Crisp air, falling leaves, cozy throws, and pumpkin treats – fall is a magical time of year!
Unfortunately, it’s also the time of year when the days start getting shorter and we lose an extra hour of daylight when the clocks get turned back.
This lack of sunshine can cause havoc on our moods and energy levels, so to prepare you for the shorter days ahead we wanted to provide you with a few tips for staying cheerful and energized:
- Vitamin D – The sun is the best source of Vitamin D, which our body needs to function properly, so with shorter days comes less vitamin D – potentially causing depression, fatigue, muscle weakness, and more. Consider supplements, and be sure to incorporate fish, eggs, milk, shitake and button mushrooms into your diet.
- Happy light – Improve your mood, energy and concentration with a sunshine supplement light system, which prompts your body’s natural energy enhancers to combat the effects of seasonal changes by helping the body recalibrate and stabilize.
- Sleep schedule – Try adjusting your sleep schedule to get the most sunlight possible out of your day. By going to bed and waking up earlier, you will still get the beauty sleep you need while catching some extra daylight. Tough, yes, but definitely worth it!
- Cozy up in front of a fire – Fire has a unique ability to relax us and calm the mind, so why not kill two birds with one stone by cozying up in a nice cashmere throw in front of a fire as it warms your home.
- Surround yourself with light – While we’re usually not supporters of wasting energy, we’re willing to make an exception in the fall. Pick a room or two in your home where you spend the most time and make sure it’s thoroughly lit to make ensure your home is as cheery as can be during these gloomy days.
- Exercise - It’s no secret that exercise lifts mood, increases energy and elevates your metabolism. Even 10 to 15 minutes of exercise per day can do wonders for your mood, and if you do it outdoors in the sunshine, you will get double the benefits. So aim to get outdoors each day, even if it’s just for a short walk.
Do you have trouble staying awake and energized during this time of the year? Tell us how you keep the blues away!
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by kelsey_lovefusionphoto
Fall is in the air! Along with the crisp mornings and turning leaves, you may also have noticed your skin feeling a little dull and dry after a summer spent in the sun. Your skincare routine needs to change with the seasons, which means it’s time for an update!
Make a stylish transition from summer to fall with our new Limited Edition Mia 2 colors – Peacock, Bordeaux, and Emerald. These new colors represent everything we love about fall and will be sure to add a little spice to your beauty routine.
Make sure you are ready to take on the cooler weather by following these skincare tips for fall:
- Exfoliating – Exfoliating is the first step to beautiful fall skin. Regular exfoliation speeds up the cell turnover process, giving you a fresh and radiant glow, as well as a smoother and younger appearance.
- Moisturizing - As humidity levels drop, your skin craves moisture as it isn’t able to absorb as much from the air. Use a slightly thicker moisturizer than what you were using in the summer to account for the difference.
- Sun Protection – Even though your beach-bumming days may be over for now, you shouldn’t stop protecting your skin from the sun. Be sure to keep applying sunscreen whenever you will be outside.
- Lip Protection – During the fall and winter seasons, lips are subjected to cooler temperatures and harsher winds, which can lead to chapping and peeling. The best way to moisturize and protect the lips is to apply chapstick or lip balm at least once a day – preferably with some SPF.
- Hydrate – If your skin is not getting enough water, it tends to become dry, tight, and flaky. Maintain your skin’s moisture and elasticity by hydrating it from within – drinking plenty of water.
Well, there you have it – everything you need to know to update your skincare routine for fall! Now get out there and enjoy the blazing autumn colors.
“To everything there is a season” and summer is winding down giving way to the changing of leaves and the beauty of fall. The pastel colors and bright hues of summer give way to subtle hues and dark colors. We’ve tracked down the top beauty trends for the new season and share them with you here so you can look your best as the seasons change.
According to Allure Magazine, these are the hair and makeup looks you need to know for Fall:
1. Crazy Shadow
2. Hot Buns
3. Dark Eyes
4. Rough Waves
Messy ponytails, defined brows, hair décor, rosy cheeks and pale lips finish out the top ten list from Allure Magazine. Whether you are going out for a night out on the town, heading to work or staying in for a casual night, these looks are versatile and simple. They are sure to leave everyone looking sonerificially fabulous this fall!
Which would you pick as your fave beauty look for fall? Share with us!