Skin endures a lot during the summer months – sunshine, pool water and dry air –it can be tough to keep it looking healthy. We’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you stay cool, feel cool and look cool in the summer heat.
- Sunscreen is ESSENTIAL on exposed and unexposed skin
- It’s also important to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water; this is especially important if you are physically active
- While you’re protecting yourself don’t forget to protect your lips with SPF lip balm
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm SPF 15 helps protect against sunburn and relieves chapped lips
- Wear lightweight and light colored clothing to protect your skin and stay cool in the heat
- Wear a hat with a large brim to shade your neck and face
- Finish off your look with a bright lipstick
- Check out Summer Skin Tips from Daniel Sandler for a complete summer skin look featuring bright lipstick colors and the Clarisonic
- A shade from MAC Cosmetics To the Beach line is perfect for summer
- Use a bold summer nail polish color
- Popular colors for summer include: bright pink, baby blue, light green, taupe and traditional pale pink.
- Try one of the fabulous shades from the OPI Summer Flutter collection.
- Simplify your makeup routine and stick to the basics
How do you beat the summer heat? We’d love to hear your tips and tricks – leave a comment!