Now that we’re a few weeks into the New Year and we’ve all had some time to reflect on the changes we want to make, it’s time to make sure we set ourselves up for success.
Unfortunately, whether it’s getting in better shape, improving your skincare routine, or kicking a bad habit, few New Year’s resolutions make it through January.
A New Year offers another opportunity to start fresh and achieve your goals, so if you’re serious about making some lifestyle changes, check out these 7 tips to help make you more successful in realizing your resolutions.
- Choose an obtainable goal – Being realistic is one of the most important factors in goal setting, so be sure to set a goal that is within your reach. Setting a resolution that is too far out of your comfort zone is the surest way to fall short.
- Outline your plan – Breaking down the plan into smaller goals along the way will make it less intimidating. Taking it only one small goal at a time will make you proud of your achievements along the way and ultimately help you reach the ultimate goal. There are plenty of tools out there to help.
- Recruit a buddy – Share your resolution with friends and family who can offer support when you’re wavering and praise you when you’re sticking to your goals. Find a buddy with a similar resolution that you can take on together by motivating each other.
- Allow mistakes – Everyone has an occasional slip, but that doesn’t mean we should beat ourselves up over it and completely give up. Just view these mistakes as learning opportunities and focus on doing the best you can each day.
- Track your progress – Record your progress as you go to keep track of every success, no matter how small. Each accomplishment will give you the confidence to stick with your goal, especially as you get closer to the ultimate resolution.
- Reward yourself – Set up a series of rewards that will keep you motivated when sticking to the program gets tough. Then, celebrate your successes along the way by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t impede your resolution. If your resolution is to have better skin, reward yourself with a Clarisonic Cleansing System – it will get you quicker to your goal and will make a fabulous addition to your skincare routine.
- Stick to it – Adjusting to the changes to your lifestyle may be tough at first, but after a little while (around 21 days) they become habit. Don’t expect it to happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
What New Year resolutions made your top 5 list?
Clarisonic products are available from authorized retailers all over the world. To find an authorized online retailer of Clarisonic products, visit our Clarisonic Authorized Online Retailers page.
Please be aware that online auction and marketplace sites (such as Amazon and eBay) are not authorized retailers of Clarisonic products. Clarisonic product warranties are only valid when products are purchased from an authorized retailer.
Have questions about our warranty and return information? Check out our posts on How Can I Tell If I’m Covered Under Clarisonic’s Warranty? and Help! My Clarisonic Stopped Working.
‘Tis the season for beautiful skin!
To show our appreciation for our wonderful fans and help you to spread holiday cheer to your friends and loved ones, we’re bringing back Sonic Jingles and #SonicElf. We’re offering winners one Clarisonic to keep and one to gift!
You can enter your Sonic Jingle on our Facebook wall and/or enter your #SonicElf gift suggestion via Twitter. Here’s how it works:
Our Clarisonic Elves in the workshop need lots of new jingles, so we can’t wait to see what amazing Sonic Jingles you will come up with this year! Previous years’ highlights have included “Mia the Clarisonic” to the tune of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” and “Cleansing All The Way” to the tune of “Jingle Bells.” Simply post your Jingle on our Facebook wall or right here in the blog comments. Check out our first Facebook winner’s Sonic Jingle:
Do you know someone who deserves a Clarisonic? Tweet about why they should get one! Include their twitter handle and the hashtag #SonicElf, and you’re both entered to win a Clarisonic of your choice every week until Christmas. Remember to tell your friends and family so they can enter too and increase your chances of winning!
Stay tuned for winner announcements on Facebook and Twitter every Friday until Christmas!
The holiday season is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start selecting the perfect gifts for all your special someones. To help make the holiday gifting a bit less stressful this year, we’re offering a number of our favorite Holiday Limited Edition Gift Sets, sure to put a smile on the faces of everyone on your list!
With so many choices, it may be hard to pick the right gift set for you and your loved ones, but don’t worry, we’ve put together a guide for choosing the perfect Gift Set:
Holiday PLUS Set – If you are looking to achieve an all-over clean, this collection is for you. The Clarisonic PLUS has three speeds gentle enough for cleansing the face, yet effective for the rest of the body – leaving you with more absorbent skin. The Holiday PLUS set is filled with deluxe essentials including our popular PLUS system with Body Brush Head and Refining Skin Polish.
Holiday Mia Set – Our smallest Sonic Skin Cleansing System, the one-button, one-speed Clarisonic Mia would make an excellent starter kit for someone with an active lifestyle – offering beautiful skin at home or on-the-go.
Most Beautiful Mom – Make mom happy this holiday season with this anti-aging Opal Sonic Infusion System gift set – the palm-sized device and Anti-Aging formula are specifically designed to help build skin’s resilience over time and prevent future damage around the eyes – with an immediate reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Modern Sophistication – The new Clarisonic Aria infuses sonic cleansing with a perfect blend of function and form. Sleek, modern, intuitive, this brush would be a great fit with virtually any personality. With three speeds, a T-timer and a compact charging system – Aria is the most advanced collection yet.
Young and Fun – If you’re looking to add a little color to your skincare routine, this Limited Edition PLUS Whimsy gift set would be perfect for you. With all the wonderful features of the PLUS, and a playful, bright design, you’re sure to add some extra cheer to your holidays. This Limited Edition Gift Set includes a Body Brush Head as well as a complimentary gift of a Sensitive Brush Head and travel bag with purchase.
Your Special Guy – Men love tools – so why not surprise him with the most talked about skin care tool on the market? The Carbon Fiber Clarisonic Mia comes with a Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head and will give him cleaner, healthier, younger looking skin, not to mention a much closer shave!
Acne Clarifying Collection – If your fight against acne seems like a never-ending quest, then our Acne Clarifying Collection is for you. Pairing the power of the Clarisonic Mia with our Acne Cleansing Brush Head and Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, this collection helps reduce and prevent blemishes while simplifying your cleansing routine.
Which Holiday Limited Edition Gift Set is your favorite?
Let’s face it, we all have sugar cravings every once in a while – especially around the holidays, where delicious cookies and pies are teasing us on every corner!
If the promise of a slimmer waistline hasn’t curbed your sweet tooth, maybe the desire for smoother, younger looking skin will.
Recent findings suggest that a diet high in sugar can contribute to acne and accelerate skin aging. At blame is a natural process that’s known as glycation – a process through which sugar molecules enter your bloodstream and attach to proteins to form harmful new molecules known as advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause protein fibers such as collagen and elastin (fibers that keep skin firm and elastic) to become stiff and malformed.
The average American consumes nearly 89 grams of sugar per day. That’s more than four times the recommended amount for women (20 grams) and more than twice the recommended amount for men (36 grams). This tells us that there is certainly some room for improvement in our daily sugar intake levels.
While fruits contain varying amounts of sugar, they still offer numerous health benefits in terms of high vitamin and nutrient content – therefore making them a great option if you are craving something sweet.
What is concerning is that many of our other “go-to” foods may contain added sugars and we may not even know it. Food companies list sugar under aliases like dextrose, barley malt, corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate, maltose, maple syrup, molasses, fructose, and high-fructose corn syrup in an effort to hide the large amounts of sugars they contain. Therefore simply by cutting down on their consumption you can significantly reduce your sugar intake and be on the way to a healthier you!
An additional source of excess sugars is in what we are drinking – fruit juices, sodas and alcohol are also sugar-loaded culprits. Cutting down on these and occasionally substituting them for water is sure to help you get to your ideal weight and keep your skin looking smooth and youthful.
The good news about sugar-damaged skin: It’s never too late to turn back the clock. It may be tough to quit sugar cold turkey, so start by eliminating or reducing your intake of candy and chocolate. Be sure to continue to cut out additional sugary foods until you have reached your desired daily sugar intake.
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by INeedCoffee / CoffeeHero
If you love fruit that’s both delicious and good for you – you’re in for a treat!
The pitaya, also known as the dragon fruit, is not only an amazing ingredient for general health, but also does wonders for your skin – which is why it is one of our favorite natural beauty secrets.
This fruit keeps popping up as key ingredient in numerous beauty products and nutritional supplements for its richness in fiber, antioxidants and natural oils.
Here are just a few of the ways the pitaya can benefit your skin and body:
- Fights aging – The pitaya is a rich source of antioxidants and helps to fight free radicals in the body. Decreasing the number of free radicals slows down the aging process, leaving you with younger-looking skin.
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals – Full of vitamin C and B as well as minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and iron, this fruit helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Great source of fiber – The pitaya is well known for its cleansing properties of the digestive system, and we all know that having a healthy digestive system can do wonders for your skin and overall health.
- Weight management – Because the pitaya is low in calories and rich source of fiber, it helps to give the sensation of being full without adding extra pounds.
- Healthy heart – Not only does this fruit help reduce bad cholesterol while improving good cholesterol levels, it is also full of mono-saturated fats, which ensure the cardiovascular system is in tip-top shape.
- Improves eyesight – Pitaya contains carotene which helps in maintaining and improving eyesight.
Tasty and full of health benefits, pitaya is generally cut in half and eaten raw (including the seeds) using a spoon. You can add a little tang by squeezing a few drops of lemon directly onto the fruit. It would make a great dessert addition or blended with other tropical fruits in a smoothie.
We’ll be providing continuing coverage of additional natural ingredients that can have a beneficial impact on your body in future blog posts, so keep an eye out and be sure to check out our previous posts on Natural Beauty Secrets: Coconut Oil, Avocado, and Kale.
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Olivier H.
In order to make sure that our fans have all the necessary information on how to properly charge their Clarisonic, we compiled a list of customer questions along with their answers:
How do I know when the Clarisonic needs to be recharged?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: When the charge is low, the brush handle will beep immediately following the brushing cycle to alert you to place it in the cradle for charging.
Opal: When the system battery needs to be charged, the LED flashes and the Infuser pulses progressively from 1 to 5 times after the run cycle, beginning when the unit has 5 minutes of charge remaining (1 pulse), and again at the end of each use until the battery requires additional charge for continued use (5 pulses).
How long does a full battery charge last? How long does it take to charge?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: Allow 18 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 20 minutes of use, which is approximately 20 days when used once daily.
Opal: Allow 24 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 45 minutes of use, which is approximately 45 days when used once a day around each eye or 21 days when used twice a day.
Refer to the comparison chart for a detailed description of charging intervals.
How do I change the battery on my Clarisonic?
The battery cannot be changed on any of our units. The life span of the units ranges from at least 2 years to up to 5 or more. If your Clarisonic device is not holding charge, try plugging it into a different outlet to reset the unit. Be sure to contact customer service to check whether your device is still covered under warranty.
Can the chargers for various Clarisonic models be used interchangeably?
Will the Mia charger work with international power?
Yes, the pLink charger included with the Mia is compatible with 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz. This allows it to be used worldwide with the appropriate country adapter.
The guide tells you to charge for 24 hours before use. What happens if it becomes disconnected after only a few hours? Will it still hold a charge?
Yes, just recharge it until the lights are solid green.
Where can I purchase a replacement charger for my Clarisonic?
You can call our customer service at 888-525-2747 to help purchase a new charger for your Clarisonic device.
Where is the LED light and how can you tell if the Clarisonic is fully charged?
The LED light is located on the back of the handle in the center of the brush. It will be flashing continuously until it is charged at which point it will become a solid light.
My Clarisonic Mia feels very warm for the first 10-15 seconds. Is that normal?
Yes, the Clarisonic does heat up when on the charger. It will feel warm to the touch but should not be uncomfortable.
Should I keep my Clarisonic on the charging cradle after each use or only charge it when it loses its charge?
We recommend always keeping your Clarisonic device on the charger when it’s not in use.
I recently have had problems with my Clarisonic starting and stopping on its own.
Sounds like some of the Clarisonic technology is malfunctioning. As with most electrical gadgets, a technical failure can be possible. Therefore, we are standing by to get your issue resolved and your system back up and running. We offer warranties on the systems in the event that something might happen, take a look at our blog post on what to do When Your Clarisonic Stops Working.
When it comes to Acne Treatments the most effective and readily available on the market are Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. We will break down both acne fighters so that you have all of the information you need to decide which product you need to add to your skin care routine and rid your skin of acne once and for all.
We will start with science first, Benzoyl Peroxide is benzoic acid and oxygen; since the products breaks down on your skin, the oxygen helps to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. Benzoic acid causes skin to peel, exfoliating out the dead skin that inflames follicles, the bumps we see on the skin. Benzoyl is very powerful and can be very drying. If you have sensitive skin and light acne, over applying can dry out and exacerbate the problems you already have.
Salicylic Acid is an organic compound naturally found in plants. Salicylic Acid is primarily known as an ingredient in acne treatments, but is also effective in reducing and eliminating calluses, eczema, psoriasis and warts. Salicylic Acid works by promoting the shedding of damaged skin cells and promoting the growth of new ones. Salicylic Acid is so successful at as an acne treatment because it breaks down acne while increasing skin exfoliation.
The Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser uses a 2% concentration of Salicylic Acid. This powerful acne fighting formula dries and clears acne while allowing skin to heal and prevent new blemishes from forming. The cleanser is designed to be used daily and is enriched with vitamins and botanicals to help reduce the appearance of redness and leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Read what others who participated in a consumer study experienced and their results after just two weeks of use.
- 78% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser gentler than other acne cleansers they had used.
- 86% liked the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser better than other acne cleansers they have used.
- 66% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser hydrating.
- 86% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser soothing and or calming.
- 76% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped exfoliate dead skin cells.
- 86% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped their skin feel softer and smoother.
- 60% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped reduce clogged pores.
- 74% perceived a reduction in excessive oil.
- 70% of users perceived a reduction in the severity of breakouts and/or frequency of breakouts.
- 92% of users found the Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection easier to use than other acne regimens they have used in the past.
- 82% of users perceived an improvement in the overall condition of their skin.
We’re so sure you’ll love the Acne Clarifying Collection that we offer a 90-day, feel and see guarantee along with a two-year product warranty. The Acne Daily Cleanser is the perfect accompaniment to your skin care routine, whether paired with the Acne Cleansing Brush Head or one of your other favorite brush heads you will be on your journey to clear skin.