She kissed your owies when you were a child and dried your tears when your heart broke for the first time. She told you how smart and beautiful you were when you felt the opposite, and encouraged you to go after all of your passions—whether you wanted to be a ballet dancer or a doctor. No one knows you better than your mom, and you wouldn’t be the person you are today without her.
After all these years it’s still a challenge to think of the perfect gift for her, but when it comes to showing your appreciation, it really is the thought that counts. Here are a few simple Mother’s Day gift ideas to help you do just that:
- Fresh flowers are the classic Mother’s Day gift. Make your bouquet unique by hand selecting each flower yourself. Choosing the colors, scents, and varieties she likes best will make this traditional gift even more thoughtful.
- Who doesn’t love a day at the spa? Treat mom to a hot stone massage, a mani-pedi, or a facial—many specialty spas actually include a Clarisonic cleansing as part of their treatment now.
- Give her a brand new Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum, so she can have the spa treatment at home whenever she wants. She’ll feel refreshed and energized with skin that looks brighter, younger, and more beautiful than ever.
- Spend an afternoon together. One of the best gifts you can give a loved one is your time, so take mom wine tasting at a local vineyard or offer to help her out in the garden for a few hours.
- What’s the one thing your mom has always wanted to learn to do, but never found time for? Making pottery? Figuring out what it takes to bake a soufflé? Find a local class where she can do just that. If she’s nervous, offer to take the class with her!
- Potted indoor plants are a lovely, longer-lasting alternative to fresh flowers. If your mom likes to cook, pick out a few potted herbs (rosemary and basil are great options) to put on her kitchen windowsill. If not, try a succulent or two. They come in all kinds of charming varieties and are easy to take care of.
- Find an old photo of the two of you and put it in a nice frame. Set it by her bed when she isn’t looking so she’ll be surprised to find it in the morning. Who wouldn’t love to wake up to that?
What other great Mother’s Day gift ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!
Men have been shaving for hundreds of years and are still looking for ways to get a closer shave. Dr. Robb discusses whether men get a closer shave by prepping with the Clarisonic in this video.
Dr. Robb says, an ingrown hair is a medical condition and Clarisonic does not make any claims to cure or treat medical conditions. Ingrown hairs have a great name, Pseudofolliculitis barbae. What this means is men with Mediterranean and African decent with curly hairs and they grow back or get caught underneath. The Clarisonic is great because it helps to lift hairs off the surface of the skin, and that is why you will get a better shave. We actually did a study with 55 men that said they got a closer shave they felt; because the Clarisonic helped prep the skin before they shaved.
Nearly 85 percent of all people have acne at some point in their lives, most often on their face, chest, and back. Dr. Robb tells us if it is okay to use your Clarisonic on acne compromised skin.
Dr. Robb says, a lot of people think that if I cleanse my skin, cleansing helps out and if I cleanse more it will help my skin more. Your skin talks to you and will let you know if you are using the Clarisonic on the wrong speed. It’s not going to hurt you; it just feels a little bit different if you are having a breakout. The main thing is, you don’t want to use anything if you have broken skin that has open lesions, please be careful of that. If you are really concerned and you don’t know, ask your skin care professional.
We all know that the Opal is the palm-sized anti-aging secret weapon of many women, but what is the right age to start using one? Dr. Robb answers, is the Opal safe for young women to prevent wrinkles?
Dr. Robb says, your eye tissue is always losing water and a great way to keep it hydrated is to use Sonic Technology no matter how old you are. IT is all about hydration, hydration, and hydration and by using Sonic Technology you’re getting more water in than you can with your finger and the signs of aging are diminished.
When it comes to Acne Treatments the most effective and readily available on the market are Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. We will break down both acne fighters so that you have all of the information you need to decide which product you need to add to your skin care routine and rid your skin of acne once and for all.
We will start with science first, Benzoyl Peroxide is benzoic acid and oxygen; since the products breaks down on your skin, the oxygen helps to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. Benzoic acid causes skin to peel, exfoliating out the dead skin that inflames follicles, the bumps we see on the skin. Benzoyl is very powerful and can be very drying. If you have sensitive skin and light acne, over applying can dry out and exacerbate the problems you already have.
Salicylic Acid is an organic compound naturally found in plants. Salicylic Acid is primarily known as an ingredient in acne treatments, but is also effective in reducing and eliminating calluses, eczema, psoriasis and warts. Salicylic Acid works by promoting the shedding of damaged skin cells and promoting the growth of new ones. Salicylic Acid is so successful at as an acne treatment because it breaks down acne while increasing skin exfoliation.
The Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser uses a 2% concentration of Salicylic Acid. This powerful acne fighting formula dries and clears acne while allowing skin to heal and prevent new blemishes from forming. The cleanser is designed to be used daily and is enriched with vitamins and botanicals to help reduce the appearance of redness and leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Read what others who participated in a consumer study experienced and their results after just two weeks of use.
- 78% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser gentler than other acne cleansers they had used.
- 86% liked the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser better than other acne cleansers they have used.
- 66% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser hydrating.
- 86% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser soothing and or calming.
- 76% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped exfoliate dead skin cells.
- 86% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped their skin feel softer and smoother.
- 60% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped reduce clogged pores.
- 74% perceived a reduction in excessive oil.
- 70% of users perceived a reduction in the severity of breakouts and/or frequency of breakouts.
- 92% of users found the Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection easier to use than other acne regimens they have used in the past.
- 82% of users perceived an improvement in the overall condition of their skin.
We’re so sure you’ll love the Acne Clarifying Collection that we offer a 90-day, feel and see guarantee along with a two-year product warranty. The Acne Daily Cleanser is the perfect accompaniment to your skin care routine, whether paired with the Acne Cleansing Brush Head or one of your other favorite brush heads you will be on your journey to clear skin.
The reviews are in! The new Acne Clarifying Collection is giving users the clean, clear skin they deserve. It’s a regimen to effectively cleanse your skin while clearing up and preventing new blemishes from forming. The collection consists of a Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing System, the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, and the Acne Cleansing Brush Head. Each of these is available separately on our website, but when combined, provides an improved and simplified acne cleansing routine that is safe and gentle enough to be used twice daily.
You don’t have to take our word for it, some of our favorite beauty blogs have tried it and we’ve compiled some of their reviews for you!
If you are looking for an honest breakdown of the Mia 2 and the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser you can view BeautyStat.com’s review.
To hear about the Acne Clarifying Collection from two veteran editors of Instyle and Marie Claire, check out Beautyblitz’s review.
Beauty stylist Danielle Gray gives her professional opinion on the Acne Clarifying Collection as the Beauty Doctor.
The ladies at Coco & Crème give their editorial expertise on the Acne Clarifying Collection.
For all the beauty news that’s fit to click, check out the Beauty in the Bag review.
Read these reviews and then head over and take our Acne IQ quiz where you might get rewarded with more than just clear skin.
There are many types of acne and with each type comes different courses of action. In theis week’t Ask Dr. Robb he answers who should use the Acne Clarifying Collection.
The Acne Clarifying Collection pairs the power of Clarisonic’s patented sonic technology with our Acne Cleansing Brush Head and Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, this collection simplifies and improves the cleansing process. In one easy step that’s safe and gentle enough for use twice daily, you can remove dirt, oil and impurities more thoroughly—and begin to treat acne blemishes.
Dr. Robb says, we recommend that you don’t use the Clarisonic if you have any open wounds. It’s just not smart to put cleansers and bristles into those areas. If you have mild to moderate acne it is great to use. People that even take medicines like acne medication go ahead and use the Clarisonic to cleanse the skin. The Clarisonic is very gentle and shouldn’t cause you any trouble. But always check with your skin care professional if you are taking any kind of medication for acne.
Spring is quickly approaching: soon Uggs and sweaters will make way for flip flops and sundresses. Though the temptation may be powerful to jump in a tanning bed for some color before baring your limbs, be strong! As skin enthusiasts, we can’t overstate the harmful effects of tanning beds enough, in addition to the long-term benefits of shielding your skin from the damage sun exposure causes. Here are some healthy tips to create that beautiful tan you’re longing for with the help of a few key products:
Sunless tanner. Sunless tanners and bronzers have come a long way from the days of orange, streaky nightmares. Today, proper exfoliation and quality products will give you a glow that’s unidentifiable from the real thing. Use your Clarisonic with your favorite body exfoliant in the shower (we love Kiehl’s Crème de Corps Soy Milk and Hony Body Polish which exfoliates while moisturizing), dry off then apply an even coat of moisturizer over your whole body. Let it soak in for a few minutes (too much wetness could potentially create streaks in your tan).
Make sure you find the right self-tanner for you by doing your research (we like St. Tropez and Clarins’ self-tanners) and going through a “test run” – choose an unnoticeable location to dab a bit of the tanner to see how it reacts with your skin before covering your body with it. Once you’ve found the right tanner, apply it carefully, wearing latex gloves to avoid dyed palms. You might prefer using tinted foam or lotion rather than a neutral tone, since you will easily be able to see your application. Spread the self-tanner evenly in straight motions (circular motions can cause streaking) and be particularly careful of areas with dryer skin or crevices, like elbows and feet. Keep in mind that you should do a lighter coat when first trying a self-tanner – if it’s too light, you can always add more later.
Make sure you don’t have plans or visitors right after applying your self-tanner, because you’re going to need to hang out au naturale for about half an hour (follow your sunless tanner’s instructions) to ensure you get a smooth, even application. And if you do happen to get a few spots which look a bit streaky or orange, no fear! Add a bit of lemon juice to your Clarisonic brush head and cleanse the area to help even it out.
What are your favorite sunless tanners and bronzers?