When it comes to Acne Treatments the most effective and readily available on the market are Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. We will break down both acne fighters so that you have all of the information you need to decide which product you need to add to your skin care routine and rid your skin of acne once and for all.
We will start with science first, Benzoyl Peroxide is benzoic acid and oxygen; since the products breaks down on your skin, the oxygen helps to kill the bacteria that contributes to acne. Benzoic acid causes skin to peel, exfoliating out the dead skin that inflames follicles, the bumps we see on the skin. Benzoyl is very powerful and can be very drying. If you have sensitive skin and light acne, over applying can dry out and exacerbate the problems you already have.
Salicylic Acid is an organic compound naturally found in plants. Salicylic Acid is primarily known as an ingredient in acne treatments, but is also effective in reducing and eliminating calluses, eczema, psoriasis and warts. Salicylic Acid works by promoting the shedding of damaged skin cells and promoting the growth of new ones. Salicylic Acid is so successful at as an acne treatment because it breaks down acne while increasing skin exfoliation.
The Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser uses a 2% concentration of Salicylic Acid. This powerful acne fighting formula dries and clears acne while allowing skin to heal and prevent new blemishes from forming. The cleanser is designed to be used daily and is enriched with vitamins and botanicals to help reduce the appearance of redness and leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Read what others who participated in a consumer study experienced and their results after just two weeks of use.
- 78% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser gentler than other acne cleansers they had used.
- 86% liked the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser better than other acne cleansers they have used.
- 66% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser hydrating.
- 86% found the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser soothing and or calming.
- 76% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped exfoliate dead skin cells.
- 86% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped their skin feel softer and smoother.
- 60% agreed the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser helped reduce clogged pores.
- 74% perceived a reduction in excessive oil.
- 70% of users perceived a reduction in the severity of breakouts and/or frequency of breakouts.
- 92% of users found the Clarisonic Acne Clarifying Collection easier to use than other acne regimens they have used in the past.
- 82% of users perceived an improvement in the overall condition of their skin.
We’re so sure you’ll love the Acne Clarifying Collection that we offer a 90-day, feel and see guarantee along with a two-year product warranty. The Acne Daily Cleanser is the perfect accompaniment to your skin care routine, whether paired with the Acne Cleansing Brush Head or one of your other favorite brush heads you will be on your journey to clear skin.
The reviews are in! The new Acne Clarifying Collection is giving users the clean, clear skin they deserve. It’s a regimen to effectively cleanse your skin while clearing up and preventing new blemishes from forming. The collection consists of a Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing System, the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, and the Acne Cleansing Brush Head. Each of these is available separately on our website, but when combined, provides an improved and simplified acne cleansing routine that is safe and gentle enough to be used twice daily.
You don’t have to take our word for it, some of our favorite beauty blogs have tried it and we’ve compiled some of their reviews for you!
If you are looking for an honest breakdown of the Mia 2 and the Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser you can view BeautyStat.com’s review.
To hear about the Acne Clarifying Collection from two veteran editors of Instyle and Marie Claire, check out Beautyblitz’s review.
Beauty stylist Danielle Gray gives her professional opinion on the Acne Clarifying Collection as the Beauty Doctor.
The ladies at Coco & Crème give their editorial expertise on the Acne Clarifying Collection.
For all the beauty news that’s fit to click, check out the Beauty in the Bag review.
Read these reviews and then head over and take our Acne IQ quiz where you might get rewarded with more than just clear skin.