Crisp air, falling leaves, cozy throws, and pumpkin treats – fall is a magical time of year!
Unfortunately, it’s also the time of year when the days start getting shorter and we lose an extra hour of daylight when the clocks get turned back.
This lack of sunshine can cause havoc on our moods and energy levels, so to prepare you for the shorter days ahead we wanted to provide you with a few tips for staying cheerful and energized:
- Vitamin D – The sun is the best source of Vitamin D, which our body needs to function properly, so with shorter days comes less vitamin D – potentially causing depression, fatigue, muscle weakness, and more. Consider supplements, and be sure to incorporate fish, eggs, milk, shitake and button mushrooms into your diet.
- Happy light – Improve your mood, energy and concentration with a sunshine supplement light system, which prompts your body’s natural energy enhancers to combat the effects of seasonal changes by helping the body recalibrate and stabilize.
- Sleep schedule – Try adjusting your sleep schedule to get the most sunlight possible out of your day. By going to bed and waking up earlier, you will still get the beauty sleep you need while catching some extra daylight. Tough, yes, but definitely worth it!
- Cozy up in front of a fire – Fire has a unique ability to relax us and calm the mind, so why not kill two birds with one stone by cozying up in a nice cashmere throw in front of a fire as it warms your home.
- Surround yourself with light – While we’re usually not supporters of wasting energy, we’re willing to make an exception in the fall. Pick a room or two in your home where you spend the most time and make sure it’s thoroughly lit to make ensure your home is as cheery as can be during these gloomy days.
- Exercise – It’s no secret that exercise lifts mood, increases energy and elevates your metabolism. Even 10 to 15 minutes of exercise per day can do wonders for your mood, and if you do it outdoors in the sunshine, you will get double the benefits. So aim to get outdoors each day, even if it’s just for a short walk.
Do you have trouble staying awake and energized during this time of the year? Tell us how you keep the blues away!
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by kelsey_lovefusionphoto
If you love fruit that’s both delicious and good for you – you’re in for a treat!
The pitaya, also known as the dragon fruit, is not only an amazing ingredient for general health, but also does wonders for your skin – which is why it is one of our favorite natural beauty secrets.
This fruit keeps popping up as key ingredient in numerous beauty products and nutritional supplements for its richness in fiber, antioxidants and natural oils.
Here are just a few of the ways the pitaya can benefit your skin and body:
- Fights aging – The pitaya is a rich source of antioxidants and helps to fight free radicals in the body. Decreasing the number of free radicals slows down the aging process, leaving you with younger-looking skin.
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals – Full of vitamin C and B as well as minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and iron, this fruit helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Great source of fiber – The pitaya is well known for its cleansing properties of the digestive system, and we all know that having a healthy digestive system can do wonders for your skin and overall health.
- Weight management – Because the pitaya is low in calories and rich source of fiber, it helps to give the sensation of being full without adding extra pounds.
- Healthy heart – Not only does this fruit help reduce bad cholesterol while improving good cholesterol levels, it is also full of mono-saturated fats, which ensure the cardiovascular system is in tip-top shape.
- Improves eyesight – Pitaya contains carotene which helps in maintaining and improving eyesight.
Tasty and full of health benefits, pitaya is generally cut in half and eaten raw (including the seeds) using a spoon. You can add a little tang by squeezing a few drops of lemon directly onto the fruit. It would make a great dessert addition or blended with other tropical fruits in a smoothie.
We’ll be providing continuing coverage of additional natural ingredients that can have a beneficial impact on your body in future blog posts, so keep an eye out and be sure to check out our previous posts on Natural Beauty Secrets: Coconut Oil, Avocado, and Kale.
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Olivier H.
In order to make sure that our fans have all the necessary information on how to properly charge their Clarisonic, we compiled a list of customer questions along with their answers:
How do I know when the Clarisonic needs to be recharged?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: When the charge is low, the brush handle will beep immediately following the brushing cycle to alert you to place it in the cradle for charging.
Opal: When the system battery needs to be charged, the LED flashes and the Infuser pulses progressively from 1 to 5 times after the run cycle, beginning when the unit has 5 minutes of charge remaining (1 pulse), and again at the end of each use until the battery requires additional charge for continued use (5 pulses).
How long does a full battery charge last? How long does it take to charge?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: Allow 18 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 20 minutes of use, which is approximately 20 days when used once daily.
Opal: Allow 24 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 45 minutes of use, which is approximately 45 days when used once a day around each eye or 21 days when used twice a day.
Refer to the comparison chart for a detailed description of charging intervals.
How do I change the battery on my Clarisonic?
The battery cannot be changed on any of our units. The life span of the units ranges from at least 2 years to up to 5 or more. If your Clarisonic device is not holding charge, try plugging it into a different outlet to reset the unit. Be sure to contact customer service to check whether your device is still covered under warranty.
Can the chargers for various Clarisonic models be used interchangeably?
Will the Mia charger work with international power?
Yes, the pLink charger included with the Mia is compatible with 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz. This allows it to be used worldwide with the appropriate country adapter.
The guide tells you to charge for 24 hours before use. What happens if it becomes disconnected after only a few hours? Will it still hold a charge?
Yes, just recharge it until the lights are solid green.
Where can I purchase a replacement charger for my Clarisonic?
You can call our customer service at 888-525-2747 to help purchase a new charger for your Clarisonic device.
Where is the LED light and how can you tell if the Clarisonic is fully charged?
The LED light is located on the back of the handle in the center of the brush. It will be flashing continuously until it is charged at which point it will become a solid light.
My Clarisonic Mia feels very warm for the first 10-15 seconds. Is that normal?
Yes, the Clarisonic does heat up when on the charger. It will feel warm to the touch but should not be uncomfortable.
Should I keep my Clarisonic on the charging cradle after each use or only charge it when it loses its charge?
We recommend always keeping your Clarisonic device on the charger when it’s not in use.
I recently have had problems with my Clarisonic starting and stopping on its own.
Sounds like some of the Clarisonic technology is malfunctioning. As with most electrical gadgets, a technical failure can be possible. Therefore, we are standing by to get your issue resolved and your system back up and running. We offer warranties on the systems in the event that something might happen, take a look at our blog post on what to do When Your Clarisonic Stops Working.
We’ve been blown away by our fans’ support.
We love hearing how the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System has improved your skin – after all, our goal is to make the world a more beautiful place, one face at a time!
- Patches of dry skin are minimized, or disappear
- Pores are thoroughly cleansed, making them appear smaller
- Refreshed and hydrated skin that’s more receptive to product penetration
- Reduced appearance of fine lines, blackheads, blemishes, dullness, and puffiness
- Improvement in the texture and appearance of skin tone
“I’m so thrilled with this product.. The Mia 2 with acne cleanser is absolutely amazing!! My face after 2 days!! YES! 2 days is looking much smoother, less oily and acne is smaller is size! My face isn’t irritated and I don’t feel like scratching all the time!! I’m SO pleased and happy that something is working after all the years of having to deal with my facial acne.” –Carlene Alix
We greatly appreciate the feedback our customers provide us, and wanted to share this great Before & After story from a Clarisonic user. As you can see in the images below, after only 7 days of using Clarisonic, Amanda Trudy Blyskal showed significant improvements in skin tone and texture.
Here are some more great Before & After shots:
Sonic cleansing is the natural way to thoroughly cleanse all skin types. And unlike skin treatments that use harsh chemicals or rely on friction to remove impurities, the sonic micro-massage motion is effective, yet gentle enough to use twice a day – even on sensitive skin. This effortless action removes six times more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone.
Share your story on our Facebook Reviews Tab – who knows, maybe it will make it on to our next Before & After post!
Image by Lady Por Menos – Moroccanoil e Clarisonic and Amanda Trudy Blyskal
Fall’s deep and rich color palette is no match for beach bleached and sun scorched hair. So now that the summer is officially over, it’s time to pay some extra attention to your hair.
With all this hot weather and fun summer activities, chances are you spent more time outdoors this summer than you do during the rest of the year, therefore exposing your hair to sun, sand, salt, and chlorine – all of which can wreak havoc on the color and texture of your hair.
Make your hair healthy, shiny, and smooth with these tips for post summer hair repair:
- Trim split ends – Getting a mini hair trim doesn’t have to sacrifice length, remove a bit of hair from the ends to snip the split ends in the bud.
- Replace lost moisture – Moisturize your dehydrated hair by applying an intense hydrating hair mask, such as Moroccan Oil, on a weekly basis.
- Apply straightening cream – If you hair feels frizzier than usual, try swapping your regular hair styling products for a straightening cream, which is designed specifically to make your hair look smoother.
- Detangle your hair using a wide-tooth comb – Start brushing at your ends and work up to your roots to minimize tangles. The hair straightening cream should help detangle your hair, making brushing a breeze.
- Take cold water showers – Hot water dries skin and hair, adding to that summer hair crunch. Thirty seconds under cold running water will help seal the cuticles on the hair shaft, trapping moisture in the hair and creating that beautiful hair shine.
- Protect from future damage – Try applying Grapeseed Oil to you hair whenever heading out into the sun this fall. It is capable of protecting the hair from temperatures up to 450 degrees, making sure you can start getting your hair back to normal as soon as possible.
- Nourish your hair with a homemade avocado mask – Just mash an avocado and put it on your hair for five to seven minutes. Be sure to thoroughly rinse off the mask once it had enough time to soak in all the nutrients.
Look your best this season with glowing skin and healthy hair. Follow these tips to revive the ravages of summer and your hair will be an expression of the depth and richness of fall.
Photo by The Devil Saint
We’ve all heard that certain foods can help delay signs of aging, especially green leafy vegetables that are packed with antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins.
Kale is not only an amazing ingredient for your general health, but also contributes to beautiful skin. It is an excellent source of calcium and Vitamins A, C, and K – all of which are essential for skin health.
Vitamins A and C help form collagen and keep your skin wrinkle free and firm, while Vitamin K works it’s magic to improve skin’s elasticity and get rid of those unwanted dark under-eye circles. Kale is also one of the richest sources of lutein and contains beta- carotene, which does wonders for skin elasticity and firmness. The antioxidants found in Kale help protect your skin from damage that free radicals can cause to our skin’s structure. So be sure to arm your body with these wrinkle-fighting, health-boosting machines.
Robust in flavor and full of health benefits, kale would make a great addition to practically any meal. This sturdy green is often steamed or sautéed and served as a side dish, but here are a few other ways to incorporate kale into your diet:
- Kale chips – You can easily make them yourself or find them at health food stores in a variety of flavors.
- Adding kale to your favorite recipes – Substituting kale in any recipes that are made with greens like spinach, collards, and chard and pair it with rice, noodles or potatoes.
- Raw kale salad – Raw kale can be used in place of lettuce in a salad of your choice, simply add your favorite veggies or fruits and toss with a dressing of your choice.
- Freshly Juiced – Kale juice may sound intimidating, but is delicious when paired with sweet fruits and vegetables like apples, oranges, and carrots.
- Simmered with soup – Try adding kale to any of your favorite soups. Because of its sturdy leaves, kale holds up better in soups than any other greens.
What is your favorite way to eat kale?
Photo by B*2
In keeping with a week focused on aesthetics and design, the new Clarisonic Aria Sonic Skin Cleansing Brush fits right in among the hustle and bustle of Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week.
In order to get “runway ready” at the Chadwick Bell Spring/Summer 2013 show last week, the models received mini Clarisonic facials and sonic eye treatments from celebrity aesthetician Eileen Harcourt. Between running from show-to-show and attending late night soirees, models often neglect their most important accessory: their skin!
Before getting in the hair or makeup chair, models first stopped at the Clarisonic table to receive a refreshing Aria mini facial. A few minutes of relaxation was much appreciated amidst the vibrant backstage buzz.
Models were thrilled to hear that the Aria cleanses skin 6X better than manual cleansing and that it is gentle enough to use twice a day. This sonic device removed any dirt and oil from the models’ skin allowing Lancôme skincare products to be absorbed more effectively.
Who wants to look tired on the catwalk? Thankfully, the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System came to the models’ rescue! Eileen used the device to gently knead serum into the skin around the models’ under-eye areas at 125 movements per second. This sonic infusion thoroughly hydrated the models’ skin and helped combat under-eye bags. The minute long treatment was the perfect pick-me-up for those strutting under the bright lights of the runway!
Fashion-Forward and Functional
Busy models, stylists, makeup artists, editors and bloggers barely have time to sleep, let alone charge their electronics during Fashion Week. The Clarisonic Aria’s functional USB charger was a life-saver for those spending the majority of the week backstage. Through simply plugging Aria into a laptop, the device’s charge can last for hours.
A Perfect Canvas
Lancôme makeup artist Daniel Martin loves his Clarisonic and was thrilled about the addition of Aria to the backstage lineup. A thorough Clarisonic cleansing by Eileen provided him with the perfect canvas for makeup application. Foundations and concealers went on smoothly and evenly. The Chadwick Bell look consisted of a natural, matte face with a strong emphasis on the eyes and cheeks. The look conveyed both strength and vulnerability.
The Chadwick Bell 2013 Spring/Summer Readywear Collection was inspired by the marriage of all things romantic and utilitarian with an emphasis on neutrals infused with small pops of green, yellow and violet color.
Because the Lancôme makeup look was minimalistic with a focus on cheek bones and eyes, glowing skin truly took center stage. Aria’s “form meets function” motto came to life at the Chadwick Bell Show as the models strutted down the runway glowing with sonic style!
We love color at Clarisonic! In addition to being visually appealing, color has the ability to affect your mood and your response to color can help you understand your personality better. Surround yourself with the right colors to play up your moods, personality, and goals. We want you to start and end your day right, so we offer our cleansing brushes in a variety of colors.
Here is some insight into what your favorite color may say about you:
Garnet is the color of strength, health, and vitality and is often chosen by outgoing, vigorous, yet impulsive individuals with a zest for life. If your favorite color is red, you are optimistic and action oriented, with a deep need for physical fulfillment and to experience life through all five senses. If you are looking for a pick-me-up, this is the color for you!
Mango is the color of strength, youth, curiosity and restlessness. If you prefer the color orange, you love to socialize and urge to be accepted by others. You enjoy the challenges life provides, and create them if there aren’t any.
Yellow shines full of optimism, happiness, creativity, and wisdom. Choosing yellow as your favorite color means you are a clever and precise thinker who has a good grasp of your potential and aren’t afraid to reach it. You have a need for order in your life, yet crave freedom of thought and action.
Kelly Green is considered the color of peace and serenity. If green is your favorite color, you are a down-to-earth individual with a love of nature and are kind, generous, compassionate, and sociable. This is a good color for a crisis situation as it calms the mind.
Blue is soothing, caring, patient, dependable and compassionate. If blue is your favorite color, you have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life, appear to be confident and self-controlled, but may be hiding your vulnerable side. If you are experiencing anxiety, surround yourself with blue as it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce calming chemicals that will put your mind at ease.
Lavender is a free spirit, unconventional, generous, and witty. If purple or violet is your favorite color, you are compassionate, sensitive, supportive, and always thinking of others before yourself. On the other hand, individuals choosing this color may dislike responsibility and have difficulty dealing with real day-to-day problems.
Pink lovers are the nurturers of the world and love to give all they can, expecting the same in return. This color embodies a deep need to be accepted and loved unconditionally by those surrounding them. Individuals preferring pink tend to desire special treatment, protection and a sheltered life. Having this as your favorite color means you are loving, kind, and generous person – ultimately making for a great caregiver.
Carbon Fiber is independent, conservative, and serious. Having black as your favorite color means that prestige and power are important to you. You may appear intimidating to even your closest friends and colleagues, even if you are not trying to come off that way. You may be too serious for your own good, so consider bringing a little color into your life.
White is known for its simplicity and purity. If white is your preferred color, your deepest need is to be independent and self-reliant, as you aim for perfection in everything you do. You always think carefully before acting and are rarely prone to impulsive behavior, which typically yields impeccable results.
Gray is composed, reliable, practical and calm. With gray as your favorite color, you are neutral about life and prefer a safe, secure and balanced existence without much anxiety or excitement. You tend to compromise and conform to the rest of the group to keep the peace, even if it means losing your opinion in the midst.
Can’t decide between the colors? Try this survey to reveal your color personality! Tell us: would you pick a Clarisonic based on how the color might affect you, or do you prefer to just get your favorite color?