She kissed your owies when you were a child and dried your tears when your heart broke for the first time. She told you how smart and beautiful you were when you felt the opposite, and encouraged you to go after all of your passions—whether you wanted to be a ballet dancer or a doctor. No one knows you better than your mom, and you wouldn’t be the person you are today without her.
After all these years it’s still a challenge to think of the perfect gift for her, but when it comes to showing your appreciation, it really is the thought that counts. Here are a few simple Mother’s Day gift ideas to help you do just that:
- Fresh flowers are the classic Mother’s Day gift. Make your bouquet unique by hand selecting each flower yourself. Choosing the colors, scents, and varieties she likes best will make this traditional gift even more thoughtful.
- Who doesn’t love a day at the spa? Treat mom to a hot stone massage, a mani-pedi, or a facial—many specialty spas actually include a Clarisonic cleansing as part of their treatment now.
- Give her a brand new Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System with Anti-Aging Sea Serum, so she can have the spa treatment at home whenever she wants. She’ll feel refreshed and energized with skin that looks brighter, younger, and more beautiful than ever.
- Spend an afternoon together. One of the best gifts you can give a loved one is your time, so take mom wine tasting at a local vineyard or offer to help her out in the garden for a few hours.
- What’s the one thing your mom has always wanted to learn to do, but never found time for? Making pottery? Figuring out what it takes to bake a soufflé? Find a local class where she can do just that. If she’s nervous, offer to take the class with her!
- Potted indoor plants are a lovely, longer-lasting alternative to fresh flowers. If your mom likes to cook, pick out a few potted herbs (rosemary and basil are great options) to put on her kitchen windowsill. If not, try a succulent or two. They come in all kinds of charming varieties and are easy to take care of.
- Find an old photo of the two of you and put it in a nice frame. Set it by her bed when she isn’t looking so she’ll be surprised to find it in the morning. Who wouldn’t love to wake up to that?
What other great Mother’s Day gift ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!
The Clarisonic relies on patented, cutting-edge technology, so it’s no secret that we like to stay at the forefront of everything in the beauty world. Have you ever turned broken eyeshadow into a trendy matte nail polish? We hadn’t either, until we discovered an eye-catching photo along with a DIY tutorial with our newest guilty pleasure!
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Pinterest! This spark of beauty genius relies on the passions of its users to collect and post on a digital pinboard. This pinboard can then be shared with followers for other users to see and pin for themselves. It is the tech-savvy, inspirational big sister of scrapbooking and is taking the beauty universe by storm!
Though Pinterest is not technically open to the public, there are two ways to create an account. One is to have a friend already on Pinterest send you an invitation. The second option is to click “Request An Invite” on the homepage and enter your email address for Pinterest to invite you. Invitations typically come within a day or so.
We know you’re ready to get your creative juices flowing. Do you use Pinterest? Leave a link to your page below – we love seeing our Sonic Circle’s creativity shine and be sure to follow us!
Beauty and fashion have changed over the time. Each decade has its distinct beauty trends, but most striking in our memories are the style icons who personify them. We’re taking a stroll down memory lane and showcasing some of our favorite beauty icons of previous decades.
Audrey Hepburn was one of the world’s most stylish women. Her French twist, little black dress and classic white blouse are all signature to the demure but classic look that is Audrey Hepburn.
Jackie O being the most stylish 1st Lady to ever grace the planet made fashion look effortless. The timelessly elegant Chanel suit became her signature, choosing to often pair it with white gloves and a string of pearls.
Farrah Fawcett graced many teenagers’ walls with her perfectly curled and feathered hair, stunning smile and striking red bathing suit. She symbolized the free spirit of women in the 1970’s.
Madonna has been called the ultimate fashion icon. Her arrival brought us lots of lace, leggings, denim, pointed bras, shaggy hair and everything else you can imagine to completely ruffle the feathers of eighties fashion.
Kate Moss was the anti-supermodel, choosing a less glossy look for the waifish edgy trend that ruled the 1990’s. Leopard print, rubber boots and skinny pants brought Kate’s look to the modern woman.
Sarah Jessica Parker didn’t just woo us with her character’s closets, we coveted her style too. We followed her from Carrie Bradshaw’s tube tops and nameplate necklaces in the streets of NYC, to Parker’s designer gowns for red carpet events.
Who should be style icon this decade?
Here at Clarisonic we are all about keeping your skin looking healthy and young. So much so, that we want to help keep your beauty routine updated accordingly. The eye shadow colors you had in your early 20s may not work so well for you at an older age and your moisturizer might need an extra kick to deal with the changes in your skin.
The plus side of updating your beauty routine is that you have most likely tried and tested numerous products and know which brands work best for you. The downside is that you might be too comfortable to make the switch to other products. Below are few tips to update your beauty routine to be age appropriate.
In your 20s: While this may be prime time to experiment with makeup colors, this is also the time you may start to see the signs of aging appear on your skin. Be sure to include a sunscreen in your daily skincare routine to help prevent aging and always, always moisturize. Exfoliating is also a great way to increase cell turnover rate whether it be with your Clarisonic or other exfoliant.
In your 30s: Reevaluate those bold colors of your 20s and opt for more versatile makeup shades such as earthy tones for your eyes and peach or rose for the cheeks. Your skin will become a little softer and prevention is always preferable over having to find a solution for an issue. Add in anti-aging and firming products to your skincare routine. The skin around the eye area is extra thin and needs special attention. Use an eye cream and even better; check out the Opal Sonic Infusion System which provides increased hydration and visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
In your 40s: Wrinkles or creases are generally more established once you enter your 40s. Avoid heavy makeup that tends to accentuate fine lines. Stick to neutral shades and scale back on the eye makeup. Oil and collagen production will have decreased therefore requiring skin care products that offer a boost in these areas. Eliminate powder foundation that can also add to the dryness of your skin.
In your 50s and beyond: You may notice radical changes in your skin including age or sun spots. Be sure to keep you skin well hydrated with a deep moisturizer. Use a highlighter to lift droopy brows and heighten cheekbones and hide fine lines. Foundation should be used sparingly and you can always add some color with a fresh pink lipstick.
Do you have any tips for staying age appropriate with your beauty routine?