Throughout the day our skin is exposed to a tremendous amount of oil, dirt, sun, sweat and other bacteria. We know we need to clear our skin of this layer of build-up each and every night before bed. But how?
Finding the perfect nighttime skin care routine is not an easy task! You may be asking yourself questions like: How many steps should there be? What is the best order to complete the steps? What products should I be using? Am I using too many products? I’m tired; how long will this routine take? The thoughts go on and on.
The most important step to any nighttime skin care routine is the first step…. cleansing! In just 60 seconds, your Clarisonic cleansing device will remove the build-up of makeup, dirt and oil 6 times better than cleansing with hands alone. As a result, the Clarisonic provides increased absorption for the products you apply in the remaining steps of your routine. And just like that the first step in your nighttime skincare routine is complete. It’s that easy!
If you plan to add an additional step focused on reducing fine lines and wrinkles, we now have a sonic method for accelerating the reduction of those stubborn fine lines and wrinkles while building your skin’s resilience over time. Our Clarisonic Opal gently taps a soft silicone tip to the skin around your eye to maximize the absorption of eye serums and wrinkle-reducing creams in a way that’s not possible with your finger alone.
Want to learn more about how to incorporate your Clarisonic cleansing device into a nighttime skincare routine?
We would love to hear how your Clarisonic fits into your nighttime skin care routine!
S.M.S.: Save My Skin – In Six Quick Questions
After hearing about Clarisonic for years in magazines, as part of celebrity must-have beauty tips, and on blogs, you’ve finally decided that it is time to get a Clarisonic of your own. Your best friend told you her skin feels amazingly soft after using it, your sister swears she looks years younger and your dermatologist recommended Clarisonic as part of your skin care regime. OK. You’re convinced. But now you wonder…Which Clarisonic is right for you?
Since Clarisonic developed the very first sonic facial cleansing device back in 2001, they’ve launched a range of face and body cleansing devices, brush heads and cleansers, designed to improve any and all skin types. Now—we all love options, but we also love our time. So to help us all find the right products from a brand we trust, and find them quickly—Clarisonic has introduced a quick new Skin Care Quiz. Six questions, three minutes of your time and suddenly: a clear path to gorgeous skin.
Do you need a solution for problem pores? Want to smooth fine lines? Or like me, have you wished for a giant eraser to get rid of dark spots? Well, Clarisonic wants to help you look fantastic and feel confident—and the quiz is a great place to start.
I answered six questions in about three minutes, and voilà! I got my own personal power trio: the three products that best complement each other to improve my skin. I got a recommendation for the SMART Profile device (cannot wait for head-to-toe exfoliation!) and Radiance Sonic Brightening Solution to even out my skin tone.
Whether you deal with acne or delicate skin, the quiz is a super quick and easy way to navigate Clarisonic’s many amazing products and get your best complexion ever.
Looking for the secret to healthier hair and glowing skin? Look no further, we’ve found a superfood that is sure to satisfy your appetite and keep you looking great.
Besides being rich in protein and vitamin D, the Omega-3 fatty acids found in this tasty cold-water fish are the key to long, healthy “lox” and a glowing complexion.
Here are just a few benefits of eating salmon:
- Younger looking skin – Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, which keep your skin supple, moisturized, and blemish free. They lock moisture into skin cells, encouraging the production of strong collagen and elastin fibers, which contribute to more youthful looking skin.
- Sun protection – The combination of salmon’s essential fatty acids and selenium will protect your skin from UV damage and premature aging. Therefore, consider treating yourself to this tasty fish if you’re thinking of heading out into the sun.
- Healthy hair – Loaded with protein and fish oil, salmon provides nourishment to hair follicles, promoting healthy and lustrous hair. The combination of high selenium content and vitamins B5 and B12 encourages hair growth and ensures that your hair shines.
- Weight loss – The Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D and selenium, together help to increase the body’s metabolism by facilitating the absorption of sugar and therefore lowering the blood sugar levels. Delicious and slimming – yes please!
- Bone strength – The vitamin D in salmon keeps your bones and teeth strong and healthy.
- Cardiovascular health – While the Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce cholesterol and strengthen cardiac muscles, the essential amino acids repair damage to cardiovascular tissues. Together, they help control high blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels, overall considerably reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Muscle and tissue development – Proteins, amino acids, and selenium are essential components of muscle and tissue building, making salmon the perfect addition to your diet if you’re looking to tone and strengthen your body.
- Improved Eye Health – The Omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids found in salmon help improve eye health and prevent macular degeneration, dryness, and fatigue of the eyes. Pair these results with our Opal and Anti-Aging Sea Serum to get the noticeably firmer skin around your eyes to really show them off.
Salmon’s health benefits are too great to ignore, so if you want gorgeous skin, lustrous hair, and a slimmer figure, consider incorporating salmon into your diet. Try it baked, broiled, grilled, or sashimi style to get on your way to a healthier you.
The Clarisonic Opal was the Perfect Pick-Me-Up at Fashion Week!
The hustle and bustle of Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week can often take a toll on a model’s skin. Thankfully the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System was present to help them get runway ready.
In order to revive tired eyes and relieve skin, the models backstage at the Cynthia Rowley Fall 2013 show received Clarisonic Opal treatments from makeup artist Romy Soleimani and skincare treatments from Joanna Vargas on February 10, 2013. The backstage area, sponsored by Beauty.com, was a true treat for all models.
Clarisonic Takes Center Stage, Backstage!
Models, stylists, makeup artists, editors and bloggers all took a moment to learn about Clarisonic while backstage at Cynthia Rowley. Editors from Makeup.com, Teen Vogue, NYLON and more were able to view the Clarisonic product line and receive information about the Opal Sonic Infusion System treatments that were provided to models prior to their makeup application. Everyone was delighted at how gentle the device felt against their skin and was amazed at its ability to provide an immediate improvement to the under-eye area.
Who wants to look tired on the catwalk? Thankfully, the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System came to the models’ rescue! Romy used the device to gently knead serum into the skin around the models’ under-eye areas. This sonic infusion thoroughly hydrated the models’ skin and helped combat under-eye bags. The minute long treatment was the perfect pick-me-up for those strutting under the bright lights of the runway, and was perfect for those who had been at shows since 6AM that morning.
A Perfect Canvas
Stila makeup artists were thrilled about the addition of the Opal to the backstage lineup. A quick sonic infusion treatment by Romy provided them with the perfect canvas for makeup application and added hydration under their eyes. Concealers went on smoothly and evenly. The Cynthia Rowley look consisted of a matte face with a strong emphasis on dark, vampy purple lips and russet eyes.
The Final Look: Cynthia Rowley
The Cynthia Rowley Fall 2013 Collection was inspired by “Urban Romance.” A love affair with New York City was her base, but with a dark twist. Models wore “moody” makeup consisting of violets and shimmery shadows. With heavy coats of mascara and brushed-through brows, models were prepped with a gloomy yet sophisticated look.
Have you been eyeing the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System? Its ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, ease of use, and sleek design will make it an indispensable product in your beauty routine. The Opal comes with our Anti-Aging Sea Serum, which is optimized for use with the device. The Opal hydrates and smoothes the skin by lightly massaging the serum into the eye area using the same sonic technology as our Sonic Cleansing brushes.
To achieve smooth and flawless skin, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
Step 1 Prior to the first use, charge the Opal by attaching the infuser to the magnetic charging base, aligning the silver stripes. Allow 24 hours for a full charge, which will then provide 45 minutes of use.
Step 2 Remove the cap from the Sonic Infuser and set it aside. Place the nozzle of the bottle containing the Anti-Aging Sea Serum slightly above the applicator tip and dispense just enough serum to fill the tip to the brim (about the size of a small pea).
Step 3 To power-on the Opal, press and release the power button located on the side of the Sonic Infuser.
Step 4 Place the applicator tip flat to the skin on the crow’s feet area of the eye.
Step 5 Apply light pressure on the applicator tip as you slowly move it in circular strokes across the rim of the bone outlining the eye. The Opal will turn off automatically after 30 seconds.
Warning: Do not use the Opal directly on the eye, the eyelid, or within the soft area around your eye.
Step 6: Repeat steps 2-5 to treat your other eye.
Step 7: After treatment, gently remove the leftover serum from the applicator tip using a cotton swab or tissue. Replace the dispenser cap for safe keeping.
Looking for more insight into the Opal? Be sure to check out stories submitted by over a thousand Opal users to get their perspective and suggestions for using this revolutionary product. We would love to hear about your experience using the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion system so be sure to share your feedback with the Clarisonic team and fellow beauty enthusiasts.
She kissed your owies when you were a child and dried your tears when your heart broke for the first time. She told you how smart and beautiful you were when you felt the opposite, and encouraged you to go after all of your passions—whether you wanted to be a ballet dancer or a doctor. No one knows you better than your mom, and you wouldn’t be the person you are today without her.
After all these years it’s still a challenge to think of the perfect gift for her, but when it comes to showing your appreciation, it really is the thought that counts. Here are a few simple Mother’s Day gift ideas to help you do just that:
- Fresh flowers are the classic Mother’s Day gift. Make your bouquet unique by hand selecting each flower yourself. Choosing the colors, scents, and varieties she likes best will make this traditional gift even more thoughtful.
- Who doesn’t love a day at the spa? Treat mom to a hot stone massage, a mani-pedi, or a facial—many specialty spas actually include a Clarisonic cleansing as part of their treatment now.
- Give her a brand new Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum, so she can have the spa treatment at home whenever she wants. She’ll feel refreshed and energized with skin that looks brighter, younger, and more beautiful than ever.
- Spend an afternoon together. One of the best gifts you can give a loved one is your time, so take mom wine tasting at a local vineyard or offer to help her out in the garden for a few hours.
- What’s the one thing your mom has always wanted to learn to do, but never found time for? Making pottery? Figuring out what it takes to bake a soufflé? Find a local class where she can do just that. If she’s nervous, offer to take the class with her!
- Potted indoor plants are a lovely, longer-lasting alternative to fresh flowers. If your mom likes to cook, pick out a few potted herbs (rosemary and basil are great options) to put on her kitchen windowsill. If not, try a succulent or two. They come in all kinds of charming varieties and are easy to take care of.
- Find an old photo of the two of you and put it in a nice frame. Set it by her bed when she isn’t looking so she’ll be surprised to find it in the morning. Who wouldn’t love to wake up to that?
What other great Mother’s Day gift ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!
We all know that the Opal is the palm-sized anti-aging secret weapon of many women, but what is the right age to start using one? Dr. Robb answers, is the Opal safe for young women to prevent wrinkles?
Dr. Robb says, your eye tissue is always losing water and a great way to keep it hydrated is to use Sonic Technology no matter how old you are. IT is all about hydration, hydration, and hydration and by using Sonic Technology you’re getting more water in than you can with your finger and the signs of aging are diminished.
A daily skin regimen is vital as your skin ages. It’s a general fact that cared for skin looks younger – there’s no doubt about it. We’ve broken down the general points to a good anti-aging routine. Don’t worry if you’ve let your skin care regimen lapse. Take our tips and you should start seeing results in no time.
The start of any skin care routine is cleansing. This may seem like a simple step, but finding a cleanser that works for your skin type is very important. Once you find a cleanser that is perfect for your skin, stick to it. Be sure to cleanse your skin daily, washing off makeup and daytime build up nightly before bed. A clear clean face is the first step to healthy beautiful skin.
The key to younger looking skin is to remove old skin cells. Your skin sheds it’s dead cells all the time and they lie on the surface blocking moisture from being absorbed into the skin. A great way to alleviate these unwanted skin cells is to exfoliate. Removing these cells daily will lead to easier and deeper absorption of your other skin care products. Sloughing off dead skin cells daily will lead to glowing and silky smooth skin.
To round out your anti-aging skin care ritual, the last step is moisturizing. Providing your skin nutrient-rich vitamins to your skin will help promote new healthy skin to grow while protecting and nurturing the skin you have. Moisturizing in the morning promotes all-day hydration and gives your skin a great base for your makeup. Moisturizing prior to bed-time enables your skin to restore itself properly during the nighttime hours.
Once you’ve finished moisturizing-you’re done! Getting down your skincare routine is the tough part. Once you start pampering your skin regularly you will see the results of younger looking skin. Happy Sonic Cleansing!
What are you doing to turn back the clock?