We asked for your skincare concerns and you answered! In the last month you have been weighing in on your most important skin care concerns through our online Skin Care Quiz. There is no doubt we are all striving for perfect skin so we asked, “If your skin could make a wish, what would it be?” Over 14,000 people (or 21% of the men and women taking the Clarisonic Skin Quiz) are looking for ways to “Shrink my pores so my skin is softer and smoother.”
With so many Clarisonic users interested in minimizing the appearance of their pores, we thought we would look deeper into the question, how do you minimize the appearance of enlarged or clogged pores?
Let’s start by gaining an understanding of what pores are and their purpose. Bottom line, we need our pores. These tiny little openings allow oil and sweat to reach your skin’s surface. The good news is, while we cannot completely eliminate our pores we can make them appear smaller!
A simple Google search on this topic populates several products and regiments claiming to shrink and even eliminate your pores. In reality, the best way to reduce the appearance of pores is to keep your skin clean!
Why is clean skin so important?
Day and night, our skin is subject to oil, perspiration, dirt, and makeup. These combine to make a sticky, stubborn pore-clogging layer that can make our skin look unhealthy, feel rough and even cause irritation. This layer of film also acts as a barrier to skincare products resulting in reduced effectiveness. Cleansing your skin at least once or twice a day helps to dislodge any unwanted dirt, sweat, oil or makeup. Your pores will now be free of dirt and grime making your skin softer, smoother and allowing skincare products to absorb more deeply and evenly.
We are happy to lend a hand in the fight against enlarged and clogged pores. The first question our founders asked when developing the Clarisonic was “how do you unplug a pore?” and from that it evolved to “how do you transform the look and feel of your skin?”
How do Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Devices unplug a pore?
Clarisonic’s patented, perfected and loved Sonic Technology gently oscillates back and forth to physically flex the pores, loosening trapped debris and reducing pore appearance. Additionally, excess oily patches and shine are removed for a supersonic deep clean without irritation. Every Clarisonic facial cleansing device cleanses skin 6x better than hands alone to leave skin softer and smoother.
To take pore minimizing to the next level—check out our — Deep Pore Cleansing Detoxifying Solution, which combines a Clarisonic Mia 2 facial cleansing device with our Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head, Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and Deep Pore Detoxifying Clay Mask. Our Deep Pore solution uses our traditional sonic cleansing technology with additional powerful fluid forces to gently remove surface debris and immediately reduce the appearance of your pores by 25%.
If enlarged pores are not your main skin care concern, take our skin care quiz today to find out which Clarisonic products are best for you.
“We invented Clarisonic so you can reinvent your skin.” Dr. Robb Akridge, Co-Founder of Clarisonic
We offer a variety of brush heads for the face: delicate, sensitive, normal, deep pore, and the super soft acne brush.
To make choosing between them a little easier, we’ve put together some information regarding different skin types and their brush head matches. They are sure to give you a glowing complexion!
- Normal skin – If your skin has an even tone and texture, and is naturally moisturized without looking too dry or oily, you were blessed with normal skin type. Normal skin is the least problematic type and is characterized by small pores. This type is best paired with our normal brush head.
- Dry skin – Dry skin can feel tight and itchy, as well as show some visible flaking. It is often delicate, easily irritated, and has a matte appearance. We recommend that you start with the sensitive brush head. If you also have rosacea or acne, try either the delicate or acne brush heads.
- Oily skin – Oily skin has a shiny appearance and is usually thicker, firmer, and less sensitive than the other skin types. Individuals with this skin type have enlarged pores and are more susceptible to recurring clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes. But not to worry, our deep pore brush head is ideal for cleansing oily skin, large pores or hard to reach areas of the face, such as around the nose.
- Combination skin – Combination skin is a blend of both oily and dry skin. If you have combination skin, you’ll find that the oils are mostly concentrated on the T-zone, while the cheeks remain dry. This skin type varies quite a bit – so to determine which brush head is right for you, give our acne brush head a try. Extra-plush bristle gradation helps to provide ultra-gentle cleansing for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Sensitive skin – This skin type tends to be very dry, itchy, feel tight, and can easily become inflamed or irritated by external influences. Sensitive skin can be dry, normal, or oily and is characterized by delicacy. We think our ultra-gentle delicate brush head will be perfect for your sensitive skin!
Does the brush head you’re currently using match your skin type?