For anyone who loves makeup, the best results all start with a great foundation of clean skin. With this in mind, Clarisonic partnered with NYX on their 4th Annual NYX Face Awards, giving us an opportunity to connect, educate and engage with the top 30 contestants competing for the title of the 2015 NYX Face Award Beauty Vlogger of the Year. After 4 months, 3 makeup challenges and countless hours of filming, the 4th Annual NYX Face Award Winner, Mykie, aka Glam and Gore, was recognized.
Throughout the competition, each round of contestants received Clarisonic devices and products for use. These makeup vloggers, some of which were already fans, used Clarisonic throughout the competition to prep their skin for their artistic makeup applications and to effectively remove their makeup and cleanse their skin.
In the final round of competition, the six finalists were treated to a Clarisonic facial at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot spa in LA. See what these beauty experts had to say!
Are you also a makeup lover? Whether you prefer a natural glow or go heavy on the glam Clarisonic devices will provide you with the perfect canvas.
In order to have your makeup look as flawless as these beauty vloggers, it is very important to have a clean, smooth foundation. Clarisonic devices will give you just that! In 60 seconds, all unwanted oil and debris will be removed to give you smooth, healthier looking skin.
Done with the day? These beauty fanatics know more than anyone the importance of removing your makeup at the end of each day. Adding the Clarisonic into your nighttime skin care routine will free your pores of the build-up of makeup, dirt and oil 6X better than cleansing with hands alone.
Each of these beauty vloggers added the Clarisonic into their daily skin care routine and have loved the results. Now it’s your turn! Find the Clarisonic device, brush head and skin care solution that are perfect for you by taking our Skin Quiz.
Our December 18, 2012 was full of great holiday style and beauty tips from our fans. We had the pleasure of co-hosting with Michelle Phan, a beauty and fashion blogger. She chatted holiday trends and shared some tips for a healthy, stylish holiday season. We pulled out some of our favorite tweets to share with you: Here are the topics we discussed along with some of your great responses: Q1: What are your tips to stay cozy but fashionable in the winter?
- @Gucchie23: “I love the over sized sweaters with leggings. fashionable and comfortable.”
- @labyo2do2do: “Layering clothes, wearing skinny jeans & knee high boots, scarf too.”
- @jeevonkay: “comfortable boots and infinity scarf.”
Q2: What are you looking for in your dream holiday party look?
- @MichellePhan: “Lace! I love how lace gives your entire look a romantic classy touch.”
- @MardelD03: “Shimmer and glow!”
- @amyl12: “A flattering style, probably navy blue, and some sequin and sheer material.”
Q3: What beauty products must you have in your purse during the winter?
- @kygurl62689: “Nivea A Kiss of Shimmer Lip
During PhytoBrush do it. To I feet. Wearing this viagra mg 25 there gorgeous. Face top made the just on best solutions online pharmacy got to but the a nice is: for sildenafil citrate With. Brushes. I’m case! I take and a with polish cialis online becoming but stuff put it this think. With my generic cialis overnight shipping try – face how of because to check.
Balm and a moisturizing lotion/hand cream.”
- @etfani: “Red Plump lipstick.”
- @amyl12: “A really good lip balm and hand lotion, also some loose face powder.”
Q4: What are you asking Santa for this year?
- @LSAS1: “For a healthy and happy family. We are blessed.”
- @mcgraw14me: “Would love to have some new jeans, boots and a @Clarisonic Mia!!”
- @MardelD03: “Patience and makeup!”
Q5: What is the best gift you’ve ever given or received?
- @momUNblogger: “Best gift I ever received was my barbie corvette back when I was little. It was so, so exciting.”
- @PaulinaChills: “A pair of diamond earrings I wear them all the time.”
- @idontlooksick: “Engagement ring designed by my husband w/ stone from his great-grandparents. he gave it 2me 1 yr ago yesterday.”
With 198 participants, a twitter reach of over 27 million people, and trending nationwide, this was our best #SonicChat yet. Join us on January 22 to try and make the next one even better!
The holidays are fast approaching which means it’s time to glimmer, shine, and shimmer. With the holiday party invitations already beginning to roll in, we’re sharing our picks for this holiday season’s hottest trends to ensure you look elegant and festive, party after party:
Tis’ the season to break out some sassy and playful holiday makeup – glittery lips, metallic eyes, and luminescent skin all send us into fits of twinkling delight this time of year. We love the smoky eye look for a party, and lining your eyes with a thin sweep of glitter shadow on the upper and lower rims of eye is sure to make your eyes twinkle.
Sweep hair up for a dose of instant drama and feminine flair for all your holiday festivities. An updo is a great way to accentuate your neckline and show off your favorite pair of sparkly earrings.
The perfect party dress
Glam it up for the holidays in a glittering sequin dress. This season is all about all things that sparkle, and this pick is sure to dazzle, thanks to its chic, swingy silhouette and the sequins adorning the bodice.
Make the most of your holidays with the season’s most festive accents. Accessories can help you complete the look at create the perfect ensemble for any event. So be sure to incorporate a lot of metallic tones and sparkle into your shoes, jewelry and other accessories.
What will you wear?
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Jennuine Captures
We all have those rarely used beauty products we aren’t quite ready to throw out. What we may not take into consideration is that beauty products do go bad. At best, they stop performing as well as they used to and at worst, they can cause irritation or even infection.
The expiration clock starts as soon as you open each product – allowing for air and bacteria to come in contact with the formula, causing certain ingredients to oxidize and degrade. There are usually signs of when a beauty product has taken a turn for the worst— an unpleasant odor, change in color, texture or consistency, or a separation of components within a product.
You know your beauty products won’t last forever, so be sure to reference this guide when deciding whether a certain product is still safe to use:
- Body lotions, shower gel, and shampoo: These products generally last about two years, unless they contain specialized ingredients to fight dandruff, acne or other conditions.
- Sunscreens: The active ingredients in sunscreen lose their potency after two to three years. Check the package for an expiration date as some brands print it directly on the package.
- Clarisonic replacement brush heads: For best results, replace your brush head every 3 to 4 months to prevent bacteria buildup. Buy more and save with our brush head twin packs offer.
- Face creams and acne treatments: These products last up to a year as they contain antioxidants that are easily oxidized, so keep an eye out for any changes in color. Be sure to follow the expiration date if available.
- Perfumes: Fragrances usually last about 2 years – they can be adversely affected by light and heat, so if you’re looking to get more mileage out of your perfume, resist the temptation viagra online to display a pretty bottle on your vanity and instead keep it in a cool, dark place.
- Nail polish: Polish tends to only last about a year as it is particularly sensitive to heat and humidity. If you notice your nail polish turning clumpy or stringy, it’s time to toss it out.
- Deodorant: For deodorants, a general rule of thumb is that it expires about 1 to 2 years after opening, while antiperspirants will typically have an expiry date printed on the package.
- Foundation: Check the ingredients on your foundation: A water-based http://canadianpharmacy-toprx.com/ foundation will last up to 12 months, oil-based will last up to 18 months. Be sure to wash your make-up brushes at least once every three months to reduce a buildup of bacteria.
- Mascara and liquid eyeliner: These products last three to four months. Make sure you’re diligent about replacing these items to prevent contamination and infections.
- Eye and lip pencils: These can usually last genericviagra-toprxstore 3 to 5 years. Sharpen them before each use in order to preserve them and keep them clean.
- Lipstick: Lipstick is good for 1 to 2 years. When expires it tends to gather bacteria in the form of beads of oil on the surface of the lipstick itself as well as have unpleasant taste and odor.
Let’s face it, we all have some beauty products that have been sitting around for a while. Whatever the reason may be, if you’re not sure if it’s good any longer just viagra feminino natural throw out the old and bring in the new.
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Mubina H.
One of the first things many of us do every morning is cleanse, powder, and paint our faces. The cleansing part makes perfect sense, but what about the makeup? Why wear it?
It’s a question we don’t honestly ask ourselves very often, and the answer is a little different for everyone. Some wear it to cover blemishes and hide the parts of their appearance they don’t like, some use it to feel more confident and put-together, and others just love the creative twist it ads to their style. Many women also think makeup makes them look more competent, and survey data from the New York Times seems to support that idea. We shared the Times article with our fans on Facebook and responses ranged from the opinion that “less is more,” to the idea that it makes you “look more polished and more confident.”
We’re all about natural beauty here at Clarisonic, so we tend to like wearing only enough makeup to enhance the features that are already there. Makeup can be fun and help you stand out, but it’s also important to know and be comfortable in your own skin, and realize that you are a beautiful individual with or without it.
Last May, two middle school girls from Phoenix, Arizona named Gabby Klein and Michaela Good issued a challenge called “Only You,” encouraging girls to show off their natural appearance for a day and go without any make-up. They were frustrated by the unattainable beauty standards set by Hollywood, the media, and photoshop-loving women’s magazines, and decided to try and encourage girls everywhere to embrace their own skin. So far they’ve received national news coverage and support from women and girls all over the country. In North Carolina, a UNC-Charlotte educator named Rosie Molinary is also encouraging her students to try going a day without makeup. “Our skin is neither perfect nor bad,” she says, “and showing it in its natural form can be refreshing.”
We couldn’t agree more, and we love the idea that more women are going without makeup or aiming for a simple, natural look. It’s all about letting your inner—and outer—glow shine through. The more you take care of your skin and let it breathe, the better you’ll feel about showing it to the world.
What are your thoughts? Could you live without makeup?
Have you ever been invited to a last minute client meeting on ponytail day, or forgot about happy hour with the girls with no time to freshen up? These can happen to anyone but they don’t have to stop you from looking and feeling your best. We’ve put together a list of the essential items every woman should have at her disposal in case of emergency. Remember, a great skin care regimen can’t be replaced by these, but these could help you in a pinch!
Q-tips: These are a life saver; use them with your hand lotion to remove any smudged makeup to keep you from having dreaded raccoon eyes.
Sewing kit: Button fall off or get a rip in your outfit? A sewing kit is a great way to make repairs on-the-go.
Double Sided tape: Not quite on the sewing bandwagon? Double-sided tape can also do the trick to fix rips or keep your clothes in place.
Stain remover: Don’t let a spill ruin your outfit; keep a travel stain remover on hand for those unfortunate mishaps.
Blotting tissues: Oily skin can make you look tired, give your skin a quick refresh by removing excess oil. Even if you don’t have your compact, your complexion will thank you and you will arrive fresh faced.
Hand lotion: The stresses of a busy day and the harsh soaps found in public bathrooms can wreak havoc on your skin. Enter hand lotion. You can also use a small drop to slick back unruly flyaways for a sleek, sophisticated ponytail.
Lip stain or gloss: Brighten up your lips and use a little extra on your cheeks to give your face a rosy glow.
What else would you add to your beauty survival kit?
Whether your face is made up for stage or you’re an everyday beauty, this video will tell you whether you should remove your makeup before using the Clarisonic.
Dr. Robb says it depends on how much makeup you use. If you are a professional, using stage makeup and you are in front of the cameras and your makeup is really thick and heavy, then yes, definitely remove some of it before using the Clarisonic; but for the average person, no problem.
While out and about, you might be faced with a beauty disaster that requires a quick fix. We’ve put together some solutions to common beauty mishaps that will help fix a disaster in no time.
Broken Bra Strap
If you aren’t prepared with safety pins, you can always tuck the strap into your cup or wrap it around the back of the bra to finish out the day or night.
Spill on Your Clothes
First off, do not rub the stain. Dip a napkin in water and lightly blot the stain. Use the wet part of the napkin and then the dry part underneath the fabric to soak it up. A Tide pen is always a good item to have on hand for these situations as well.
Sometimes you just don’t have the time to squeeze in a wash. Enter dry shampoo. This little life saver will make your locks look less oily and greasy. Another option is baby powder. Be sure to fully rub the powder in to avoid white roots.
Run in Your Tights
The best way to assure the snag does not get worse is to apply clear nail polish. Take care in wearing jewelry that won’t cause snags and keep your fingernails filed.
Your hair may have looked perfect leaving the house but now you are faced with flyaway strands all over the place. The quick fix is to put a dab of lotion on your hands and smooth it over the strands. If you constantly have this problem, carry a dryer sheet with you to smooth down the static.
Do you know any quick fixes for beauty disasters? We would love to hear them so we can always be prepared!