Nearly 85 percent of all people have acne at some point in their lives, most often on their face, chest, and back. Dr. Robb tells us if it is okay to use your Clarisonic on acne compromised skin.
Dr. Robb says, a lot of people think that if I cleanse my skin, cleansing helps out and if I cleanse more it will help my skin more. Your skin talks to you and will let you know if you are using the Clarisonic on the wrong speed. It’s not going to hurt you; it just feels a little bit different if you are having a breakout. The main thing is, you don’t want to use anything if you have broken skin that has open lesions, please be careful of that. If you are really concerned and you don’t know, ask your skin care professional.
Acne is a real tough skin problem, applying the correct tips and tricks can help minimize the effect and help clear up acne. Apart from the many acne treatments that are available such as our new Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection Kit, we have compiled some easy tips that can help you keep your acne under control.
Acne busting dos
- Keep skin clean! Never go to bed without washing off the day’s dirt, oil and makeup. Nighttime while sleeping is the best time for your skin to heal.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Create and keep to a daily skin care routine.
- Hydrate your skin, even oily skin needs moisturizing. Find an oil free moisturizer and apply daily.
Acne causing don’ts
- Remember to cleanse daily but gently. Don’t use harsh soaps and scrubs. Acneic skin is sensitive when compromised.
- Don’t pick or pop pimples.
- Do not use oil based makeup or face creams.
What are your tips to control your acne?
Dr. Robb answers your Sonic Questions: When do the Big Zits Go Away?
Dr. Robb answers Clarisonic fan Barbara’s question about the purging process. If you have ever wondered why the purging process occurs or how long it lasts, watch the below video featuring our very own Dr. Robb.
Dr. Robb says: What you are seeing is what you often see in spas after a deep cleansing facial. Your skin is stimulated so it’s responding by causing these blemishes to occur. Stick with it! Your skin should go back to normal and you will not believe the results with the Clarisonic.
Congratulations to Barbara Belluccio Mason who has won a Clarisonic Mia for submitting this question!