Do you ever wish your manicure could last longer and not get ruined by cleaning the house or rummaging through your purse leaving you with chipped nail polish? CND’s Shellac Manicure is the new trend in nails and can keep your manicure looking perfect for up to two weeks.
The first hybrid nail application that blends the strength and shine of a gel nail treatment with the ease of regular nail polish. The best part about the Shellac nail polish is that while alternating hands to be polished, you are drying the coats under a UV light and ready to go once the manicure is over. There is no waiting around until the polish dries and then praying you don’t ruin your nails while reaching into your purse for your keys.
The only drawback to this new nail craze is that it can only be applied in salons and you have to return to the salon to have the polish removed. The manicure is also pricier than a standard manicure, but if you don’t have to return as often, it might be worth it.
Have you tried the new Shellac manicure? Are you interested in this latest nail trend?
Skin endures a lot during the summer months – sunshine, pool water and dry air –it can be tough to keep it looking healthy. We’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you stay cool, feel cool and look cool in the summer heat.
- Sunscreen is ESSENTIAL on exposed and unexposed skin
- It’s also important to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water; this is especially important if you are physically active
- While you’re protecting yourself don’t forget to protect your lips with SPF lip balm
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm SPF 15 helps protect against sunburn and relieves chapped lips
- Wear lightweight and light colored clothing to protect your skin and stay cool in the heat
- Wear a hat with a large brim to shade your neck and face
- Finish off your look with a bright lipstick
- Check out Summer Skin Tips from Daniel Sandler for a complete summer skin look featuring bright lipstick colors and the Clarisonic
- A shade from MAC Cosmetics To the Beach line is perfect for summer
- Use a bold summer nail polish color
- Popular colors for summer include: bright pink, baby blue, light green, taupe and traditional pale pink.
- Try one of the fabulous shades from the OPI Summer Flutter collection.
- Simplify your makeup routine and stick to the basics
How do you beat the summer heat? We’d love to hear your tips and tricks – leave a comment!