and radiant skin. It speeds up the cell turnover process, giving you a fresh and radiant glow, and a smoother and younger appearance. But should you use an exfoliation product with your Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System?
Clarisonic systems provide a deep level of cleansing that is more effective than manual face washing and gentle enough to use twice a day. While a side effect of deep cleansing is mild exfoliation, Clarisonic is gentle and can be used in conjunction with exfoliation treatments.
Dr. Robb provides more details in the video below, part of our Ask Dr. Robb video series:
For gentle exfoliation, Dr. Robb recommends using facial scrubs with round spheres with your Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System. Scrubs with odd-shaped particles, like pointed pieces of shells, sand or grit, can be too rough on your skin. Dr. Robb uses an exfoliating scrub with his Clarisonic once a week, then cleanses all other days using a regular face wash.
Your skin should feel soft and smooth after cleansing, not tight, dry, or itchy. Please test new products carefully to avoid over-stressing your skin.
The Clarisonic Opal was the Perfect Pick-Me-Up at Fashion Week!
The hustle and bustle of Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week can often take a toll on a model’s skin. Thankfully the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System was present to help them get runway ready.
In order to revive tired eyes and relieve skin, the models backstage at the Cynthia Rowley Fall 2013 show received Clarisonic Opal treatments from makeup artist Romy Soleimani and skincare treatments from Joanna Vargas on February 10, 2013. The backstage area, sponsored by Beauty.com, was a true treat for all models.
Clarisonic Takes Center Stage, Backstage!
Models, stylists, makeup artists, editors and bloggers all took a moment to learn about Clarisonic while backstage at Cynthia Rowley. Editors from Makeup.com, Teen Vogue, NYLON and more were able to view the Clarisonic product line and receive information about the Opal Sonic Infusion System treatments that were provided to models prior to their makeup application. Everyone was delighted at how gentle the device felt against their skin and was amazed at its ability to provide an immediate improvement to the under-eye area.
Who wants to look tired on the catwalk? Thankfully, the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System came to the models’ rescue! Romy used the device to gently knead serum into the skin around the models’ under-eye areas. This sonic infusion thoroughly hydrated the models’ skin and helped combat under-eye bags. The minute long treatment was the perfect pick-me-up for those strutting under the bright lights of the runway, and was perfect for those who had been at shows since 6AM that morning.
A Perfect Canvas
Stila makeup artists were thrilled about the addition of the Opal to the backstage lineup. A quick sonic infusion treatment by Romy provided them with the perfect canvas for makeup application and added hydration under their eyes. Concealers went on smoothly and evenly. The Cynthia Rowley look consisted of a matte face with a strong emphasis on dark, vampy purple lips and russet eyes.
The Final Look: Cynthia Rowley
The Cynthia Rowley Fall 2013 Collection was inspired by “Urban Romance.” A love affair with New York City was her base, but with a dark twist. Models wore “moody” makeup consisting of violets and shimmery shadows. With heavy coats of mascara and brushed-through brows, models were prepped with a gloomy yet sophisticated look.