We’ve all heard that certain foods can help delay signs of aging, especially green leafy vegetables that are packed with antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins.
Kale is not only an amazing ingredient for your general health, but also contributes to beautiful skin. It is an excellent source of calcium and Vitamins A, C, and K – all of which are essential for skin health.
Vitamins A and C help form collagen and keep your skin wrinkle free and firm, while Vitamin K works it’s magic to improve skin’s elasticity and get rid of those unwanted dark under-eye circles. Kale is also one of the richest sources of lutein and contains beta- carotene, which does wonders for skin elasticity and firmness. The antioxidants found in Kale help protect your skin from damage that free radicals can cause to our skin’s structure. So be sure to arm your body with these wrinkle-fighting, health-boosting machines.
Robust in flavor and full of health benefits, kale would make a great addition to practically any meal. This sturdy green is often steamed or sautéed and served as a side dish, but here are a few other ways to incorporate kale into your diet:
- Kale chips – You can easily make them yourself or find them at health food stores in a variety of flavors.
- Adding kale to your favorite recipes – Substituting kale in any recipes that are made with greens like spinach, collards, and chard and pair it with rice, noodles or potatoes.
- Raw kale salad – Raw kale can be used in place of lettuce in a salad of your choice, simply add your favorite veggies or fruits and toss with a dressing of your choice.
- Freshly Juiced – Kale juice may sound intimidating, but is delicious when paired with sweet fruits and vegetables like apples, oranges, and carrots.
- Simmered with soup – Try adding kale to any of your favorite soups. Because of its sturdy leaves, kale holds up better in soups than any other greens.
What is your favorite way to eat kale?
Photo by B*2