In order to make sure that our fans have all the necessary information on how to properly charge their Clarisonic, we compiled a list of customer questions along with their answers:
How do I know when the Clarisonic needs to be recharged?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: When the charge is low, the brush handle will beep immediately following the brushing cycle to alert you to place it in the cradle for charging.
Opal: When the system battery needs to be charged, the LED flashes and the Infuser pulses progressively from 1 to 5 times after the run cycle, beginning when the unit has 5 minutes of charge remaining (1 pulse), and again at the end of each use until the battery requires additional charge for continued use (5 pulses).
How long does a full battery charge last? How long does it take to charge?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: Allow 18 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 20 minutes of use, which is approximately 20 days when used once daily.
Opal: Allow 24 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 45 minutes of use, which is approximately 45 days when used once a day around each eye or 21 days when used twice a day.
Refer to the comparison chart for a detailed description of charging intervals.
How do I change the battery on my Clarisonic?
The battery cannot be changed on any of our units. The life span of the units ranges from at least 2 years to up to 5 or more. If your Clarisonic device is not holding charge, try plugging it into a different outlet to reset the unit. Be sure to contact customer service to check whether your device is still covered under warranty.
Can the chargers for various Clarisonic models be used interchangeably?
Will the Mia charger work with international power?
Yes, the pLink charger included with the Mia is compatible with 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz. This allows it to be used worldwide with the appropriate country adapter.
The guide tells you to charge for 24 hours before use. What happens if it becomes disconnected after only a few hours? Will it still hold a charge?
Yes, just recharge it until the lights are solid green.
Where can I purchase a replacement charger for my Clarisonic?
You can call our customer service at 888-525-2747 to help purchase a new charger for your Clarisonic device.
Where is the LED light and how can you tell if the Clarisonic is fully charged?
The LED light is located on the back of the handle in the center of the brush. It will be flashing continuously until it is charged at which point it will become a solid light.
My Clarisonic Mia feels very warm for the first 10-15 seconds. Is that normal?
Yes, the Clarisonic does heat up when on the charger. It will feel warm to the touch but should not be uncomfortable.
Should I keep my Clarisonic on the charging cradle after each use or only charge it when it loses its charge?
We recommend always keeping your Clarisonic device on the charger when it’s not in use.
I recently have had problems with my Clarisonic starting and stopping on its own.
Sounds like some of the Clarisonic technology is malfunctioning. As with most electrical gadgets, a technical failure can be possible. Therefore, we are standing by to get your issue resolved and your system back up and running. We offer warranties on the systems in the event that something might happen, take a look at our blog post on what to do When Your Clarisonic Stops Working.
We’ve been blown away by our fans’ support.
We love hearing how the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System has improved your skin – after all, our goal is to make the world a more beautiful place, one face at a time!
- Patches of dry skin are minimized, or disappear
- Pores are thoroughly cleansed, making them appear smaller
- Refreshed and hydrated skin that’s more receptive to product penetration
- Reduced appearance of fine lines, blackheads, blemishes, dullness, and puffiness
- Improvement in the texture and appearance of skin tone
“I’m so thrilled with this product.. The Mia 2 with acne cleanser is absolutely amazing!! My face after 2 days!! YES! 2 days is looking much smoother, less oily and acne is smaller is size! My face isn’t irritated and I don’t feel like scratching all the time!! I’m SO pleased and happy that something is working after all the years of having to deal with my facial acne.” -Carlene Alix
We greatly appreciate the feedback our customers provide us, and wanted to share this great Before & After story from a Clarisonic user. As you can see in the images below, after only 7 days of using Clarisonic, Amanda Trudy Blyskal showed significant improvements in skin tone and texture.
Here are some more great Before & After shots:
Sonic cleansing is the natural way to thoroughly cleanse all skin types. And unlike skin treatments that use harsh chemicals or rely on friction to remove impurities, the sonic micro-massage motion is effective, yet gentle enough to use twice a day – even on sensitive skin. This effortless action removes six times more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone.
Share your story on our Facebook Reviews Tab – who knows, maybe it will make it on to our next Before & After post!
Image by Lady Por Menos – Moroccanoil e Clarisonic and Amanda Trudy Blyskal
Fall’s deep and rich color palette is no match for beach bleached and sun scorched hair. So now that the summer is officially over, it’s time to pay some extra attention to your hair.
With all this hot weather and fun summer activities, chances are you spent more time outdoors this summer than you do during the rest of the year, therefore exposing your hair to sun, sand, salt, and chlorine – all of which can wreak havoc on the color and texture of your hair.
Make your hair healthy, shiny, and smooth with these tips for post summer hair repair:
- Trim split ends – Getting a mini hair trim doesn’t have to sacrifice length, remove a bit of hair from the ends to snip the split ends in the bud.
- Replace lost moisture – Moisturize your dehydrated hair by applying an intense hydrating hair mask, such as Moroccan Oil, on a weekly basis.
- Apply straightening cream – If you hair feels frizzier than usual, try swapping your regular hair styling products for a straightening cream, which is designed specifically to make your hair look smoother.
- Detangle your hair using a wide-tooth comb – Start brushing at your ends and work up to your roots to minimize tangles. The hair straightening cream should help detangle your hair, making brushing a breeze.
- Take cold water showers – Hot water dries skin and hair, adding to that summer hair crunch. Thirty seconds under cold running water will help seal the cuticles on the hair shaft, trapping moisture in the hair and creating that beautiful hair shine.
- Protect from future damage – Try applying Grapeseed Oil to you hair whenever heading out into the sun this fall. It is capable of protecting the hair from temperatures up to 450 degrees, making sure you can start getting your hair back to normal as soon as possible.
- Nourish your hair with a homemade avocado mask – Just mash an avocado and put it on your hair for five to seven minutes. Be sure to thoroughly rinse off the mask once it had enough time to soak in all the nutrients.
Look your best this season with glowing skin and healthy hair. Follow these tips to revive the ravages of summer and your hair will be an expression of the depth and richness of fall.
Photo by The Devil Saint
Fall is in the air! Along with the crisp mornings and turning leaves, you may also have noticed your skin feeling a little dull and dry after a summer spent in the sun. Your skincare routine needs to change with the seasons, which means it’s time for an update!
Make a stylish transition from summer to fall with our new Limited Edition Mia 2 colors – Peacock, Bordeaux, and Emerald. These new colors represent everything we love about fall and will be sure to add a little spice to your beauty routine.
Make sure you are ready to take on the cooler weather by following these skincare tips for fall:
- Exfoliating – Exfoliating is the first step to beautiful fall skin. Regular exfoliation speeds up the cell turnover process, giving you a fresh and radiant glow, as well as a smoother and younger appearance.
- Moisturizing - As humidity levels drop, your skin craves moisture as it isn’t able to absorb as much from the air. Use a slightly thicker moisturizer than what you were using in the summer to account for the difference.
- Sun Protection – Even though your beach-bumming days may be over for now, you shouldn’t stop protecting your skin from the sun. Be sure to keep applying sunscreen whenever you will be outside.
- Lip Protection – During the fall and winter seasons, lips are subjected to cooler temperatures and harsher winds, which can lead to chapping and peeling. The best way to moisturize and protect the lips is to apply chapstick or lip balm at least once a day – preferably with some SPF.
- Hydrate – If your skin is not getting enough water, it tends to become dry, tight, and flaky. Maintain your skin’s moisture and elasticity by hydrating it from within – drinking plenty of water.
Well, there you have it – everything you need to know to update your skincare routine for fall! Now get out there and enjoy the blazing autumn colors.
We love color at Clarisonic! In addition to being visually appealing, color has the ability to affect your mood and your response to color can help you understand your personality better. Surround yourself with the right colors to play up your moods, personality, and goals. We want you to start and end your day right, so we offer our cleansing brushes in a variety of colors.
Here is some insight into what your favorite color may say about you:
Garnet is the color of strength, health, and vitality and is often chosen by outgoing, vigorous, yet impulsive individuals with a zest for life. If your favorite color is red, you are optimistic and action oriented, with a deep need for physical fulfillment and to experience life through all five senses. If you are looking for a pick-me-up, this is the color for you!
Mango is the color of strength, youth, curiosity and restlessness. If you prefer the color orange, you love to socialize and urge to be accepted by others. You enjoy the challenges life provides, and create them if there aren’t any.
Yellow shines full of optimism, happiness, creativity, and wisdom. Choosing yellow as your favorite color means you are a clever and precise thinker who has a good grasp of your potential and aren’t afraid to reach it. You have a need for order in your life, yet crave freedom of thought and action.
Kelly Green is considered the color of peace and serenity. If green is your favorite color, you are a down-to-earth individual with a love of nature and are kind, generous, compassionate, and sociable. This is a good color for a crisis situation as it calms the mind.
Blue is soothing, caring, patient, dependable and compassionate. If blue is your favorite color, you have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life, appear to be confident and self-controlled, but may be hiding your vulnerable side. If you are experiencing anxiety, surround yourself with blue as it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce calming chemicals that will put your mind at ease.
Lavender is a free spirit, unconventional, generous, and witty. If purple or violet is your favorite color, you are compassionate, sensitive, supportive, and always thinking of others before yourself. On the other hand, individuals choosing this color may dislike responsibility and have difficulty dealing with real day-to-day problems.
Pink lovers are the nurturers of the world and love to give all they can, expecting the same in return. This color embodies a deep need to be accepted and loved unconditionally by those surrounding them. Individuals preferring pink tend to desire special treatment, protection and a sheltered life. Having this as your favorite color means you are loving, kind, and generous person – ultimately making for a great caregiver.
Carbon Fiber is independent, conservative, and serious. Having black as your favorite color means that prestige and power are important to you. You may appear intimidating to even your closest friends and colleagues, even if you are not trying to come off that way. You may be too serious for your own good, so consider bringing a little color into your life.
White is known for its simplicity and purity. If white is your preferred color, your deepest need is to be independent and self-reliant, as you aim for perfection in everything you do. You always think carefully before acting and are rarely prone to impulsive behavior, which typically yields impeccable results.
Gray is composed, reliable, practical and calm. With gray as your favorite color, you are neutral about life and prefer a safe, secure and balanced existence without much anxiety or excitement. You tend to compromise and conform to the rest of the group to keep the peace, even if it means losing your opinion in the midst.
Can’t decide between the colors? Try this survey to reveal your color personality! Tell us: would you pick a Clarisonic based on how the color might affect you, or do you prefer to just get your favorite color?
Feeling inspired by the Olympic athletes? Don’t forget that they need to match their skincare routine to their training routine. We’ll share their easy to follow skincare tips to give your skin the same boost on the outside as working out gives it from the inside.
- Lip Balm – Keep lips moisturized throughout your work out to prevent chapping.
- Sunscreen – When exposed in the sun, athletes should be protecting their skin from the damaging rays of the sun by using lotions with an SPF of at least 30.
- Moisturizing – Keep your skin properly hydrated by moisturizing your skin whenever possible to keep the sweat and other elements from causing your skin to become tight and dry.
- Drinking Water – Staying hydrated is particularly important during exercise. Adequate fluid intake is essential to comfort, performance and safety. Take a look at our post on The Importance of Water for Your Skin and Health.
- Change Clothes - Be sure to change out of your sweaty clothes as soon as you finish your workout as they can be a magnet for germs and trapping dirt.
- Cleansing – Let your pores breathe by washing off sweat from your body shortly after your workout. This step will keep dirt, oil, toxins, and bacteria and other surface debris from collecting in your pores, causing breakouts.
Olympic beach volleyball champions Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor chose the Clarisonic face brush to help keep them looking great during competition by cleansing their skin from sweat and sunscreen covering their bodies after practice and tournaments. Another Olympian, Natasha Hastings, an American sprint runner, also uses the Clarisonic system to make sure she looks her best at the track.
With the right skincare regimen, your skin can stay healthy and happy, allowing you to stay at the top of your game.
What is your post-workout beauty routine?
Photo by Allure Daily Beauty Reporter
You told us what features you want and we listened!
Introducing our newest Sonic Cleansing Brush, the Aria! It’s packed with tons of great new features:
First feature – Customizable. Our new brush offers 3 speeds in a user friendly handle. This is great for selecting just the right amount of cleaning for your skin.
Second feature - Travel Friendly. USB-enabled pLink charger plugs into your computer so it’s perfect no matter where you travel.
Third feature – Convenient. The all new drying stand can be used the in shower or as a charging station when partnered with the pLink.
Fourth feature – Informative. Always know how many used you have left with the color changing battery life indicator.
Fifth feature - Adjustable. The T-Timer can be adjusted for a 1 or 2 minute guided cleanse.
Sixth Feature - Innovative new functionality in a sleek new design.
Allure Magazine awarded Clarisonic Aria with their Best of Beauty Award in the “Top Splurges” category. “This oscillating brush leaves skin extravagantly soft – and ready to lap up anti-agers.”
Summer is the season when we dare to go bare! Swimsuits, summer dresses, and tanks all have one thing in common – an exposed back. So how do you make sure the skin you’re showing off is at its best? We’ve got a few beauty tips that will ensure that this summer you’ll be sporting healthy, radiant, and sun-kissed skin.
Cleansing If you are worried about body acne, there are a few ways to help get rid of it. The Clarisonic PLUS with a Body Brush Extension Handle makes it easy to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas. If you have long hair, make sure to keep it clean and off your back to prevent additional dirt and oil from clogging your pores.
Tanning While summer is the best time for showing off your skin, it also comes with a risk of sunburns and UV ray exposure. Protect your body from the damaging effects of the sun by slathering your skin with sunscreen that’s at least SPF 15. Remember, using sunscreen doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on a sun-kissed summer glow. A self-tanner, used properly, gives you soft and evenly bronzed skin.
Moisturizing Hot summer air tends to dry out skin and reduce its natural glow. Even though your back needs just as much moisture as the rest of your body, it is often overlooked. Keep your skin supple, healthy, and younger looking this summer by moisturizing your back after cleansing or before heading off to bed. And to make sure that all eyes are on you when you hit the beach, try adding a subtle shimmer to your skin with a sparkling lotion.
Exercising Well-toned back muscles not only look stunning in a low-back dress but also make you look slimmer without losing an ounce. If you would like to get a smooth, toned back, try exercises that specifically target the muscles of the back like the Pullup, Pushup-Position Row, Superwoman and Lat Pulldown. Make sure to incorporate all back muscles into your workout routine, including lats, upper back and lower back, instead of just focusing on trouble areas. Don’t forget to wash up right after working out to minimize breakouts.
Looking for more inspiration to show your back in its best light? Be sure to check out our new Bringing Sexy Back Pinterest board featuring fashion, beauty products, exercises, and tips for highlighting your back’s best features.