We offer a variety of brush heads for the face: delicate, sensitive, normal, deep pore, and the super soft acne brush.
To make choosing between them a little easier, we’ve put together some information regarding different skin types and their brush head matches. They are sure to give you a glowing complexion!
- Normal skin – If your skin has an even tone and texture, and is naturally moisturized without looking too dry or oily, you were blessed with normal skin type. Normal skin is the least problematic type and is characterized by small pores. This type is best paired with our normal brush head.
- Dry skin – Dry skin can feel tight and itchy, as well as show some visible flaking. It is often delicate, easily irritated, and has a matte appearance. We recommend that you start with the sensitive brush head. If you also have rosacea or acne, try either the delicate or acne brush heads.
- Oily skin – Oily skin has a shiny appearance and is usually thicker, firmer, and less sensitive than the other skin types. Individuals with this skin type have enlarged pores and are more susceptible to recurring clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes. But not to worry, our deep pore brush head is ideal for cleansing oily skin, large pores or hard to reach areas of the face, such as around the nose.
- Combination skin – Combination skin is a blend of both oily and dry skin. If you have combination skin, you’ll find that the oils are mostly concentrated on the T-zone, while the cheeks remain dry. This skin type varies quite a bit – so to determine which brush head is right for you, give our acne brush head a try. Extra-plush bristle gradation helps to provide ultra-gentle cleansing for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Sensitive skin – This skin type tends to be very dry, itchy, feel tight, and can easily become inflamed or irritated by external influences. Sensitive skin can be dry, normal, or oily and is characterized by delicacy. We think our ultra-gentle delicate brush head will be perfect for your sensitive skin!
Does the brush head you’re currently using match your skin type?
Now that we’re a few weeks into the New Year and we’ve all had some time to reflect on the changes we want to make, it’s time to make sure we set ourselves up for success.
Unfortunately, whether it’s getting in better shape, improving your skincare routine, or kicking a bad habit, few New Year’s resolutions make it through January.
A New Year offers another opportunity to start fresh and achieve your goals, so if you’re serious about making some lifestyle changes, check out these 7 tips to help make you more successful in realizing your resolutions.
- Choose an obtainable goal – Being realistic is one of the most important factors in goal setting, so be sure to set a goal that is within your reach. Setting a resolution that is too far out of your comfort zone is the surest way to fall short.
- Outline your plan – Breaking down the plan into smaller goals along the way will make it less intimidating. Taking it only one small goal at a time will make you proud of your achievements along the way and ultimately help you reach the ultimate goal. There are plenty of tools out there to help.
- Recruit a buddy – Share your resolution with friends and family who can offer support when you’re wavering and praise you when you’re sticking to your goals. Find a buddy with a similar resolution that you can take on together by motivating each other.
- Allow mistakes – Everyone has an occasional slip, but that doesn’t mean we should beat ourselves up over it and completely give up. Just view these mistakes as learning opportunities and focus on doing the best you can each day.
- Track your progress – Record your progress as you go to keep track of every success, no matter how small. Each accomplishment will give you the confidence to stick with your goal, especially as you get closer to the ultimate resolution.
- Reward yourself – Set up a series of rewards that will keep you motivated when sticking to the program gets tough. Then, celebrate your successes along the way by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t impede your resolution. If your resolution is to have better skin, reward yourself with a Clarisonic Cleansing System – it will get you quicker to your goal and will make a fabulous addition to your skincare routine.
- Stick to it – Adjusting to the changes to your lifestyle may be tough at first, but after a little while (around 21 days) they become habit. Don’t expect it to happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
What New Year resolutions made your top 5 list?
Clarisonic products are available from authorized retailers all over the world. To find an authorized online retailer of Clarisonic products, visit our Clarisonic Authorized Online Retailers page.
Please be aware that online auction and marketplace sites (such as Amazon and eBay) are not authorized retailers of Clarisonic products. Clarisonic product warranties are only valid when products are purchased from an authorized retailer.
Have questions about our warranty and return information? Check out our posts on How Can I Tell If I’m Covered Under Clarisonic’s Warranty? and Help! My Clarisonic Stopped Working.
We love chatting skincare and beauty in our bi-weekly #SonicChat, a one-hour tweet chat that includes tips, special guests, and prizes!
- How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
- What are some of your favorite skin and body products to give and receive during the holidays?
- Do you have any special holiday looks planned? Fancy new dress, metallic eye shadow, pink Christmas tree?
- What are your favorite holiday traditions/plans?
- How are you giving back this holiday season?
- What does an ideal holiday party look like to you?
We pulled out some of our favorite tweets to share with you. They got us in the holiday spirit, and we hope they do the same for you:
With 154 participants, a twitter reach of over 11 million people, and trending nationwide, we were certainly busy!
We will be at it again on Tuesday, December 11th at 11am PDT. Join us!
Photo by Ellen Moran via GettyImages
The holidays are fast approaching which means it’s time to glimmer, shine, and shimmer. With the holiday party invitations already beginning to roll in, we’re sharing our picks for this holiday season’s hottest trends to ensure you look elegant and festive, party after party:
Tis’ the season to break out some sassy and playful holiday makeup – glittery lips, metallic eyes, and luminescent skin all send us into fits of twinkling delight this time of year. We love the smoky eye look for a party, and lining your eyes with a thin sweep of glitter shadow on the upper and lower rims of eye is sure to make your eyes twinkle.
Sweep hair up for a dose of instant drama and feminine flair for all your holiday festivities. An updo is a great way to accentuate your neckline and show off your favorite pair of sparkly earrings.
The perfect party dress
Glam it up for the holidays in a glittering sequin dress. This season is all about all things that sparkle, and this pick is sure to dazzle, thanks to its chic, swingy silhouette and the sequins adorning the bodice.
Make the most of your holidays with the season’s most festive accents. Accessories can help you complete the look at create the perfect ensemble for any event. So be sure to incorporate a lot of metallic tones and sparkle into your shoes, jewelry and other accessories.
What will you wear?
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Jennuine Captures
The holiday season is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start selecting the perfect gifts for all your special someones. To help make the holiday gifting a bit less stressful this year, we’re offering a number of our favorite Holiday Limited Edition Gift Sets, sure to put a smile on the faces of everyone on your list!
With so many choices, it may be hard to pick the right gift set for you and your loved ones, but don’t worry, we’ve put together a guide for choosing the perfect Gift Set:
Holiday PLUS Set – If you are looking to achieve an all-over clean, this collection is for you. The Clarisonic PLUS has three speeds gentle enough for cleansing the face, yet effective for the rest of the body – leaving you with more absorbent skin. The Holiday PLUS set is filled with deluxe essentials including our popular PLUS system with Body Brush Head and Refining Skin Polish.
Holiday Mia Set – Our smallest Sonic Skin Cleansing System, the one-button, one-speed Clarisonic Mia would make an excellent starter kit for someone with an active lifestyle – offering beautiful skin at home or on-the-go.
Most Beautiful Mom – Make mom happy this holiday season with this anti-aging Opal Sonic Infusion System gift set – the palm-sized device and Anti-Aging formula are specifically designed to help build skin’s resilience over time and prevent future damage around the eyes – with an immediate reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Modern Sophistication – The new Clarisonic Aria infuses sonic cleansing with a perfect blend of function and form. Sleek, modern, intuitive, this brush would be a great fit with virtually any personality. With three speeds, a T-timer and a compact charging system – Aria is the most advanced collection yet.
Young and Fun – If you’re looking to add a little color to your skincare routine, this Limited Edition PLUS Whimsy gift set would be perfect for you. With all the wonderful features of the PLUS, and a playful, bright design, you’re sure to add some extra cheer to your holidays. This Limited Edition Gift Set includes a Body Brush Head as well as a complimentary gift of a Sensitive Brush Head and travel bag with purchase.
Your Special Guy – Men love tools – so why not surprise him with the most talked about skin care tool on the market? The Carbon Fiber Clarisonic Mia comes with a Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head and will give him cleaner, healthier, younger looking skin, not to mention a much closer shave!
Acne Clarifying Collection – If your fight against acne seems like a never-ending quest, then our Acne Clarifying Collection is for you. Pairing the power of the Clarisonic Mia with our Acne Cleansing Brush Head and Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, this collection helps reduce and prevent blemishes while simplifying your cleansing routine.
Which Holiday Limited Edition Gift Set is your favorite?
Let’s face it, we all have sugar cravings every once in a while – especially around the holidays, where delicious cookies and pies are teasing us on every corner!
If the promise of a slimmer waistline hasn’t curbed your sweet tooth, maybe the desire for smoother, younger looking skin will.
Recent findings suggest that a diet high in sugar can contribute to acne and accelerate skin aging. At blame is a natural process that’s known as glycation – a process through which sugar molecules enter your bloodstream and attach to proteins to form harmful new molecules known as advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs), which cause protein fibers such as collagen and elastin (fibers that keep skin firm and elastic) to become stiff and malformed.
The average American consumes nearly 89 grams of sugar per day. That’s more than four times the recommended amount for women (20 grams) and more than twice the recommended amount for men (36 grams). This tells us that there is certainly some room for improvement in our daily sugar intake levels.
While fruits contain varying amounts of sugar, they still offer numerous health benefits in terms of high vitamin and nutrient content – therefore making them a great option if you are craving something sweet.
What is concerning is that many of our other “go-to” foods may contain added sugars and we may not even know it. Food companies list sugar under aliases like dextrose, barley malt, corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate, maltose, maple syrup, molasses, fructose, and high-fructose corn syrup in an effort to hide the large amounts of sugars they contain. Therefore simply by cutting down on their consumption you can significantly reduce your sugar intake and be on the way to a healthier you!
An additional source of excess sugars is in what we are drinking – fruit juices, sodas and alcohol are also sugar-loaded culprits. Cutting down on these and occasionally substituting them for water is sure to help you get to your ideal weight and keep your skin looking smooth and youthful.
The good news about sugar-damaged skin: It’s never too late to turn back the clock. It may be tough to quit sugar cold turkey, so start by eliminating or reducing your intake of candy and chocolate. Be sure to continue to cut out additional sugary foods until you have reached your desired daily sugar intake.
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by INeedCoffee / CoffeeHero
If you love fruit that’s both delicious and good for you – you’re in for a treat!
The pitaya, also known as the dragon fruit, is not only an amazing ingredient for general health, but also does wonders for your skin – which is why it is one of our favorite natural beauty secrets.
This fruit keeps popping up as key ingredient in numerous beauty products and nutritional supplements for its richness in fiber, antioxidants and natural oils.
Here are just a few of the ways the pitaya can benefit your skin and body:
- Fights aging – The pitaya is a rich source of antioxidants and helps to fight free radicals in the body. Decreasing the number of free radicals slows down the aging process, leaving you with younger-looking skin.
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals – Full of vitamin C and B as well as minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and iron, this fruit helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Great source of fiber – The pitaya is well known for its cleansing properties of the digestive system, and we all know that having a healthy digestive system can do wonders for your skin and overall health.
- Weight management – Because the pitaya is low in calories and rich source of fiber, it helps to give the sensation of being full without adding extra pounds.
- Healthy heart – Not only does this fruit help reduce bad cholesterol while improving good cholesterol levels, it is also full of mono-saturated fats, which ensure the cardiovascular system is in tip-top shape.
- Improves eyesight – Pitaya contains carotene which helps in maintaining and improving eyesight.
Tasty and full of health benefits, pitaya is generally cut in half and eaten raw (including the seeds) using a spoon. You can add a little tang by squeezing a few drops of lemon directly onto the fruit. It would make a great dessert addition or blended with other tropical fruits in a smoothie.
We’ll be providing continuing coverage of additional natural ingredients that can have a beneficial impact on your body in future blog posts, so keep an eye out and be sure to check out our previous posts on Natural Beauty Secrets: Coconut Oil, Avocado, and Kale.
Photo licensed through Creative Commons by Olivier H.