We love chatting skincare and beauty in our bi-weekly #SonicChat, a one-hour tweet chat that includes tips, special guests, and prizes!
- How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
- What are some of your favorite skin and body products to give and receive during the holidays?
- Do you have any special holiday looks planned? Fancy new dress, metallic eye shadow, pink Christmas tree?
- What are your favorite holiday traditions/plans?
- How are you giving back this holiday season?
- What does an ideal holiday party look like to you?
We pulled out some of our favorite tweets to share with you. They got us in the holiday spirit, and we hope they do the same for you:
With 154 participants, a twitter reach of over 11 million people, and trending nationwide, we were certainly busy!
We will be at it again on Tuesday, December 11th at 11am PDT. Join us!
Photo by Ellen Moran via GettyImages
The holidays are fast approaching which means it’s time to glimmer, shine, and shimmer. With the holiday party invitations already beginning to roll in, we’re sharing our picks for this holiday season’s hottest trends to ensure you look elegant and festive, party after party:
Tis’ the season to break out some sassy and playful holiday makeup – glittery lips, metallic eyes, and luminescent skin all send us into fits of twinkling delight this time of year. We love the smoky eye look for a party, and lining your eyes with a thin sweep of glitter shadow on the upper and lower rims of eye is sure to make your eyes twinkle.
Sweep hair up for a dose of instant drama and feminine flair for all your holiday festivities. An updo is a great way to accentuate your neckline and show off your favorite pair of sparkly earrings.
The perfect party dress
Glam it up for the holidays in a glittering sequin dress. This season is all about all things that sparkle, and this pick is sure to dazzle, thanks to its chic, swingy silhouette and the sequins adorning the bodice.
Make the most of your holidays with the season’s most festive accents. Accessories can help you complete the look at create the perfect ensemble for any event. So be sure to incorporate a lot of metallic tones and sparkle into your shoes, jewelry and other accessories.
What will you wear?
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Jennuine Captures
Dads are notoriously hard to shop for. Not necessarily because it’s hard to pin down their interests, but because they have a knack for responding to every request for a gift list with: “Oh I’m fine. I don’t need anything.” It’s a line that probably never fails to make you smile, but it sure doesn’t make gift giving any easier.
Since dad hardly ever buys himself anything (and he definitely doesn’t ask for it), think carefully about what he owns that could use refreshing or replacing. Find a way to shave a few minutes off his daily routine so he has more time for fun. Think about that thing he always used to do but hasn’t done in a while. Make it something he’ll use and enjoy, not just another tie.
Here are our suggestions for gifts your dad is sure to love. If you enjoyed our 7 Simple Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, you’ll definitely like these too.
- Kitchen tools—whether he’s an everyday chef or a master griller, he’s sure to appreciate a new set of pots and pans or quality knives. If he likes to experiment in the kitchen, go with something more fun and creative, like a pasta-maker or a cheese-making kit.
- A Graphite Gray Clarisonic Cleansing System –for cleaner skin and a cleaner shave. Our Graphite Gray Classic was developed with men in mind and comes with our Normal Brush Head, which has shorter bristles that work well on men’s tougher, oilier skin. It’s a great way to prep for shaving and will make sure he gets a closer and more comfortable shave. If you’re planning to get one for your dad for Father’s Day, order it before June 11th and we’ll send a complimentary Deep Pore Brush Head along with it!
- A day at the ballpark –spend an afternoon cheering his favorite team on with him in the stands. When’s the last time you had a ballpark hotdog anyway?
- Time outdoors —if your dad is the outdoorsy type, get outside and go on a hike with him. Or take a look at his camping gear and see if anything could use a replacement. That tent he bought ten years ago won’t last forever.
- Magazine subscriptions—there’s a magazine for every interest—whether it’s photography, fly fishing, or travel—so sign him up for one and help him take his hobbies to the next level.
What other useful gift ideas have you thought of? Do you or any men you know already use the Classic Cleansing System? Leave a comment to tell us about it!
Image by Roberto Ventre on Flickr
She kissed your owies when you were a child and dried your tears when your heart broke for the first time. She told you how smart and beautiful you were when you felt the opposite, and encouraged you to go after all of your passions—whether you wanted to be a ballet dancer or a doctor. No one knows you better than your mom, and you wouldn’t be the person you are today without her.
After all these years it’s still a challenge to think of the perfect gift for her, but when it comes to showing your appreciation, it really is the thought that counts. Here are a few simple Mother’s Day gift ideas to help you do just that:
- Fresh flowers are the classic Mother’s Day gift. Make your bouquet unique by hand selecting each flower yourself. Choosing the colors, scents, and varieties she likes best will make this traditional gift even more thoughtful.
- Who doesn’t love a day at the spa? Treat mom to a hot stone massage, a mani-pedi, or a facial—many specialty spas actually include a Clarisonic cleansing as part of their treatment now.
- Give her a brand new Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum, so she can have the spa treatment at home whenever she wants. She’ll feel refreshed and energized with skin that looks brighter, younger, and more beautiful than ever.
- Spend an afternoon together. One of the best gifts you can give a loved one is your time, so take mom wine tasting at a local vineyard or offer to help her out in the garden for a few hours.
- What’s the one thing your mom has always wanted to learn to do, but never found time for? Making pottery? Figuring out what it takes to bake a soufflé? Find a local class where she can do just that. If she’s nervous, offer to take the class with her!
- Potted indoor plants are a lovely, longer-lasting alternative to fresh flowers. If your mom likes to cook, pick out a few potted herbs (rosemary and basil are great options) to put on her kitchen windowsill. If not, try a succulent or two. They come in all kinds of charming varieties and are easy to take care of.
- Find an old photo of the two of you and put it in a nice frame. Set it by her bed when she isn’t looking so she’ll be surprised to find it in the morning. Who wouldn’t love to wake up to that?
What other great Mother’s Day gift ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!
Give yourself and a friend the gift of beautiful skin!
We need our Sonic fans to help us spread the Sonic Cheer this holiday season! Over the past two years, we loved your Clarisonic jingles. This year, the Clarisonic Elf is back with more Sonic Gifts!
From Mia the Clarisonic to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, to Cleansing All The Way to the tune of Jingle Bells, the Clarisonic Elf is so excited to see what amazing sonic jingles you will come up with this year.
Our Clarisonic Elves in the workshop need lots of new jingles so we plan to have multiple winners per week depending on the number of jingles and creativity. Hint, Hint: The more music, the more products the Clarisonic Elves make to giveaway. Each winner will receive a Clarisonic of his/her choice and one to gift to a friend- ‘tis the season for giving!
The contest starts November 29, 2011 and ends at 11:59pm PST December 24, 2011. You can enter your sonic jingle in the comments on Sonic Chatter, Facebook, and Twitter. Be sure to include #SonicJingle if you are entering on Twitter and just another hint, the Clarisonic Elf loves videos!
Remember to tell your friends and family so they can enter too and increase your chances of winning! Winners will be announced on our blog, Facebook page and on Twitter each Monday. Good luck and have a Happy #SonicHoliday this year!
Check out an excerpt from one of our favorites from last year:
Dashing through my skin
in pink, blue, white and gray
o’er my pores we go
cleansing all the way
after a minute it rings
…Making my skin so bright
What fun it is to cleanse and sing my
Clarisonic song tonight
With the holidays comes the availability of gift sets for a limited time. We know our fans love to take advantage of our holiday gift sets this time of year and we also love to indulge in all the great combinations of our favorite beauty products. Here are few that caught our eye this year:
Use the combination of Midnight Blue, Silvers and White to create smokey eyes to pair with that holiday or New Year’s Eve outfit this season.
With 18 colors to choose from, this set will surely last you through the seasons.
Whether it’s the Gingerbread, Peppermint Bark or Candy Cane Scent, these sets will put you in the holiday mood.
We know these are just a few of the many wonderful gift sets available this holiday season so we would love to hear what sets are your favorite! Share with us in the comments!
December brings festive warm spiked drinks (pass the ‘nog!), family gatherings, your reacquaintance with goose down and of course, the annual mad rush to buy gifts for everyone on your ever-growing list. And is there any better gift than those of the beauty variety? I love them because few recipients would shun a grooming gift. Plus? They manage to seem incredibly personal, though they work for even your most vague associate. Here, my best beauty present recommendations:
The Clarisonic Mia
($149 at clarisonic.com)
These adorable multi-colored skin care saviors are perfectly portable and provide a great introduction to the wonder that is the Clarisonic experience. I like to think of it as The Gateway Clarisonic. I don’t leave town without mine. I simply tote it along with a decanted version of my face wash and scrub. One of these will set you back $149, compared to the Clarisonic Classic’s more robust $195 price tag.
Patyka Refreshing Spearmint Body Wash
($45 at newlondonpharmacy.com)
I love mint in all its various forms. I recently fell so deeply in love with a pack of Carefree Extra gum (Dessert Delights, Mint Chocolate Chip flavor) that I am going to dedicate a full blog post to it. But I find that in the beauty space, spearmint gets precious little press and I’m here to remedy that situation right now. Patyka’s newly revamped scented shower gel evokes the crisp vibe of a fresh sprig of mint but manages to impart just a subtle fragrance post-shower.
Josie Maran Love Nest Josie’s Argan Favorites
($25, exclusive to Sephora)
This is the best deal in the GALaxy. I adore Josie Maran’s natural makeup items and this limited-edition set includes everything you need to look flawlessly beautiful. The set contains an Argan Color Stick in Petal Pink (the perfect shade—it flatters my skin tone utterly), Gogo Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara (won’t dry out brittle lashes), Argan Illuminizer (a makeup bag MVP—it highlights and can be used instead of shadow in a pinch) and 100% Argan Oil (use it to hydrate your face, your split ends, your cuticles—everything!). If a better deal exists, I sure as heckfire don’t know about it.
Amber Katz is a freelance writer and the founder of Beauty Blogging Junkie, a hilarious pop-culture infused beauty blog that covers everything from eye shadow to hairspray to butt slimmers. Beauty Blogging Junkie has been featured in Women’s Wear Daily‘s list of the top ten beauty blogs. Amber has written for instyle.com, MTV.com’s Buzzworthy blog, Philips’ skin care website Crystalize, New York Press and Girlfriend Getaways
We had so many great jingle submissions for this year’s Sonic Holiday promotion that we thought we would bring some of the jingles to life. As a thank you to our fans and the jingle creators, Clarisonic employees sang eight pre-selected jingles and the videos are on our Clarsionic YouTube channel. With the jingles brought to life, we want to spread the Sonic Holiday cheer by seeing which jingle video can get the most views before the New Year. In the spirit of giving, the original jingle creator with the most viewed jingle will win a grand prize of Clarisonic products!
The competition starts today and ends at 11:59PM PST Friday December 31st, 2010.:
- Clarisonic Opal™ Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum
- Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Skin Cleansing System
- Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System
- Replacement Brush Head Subscription for a Year
- Dr. ROBB™ Renewal Serum
1st Runner Up:
- Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Skin Cleansing System
- Clarisonic Opal™ Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum
2nd Runner Up:
- Clarisonic Mia SKIN CARE Pair in colors of your choice
The Clarisonic Elf can’t get enough of these jingles sang to the tunes of Jingle Bells, Santa Baby, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and many more. You won’t want to miss out on these festive songs to finish up your holiday season so go on over to our Clarisonic YouTube channel and watch your favorite jingle. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends because the jingle video with the most views will be the grand prize winner!
Check out all the Clarisonic Jingle Videos: