At Clarisonic we are all about great skin care but the rules don’t just apply to women. For some men the Clarisonic is the first step in their skin care routine. Using the Clarisonic Cleansing System to apply shaving cream can improve your shaving experiencing by reducing irritation and razor burn for a closer, smoother shave.
There are hundreds of tips and tricks for taking better care of female skin but what about guys? Male and female skin is different and the way you take care of it should reflect the differences. For a comprehensive look at the “do’s and don’ts” of male skin care check out this article from suite101.com on Skin Care for Guys – Do you Know the Do’s and Don’ts?
Check out the article and share your favorite male skin care tip with us today!
One of the most common skin conditions that we encounter with Clarisonic users is Keratosis Pilaris (KP) which is commonly referred to as “chicken skin.” It is genetic follicular condition that typically appears as rough bumps on the skin. Most frequently it appears on the back and outer sides of the arms and can occur on any body part with the exception of glabrous skin which is found on the palms/soles of the feet). It is very rare for this condition to appear on the face.
Keratosis Pilaris results when the body produces excess keratin which is a natural protein in the skin. This excess keratin surrounds the hair follicles in the pores which forms the bumps.
Many Clarisonic users have reported a decrease in the appearance of their KP bumps after using the body brush attachment that comes standard with the Clarisonic PLUS. The Broke-Ass Bride even used the Clarisonic to reduce the appearance of her bumps just in time for the big day!
For more information on Keratosis Pilaris visit WebMD.
Fashion experts and connoisseurs from around the world will travel to Miami at the end of July for the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week SWIM. This year’s event will take from July 15th – July 19th and Clarisonic is proud to be the Exclusive Product Sponsor for the event. Visit the Clarisonic Cabana and say hello! While you’re there treat yourself to a Clarisonic mini-treatment from one of our fabulous skin care professionals.
Are you heading to the event this year? Which designer are you most excited to see? Share with us today!
See you in Miami!
Skin endures a lot during the summer months – sunshine, pool water and dry air –it can be tough to keep it looking healthy. We’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you stay cool, feel cool and look cool in the summer heat.
- Sunscreen is ESSENTIAL on exposed and unexposed skin
- It’s also important to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water; this is especially important if you are physically active
- While you’re protecting yourself don’t forget to protect your lips with SPF lip balm
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm SPF 15 helps protect against sunburn and relieves chapped lips
- Wear lightweight and light colored clothing to protect your skin and stay cool in the heat
- Wear a hat with a large brim to shade your neck and face
- Finish off your look with a bright lipstick
- Check out Summer Skin Tips from Daniel Sandler for a complete summer skin look featuring bright lipstick colors and the Clarisonic
- A shade from MAC Cosmetics To the Beach line is perfect for summer
- Use a bold summer nail polish color
- Popular colors for summer include: bright pink, baby blue, light green, taupe and traditional pale pink.
- Try one of the fabulous shades from the OPI Summer Flutter collection.
- Simplify your makeup routine and stick to the basics
How do you beat the summer heat? We’d love to hear your tips and tricks – leave a comment!