We asked for your skincare concerns and you answered! In the last month you have been weighing in on your most important skin care concerns through our online Skin Care Quiz. There is no doubt we are all striving for perfect skin so we asked, “If your skin could make a wish, what would it be?” Over 14,000 people (or 21% of the men and women taking the Clarisonic Skin Quiz) are looking for ways to “Shrink my pores so my skin is softer and smoother.”
With so many Clarisonic users interested in minimizing the appearance of their pores, we thought we would look deeper into the question, how do you minimize the appearance of enlarged or clogged pores?
Let’s start by gaining an understanding of what pores are and their purpose. Bottom line, we need our pores. These tiny little openings allow oil and sweat to reach your skin’s surface. The good news is, while we cannot completely eliminate our pores we can make them appear smaller!
A simple Google search on this topic populates several products and regiments claiming to shrink and even eliminate your pores. In reality, the best way to reduce the appearance of pores is to keep your skin clean!
Why is clean skin so important?
Day and night, our skin is subject to oil, perspiration, dirt, and makeup. These combine to make a sticky, stubborn pore-clogging layer that can make our skin look unhealthy, feel rough and even cause irritation. This layer of film also acts as a barrier to skincare products resulting in reduced effectiveness. Cleansing your skin at least once or twice a day helps to dislodge any unwanted dirt, sweat, oil or makeup. Your pores will now be free of dirt and grime making your skin softer, smoother and allowing skincare products to absorb more deeply and evenly.
We are happy to lend a hand in the fight against enlarged and clogged pores. The first question our founders asked when developing the Clarisonic was “how do you unplug a pore?” and from that it evolved to “how do you transform the look and feel of your skin?”
How do Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Devices unplug a pore?
Clarisonic’s patented, perfected and loved Sonic Technology gently oscillates back and forth to physically flex the pores, loosening trapped debris and reducing pore appearance. Additionally, excess oily patches and shine are removed for a supersonic deep clean without irritation. Every Clarisonic facial cleansing device cleanses skin 6x better than hands alone to leave skin softer and smoother.
To take pore minimizing to the next level—check out our — Deep Pore Cleansing Detoxifying Solution, which combines a Clarisonic Mia 2 facial cleansing device with our Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head, Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and Deep Pore Detoxifying Clay Mask. Our Deep Pore solution uses our traditional sonic cleansing technology with additional powerful fluid forces to gently remove surface debris and immediately reduce the appearance of your pores by 25%.
If enlarged pores are not your main skin care concern, take our skin care quiz today to find out which Clarisonic products are best for you.
“We invented Clarisonic so you can reinvent your skin.” Dr. Robb Akridge, Co-Founder of Clarisonic
Our June 18, 2013, Twitter was buzzing with great pore minimizing tips and tricks as we celebrated the launch of our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution! We were thrilled to co-host this #TweetChat with Beauty411, a beauty and fashion blogger, who shared great skincare secrets and her favorite products.
We put together some of our favorite tweets to share with you:
Here are the pore minimizing topics were discussed along with some of your responses:
Q1: Summer is almost here! How do you change your skincare routine to assure clear pores in warmer weather?
- @amyl12: “I use a lot of SPF, and I cleanse twice a day, switch to products for oily skin”
- @stblissout: “I up my use of masks and lighten my products J”
- @kygurl62689: “I exfoliate both morning and night, and I avoid using foundation and opt for a primer or BB cream instead.”
Q2: There are a lot of misconceptions about clogged pores. What would you like to know?
- @cavishki: “I have a problem with black heads. What is the proper way to cleanse my skin?”
- @MNicoTarm: “Can the deep pore brush head be used on skin with rosacea or is it too harsh?”
Q3: What are the top three facial skin concerns in the US?
- @willdamy: “Lines, wrinkles and acne”
- @poohro: “Wrinkles, Blemishes, Age spots/dark circles”
- @PhyliciaSP: “Acne, dry skin, and oily skin.. It’s always a bad combination”
Q4: Clarisonic’s new cleanser is sulfate and paraben-free. What other ingredients do you look for and avoid in your beauty products?
- @momUNblogger: “I prefer my beauty products to be free of heavy fragrance. It can be too much.”
- @AgeistBeauty: “I look for products with natural fruit acids and anti-oxidants”
Q5: What are the contributing factors of pore size?
- @Banina9: “Stress, age, hormones, genetics, skin care, hydration..”
- @runaround8: “Sebum production. The more oily your skin, the bigger your pores look.”
- @VernaeHogue: “Debris and dead skin cells stretching the pores”
Q6: Makeup tip: Apply w/ downward strokes to reduce appearance of pores. What other tips do you have for us?
- @mom4everandever: “I wash makeup brushes every other day”
- @Beauty411: “To clean makeup brushes, a drop of baby shampoo in water works great! Make sure to rinse thoroughly then dry.”
Missed this #SonicChat? No worries, you can find more information on pore minimizing and our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution on our website. You can also test your skincare knowledge with our 30 Prizes in 30 Days Sweepstakes on Facebook, where you can enter to win a Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution of your own.
Looking to minimize the appearance of pore size, reduce excess oil and improve skin clarity? Well, we’ve got great news for you!
Our new Deep Pore Detoxifying Solution goes where no cleansing regimen has gone before. This exclusive new regimen combines the efficacy of the Clarisonic Mia 2 (featuring our original, patented sonic cleansing technology), the Deep Pore Brush Head, and two specially designed formulas that gently, yet effectively, reduce the appearance of pores, clear debris, control oil and improve skin clarity.
Get to know our newest addition to the Clarisonic family:
Deep Pore Mia 2 – The Mia 2 you have grown to love offers all the benefits of sonic cleansing in a compact, easy-to-use style.
- Clinically proven to cleanse 6x better than with the hands alone*
- Proven safe, gentle and effective
- Cleanses so thoroughly that skin care products absorb better
- Speeds – Features 2 customized speeds: Low speed (delicate) and Normal (Universal)
- Brush Head – Patented Sonic Oscillation gently flexes the pore to release embedded make up and debris
*data on file
Deep Pore Brush Head – Our Deep Pore Brush Head is specially engineered with a dual-directional oscillation movement that creates fluid forces that flex and flush your pores to thoroughly loosen trapped dirt, oil and debris to minimize the appearance of pores.
- Three sets of dual inner rings oscillate at over 300 movements per second
- Polished and rounded bristle tips ensure a gentle and non-abrasive experience
- Outer brush ring remains stationary to aid as a splash guard and to keep the brush head flush with skin while cleansing
- Blue and white dual-direction inner bristles flex and flush pores
Deep Pore Daily Cleanser – Our new Deep Pore Daily Cleanser is an invigorating, paraben and sulfate-free gel cleanser that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of pores as it deeply cleans without stripping or drying the skin.
- An invigorating, foaming gel cleanser contains a powerful blend of pore refining ingredients to remove impurities and excess sebum, without drying or irritating the skin
- Non-stripping, sulfate and paraben-free formula
- Safe and gentle enough for twice daily use
Detoxifying Clay Mask – Deep Cleansing weekly treatment decongests, detoxifies and purifies pores for noticeably smoother, softer looking skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids gently exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal a smoother skin texture with refined pores
- Kaolin Clay and Bentonite are both natural earth clays that gently draw out impurities, absorb oil and reduce shine to rid the pores of harmful, pore-clogging toxins
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients, aloe and chamomile, help soothe, protect and soften the skin
What is your favorite feature in our new collection?