Now that we’re a few weeks into the New Year and we’ve all had some time to reflect on the changes we want to make, it’s time to make sure we set ourselves up for success.
Unfortunately, whether it’s getting in better shape, improving your skincare routine, or kicking a bad habit, few New Year’s resolutions make it through January.
A New Year offers another opportunity to start fresh and achieve your goals, so if you’re serious about making some lifestyle changes, check out these 7 tips to help make you more successful in realizing your resolutions.
- Choose an obtainable goal – Being realistic is one of the most important factors in goal setting, so be sure to set a goal that is within your reach. Setting a resolution that is too far out of your comfort zone is the surest way to fall short.
- Outline your plan – Breaking down the plan into smaller goals along the way will make it less intimidating. Taking it only one small goal at a time will make you proud of your achievements along the way and ultimately help you reach the ultimate goal. There are plenty of tools out there to help.
- Recruit a buddy – Share your resolution with friends and family who can offer support when you’re wavering and praise you when you’re sticking to your goals. Find a buddy with a similar resolution that you can take on together by motivating each other.
- Allow mistakes – Everyone has an occasional slip, but that doesn’t mean we should beat ourselves up over it and completely give up. Just view these mistakes as learning opportunities and focus on doing the best you can each day.
- Track your progress – Record your progress as you go to keep track of every success, no matter how small. Each accomplishment will give you the confidence to stick with your goal, especially as you get closer to the ultimate resolution.
- Reward yourself - Set up a series of rewards that will keep you motivated when sticking to the program gets tough. Then, celebrate your successes along the way by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t impede your resolution. If your resolution is to have better skin, reward yourself with a Clarisonic Cleansing System – it will get you quicker to your goal and will make a fabulous addition to your skincare routine.
- Stick to it – Adjusting to the changes to your lifestyle may be tough at first, but after a little while (around 21 days) they become habit. Don’t expect it to happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
What New Year resolutions made your top 5 list?
Now that we have started a New Year, there is no better time than to take your skincare into your own hands. Just because another year means another birthday and a year older, doesn’t mean the effects have to be seen on your skin. We’ve compiled a list of skincare resolutions for 2011 to help keep your skin looking fresh and young.
Don’t Sleep with Your Makeup On
Your skin needs time to breathe and wearing makeup non-stop can clog your pores.
Wear Sunscreen Daily
Although you may not be in the sun every day, using a moisturizer with an SPF will help fight the signs of aging caused by the sun even when it is overcast outside.
Don’t Pick Your Skin
We all know how tempting it is to pick or scratch a blemish, but this is only prolonging the problem and could possibly result in a scar.
Drink Plenty of Water
Many people don’t drink nearly as much water as the recommended daily amount. Eight glasses a day is a must and your skin will thank you for it.
Get Your Beauty Sleep
During the night, our skin restores itself from the effects of stress, makeup and harmful elements. Inadequate sleep can show through your skin with unwanted dark circles and fine lines so be sure to get your beauty sleep.
Around the holidays we can fall out of our routine of exercising so the New Year is great time to get back into the swing of things. Sweating out your skins impurities through exercising is one healthy way to have glowing skin.
Cleanse With Your Clarisonic!
Try to keep up a regular routine of cleansing with your Clarisonic. We all know life can be hectic getting ready in the mornings and for bed, but aim to use your Clarisonic on a regular basis instead of at random intervals so your skin is accustomed to the sonic cleansing.
Now that we have shared some skincare resolutions for 2011, we want to know yours! Share with us in the comments!
Every year it seems the most common New Year’s resolution is to exercise more and lose weight. The first instinct is usually to join the gym. However, we have all seen the influx of members the first two weeks of January and then they slowly disappear. So why not try something a little different than heading over to the gym and tackle two resolutions with one activity: try something new and get more exercise.
On a crisp winter day with the sun shining, it is hard to beat a nice hike. Not only will you get fresh air and connect with nature, you are also getting workout. The uneven ground provides a natural variety instead of constantly changing the incline on the treadmill or elliptical. If you want a more intense workout, head up to the mountains and go snowshoeing. If you happen to be near water, kayaking can provide a great workout for your upper body as well.
If the weather isn’t cooperating for an outdoor workout, head over to an indoor rock climbing facility and you might surprise yourself with what a fun activity this can be. Another great option for indoor workouts is a dance class. A workout that can be useful on the dance floor is always a good bet.
Whip yourself into shape by joining a boot camp session. These classes are geared towards ultimate fitness and will surely jumpstart your workout routine. If you want to continue to sweat it out, go to a hot yoga or martial arts class. Hot Yoga could be the extra oomph added on to your regular yoga routine. If it’s cardio you are looking for, martial arts classes will definitely get your heart pumping.
Do you have any favorite alternatives to the gym?