You might have noticed the increasing number of options for Greek yogurt in grocery store; and there’s a reason for it: People are discovering the added benefits of this particular style of yogurt. Greek yogurt is similar to regular yogurt in that they are both high in calcium and are made by fermenting milk with live bacteria cultures. However, Greek yogurt is strained to remove liquid whey which also results in removing the lactose. The result is a thicker, more protein-rich yogurt with less sugar.
Making the switch from regular, fruit-flavored yogurt to a plain Greek yogurt might be a little difficult. The yogurt can have a little more tang and to get yourself accustomed to it, you may need to mix it with fruit, honey or nuts. This style of yogurt is also great paired with a curry or lamb dish as a tzatziki dip and with its thicker consistency, could be a great base for a dessert.
With more protein, less sugar and more versatility, switching to Greek yogurt could be a healthy move this year.
Healthy skin is the Clarisonic way – but we are also about total body health. Eating healthy foods can keep your skin and overall body in tiptop shape. Which foods should you eat and which should you avoid? Courtesy of Shape Magazine, we bring you 15 Healthy Foods to Have in Your Kitchen at All Times.
By incorporating these foods into your diet (and keeping them there), you will be on your way to a healthier diet. We’ve highlighted foods on this list that can boost skin health as well as your overall health, courtesy of WedMd.
- Wild Salmon
- Egg Whites
- This Egg White Omelette from Paula Deen is a great way to prepare egg whites in a fun and creative way that even incorporates tomatoes and other foods from the list!
- Low fat dairy products – skin friendly alternative
- Leafy Greens
- Skin healthy (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and plums)
- Black Beans
- A nice addition to any summer meal – try this Garlic Grilled Tomato recipe as a healthy compliment to your next BBQ
- Orange Juice
- Sweet Potatoes
- Wheat Germ
- While eating wheat germ by itself doesn’t sound appetizing this recipe for homemade granola is a great way to incorporate this healthy choice into your every day diet. Serve the homemade granola up with yogurt for the ultimate health breakfast or snack.
- Skin friendly (whole-wheat bread, muffins, and cereals; turkey tuna and brazil nuts)
- Hot Peppers –
- Try adding an extra star to your next Thai food order because chiles are packed with Vitamin C and can help reduce pain. Try adding a few to your favorite salsa for added flavor and health.
The most important thing to incorporate into your diet for optimal mind, body and skin health is WATER – without it your body can’t perform at optimal levels.
Got a great healthy skin or healthy body food suggestion that didn’t make the list? Share with us and we will be sure to add it. Take care of you skin and yourself !