During October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Clarisonic is proud to support our year around charitable partner, Look Good Feel Better.
The mission of our partnership is to help raise awareness about and help provide funding for Look Good Feel Better‘s free nationwide beauty workshops and other resources that help give women with breast and other cancers the power to feel beautiful again. As you may know, Clarisonic has been involved with Look Good Feel Better since 2010, and has donated more than $2 million to this wonderful cause. In fact, Clarisonic is the largest corporate financial donor in the 23-year history of the Look Good Feel Better program.
Look Good Feel Better is a collaboration of the American Cancer Society, The Personal Care Products Council Foundation, and the Professional Beauty Association|National Cosmetology Association. Each year, over 50,000 women participate in more than 15,000 individual workshops led by certified beauty professionals and learn how to deal with treatment related skin and hair loss issues.Clarisonic Empowered Woman of the Year, Mila Kunis, presenting check on behalf of Clarisonic to Louanne Roark, Executive Director of Look Good Feel Better.
This October, we again salute the millions of breast cancer survivors whose extraordinary spirit and determination have helped them to battle and overcome cancer. Look Good Feel Better stands ready to help these women regain their self- esteem and confidence as they face the challenge of a lifetime.
You can help by helping to spread the word. Please click on the short Look Good Feel Better video below and view it; then share it or tweet it to your friends and family and ask them to also share this valuable information. After all, almost everyone knows someone whose life has been touched by cancer.
With all of our help, Look Good Feel Better can make a woman’s cancer journey a little brighter and her heart a little lighter by providing understanding, support and encouragement from caring volunteers and other women who have walked in her shoes. We need your help to give women the power to feel like themselves again!
In order to make sure that our fans have all the necessary information on how to properly charge their Clarisonic, we compiled a list of customer questions along with their answers:
How do I know when the Clarisonic needs to be recharged?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: When the charge is low, the brush handle will beep immediately following the brushing cycle to alert you to place it in the cradle for charging.
Opal: When the system battery needs to be charged, the LED flashes and the Infuser pulses progressively from 1 to 5 times after the run cycle, beginning when the unit has 5 minutes of charge remaining (1 pulse), and again at the end of each use until the battery requires additional charge for continued use (5 pulses).
How long does a full battery charge last? How long does it take to charge?
Sonic Cleansing Brushes: Allow 18 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 20 minutes of use, which is approximately 20 days when used once daily.
Opal: Allow 24 hours for a full charge. A full battery charge lasts for 45 minutes of use, which is approximately 45 days when used once a day around each eye or 21 days when used twice a day.
Refer to the comparison chart for a detailed description of charging intervals.
How do I change the battery on my Clarisonic?
The battery cannot be changed on any of our units. The life span of the units ranges from at least 2 years to up to 5 or more. If your Clarisonic device is not holding charge, try plugging it into a different outlet to reset the unit. Be sure to contact customer service to check whether your device is still covered under warranty.
Can the chargers for various Clarisonic models be used interchangeably?
Will the Mia charger work with international power?
Yes, the pLink charger included with the Mia is compatible with 100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz. This allows it to be used worldwide with the appropriate country adapter.
The guide tells you to charge for 24 hours before use. What happens if it becomes disconnected after only a few hours? Will it still hold a charge?
Yes, just recharge it until the lights are solid green.
Where can I purchase a replacement charger for my Clarisonic?
You can call our customer service at 888-525-2747 to help purchase a new charger for your Clarisonic device.
Where is the LED light and how can you tell if the Clarisonic is fully charged?
The LED light is located on the back of the handle in the center of the brush. It will be flashing continuously until it is charged at which point it will become a solid light.
My Clarisonic Mia feels very warm for the first 10-15 seconds. Is that normal?
Yes, the Clarisonic does heat up when on the charger. It will feel warm to the touch but should not be uncomfortable.
Should I keep my Clarisonic on the charging cradle after each use or only charge it when it loses its charge?
We recommend always keeping your Clarisonic device on the charger when it’s not in use.
I recently have had problems with my Clarisonic starting and stopping on its own.
Sounds like some of the Clarisonic technology is malfunctioning. As with most electrical gadgets, a technical failure can be possible. Therefore, we are standing by to get your issue resolved and your system back up and running. We offer warranties on the systems in the event that something might happen, take a look at our blog post on what to do When Your Clarisonic Stops Working.
We’ve been blown away by our fans’ support.
We love hearing how the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System has improved your skin – after all, our goal is to make the world a more beautiful place, one face at a time!
- Patches of dry skin are minimized, or disappear
- Pores are thoroughly cleansed, making them appear smaller
- Refreshed and hydrated skin that’s more receptive to product penetration
- Reduced appearance of fine lines, blackheads, blemishes, dullness, and puffiness
- Improvement in the texture and appearance of skin tone
“I’m so thrilled with this product.. The Mia 2 with acne cleanser is absolutely amazing!! My face after 2 days!! YES! 2 days is looking much smoother, less oily and acne is smaller is size! My face isn’t irritated and I don’t feel like scratching all the time!! I’m SO pleased and happy that something is working after all the years of having to deal with my facial acne.” -Carlene Alix
We greatly appreciate the feedback our customers provide us, and wanted to share this great Before & After story from a Clarisonic user. As you can see in the images below, after only 7 days of using Clarisonic, Amanda Trudy Blyskal showed significant improvements in skin tone and texture.
Here are some more great Before & After shots:
Sonic cleansing is the natural way to thoroughly cleanse all skin types. And unlike skin treatments that use harsh chemicals or rely on friction to remove impurities, the sonic micro-massage motion is effective, yet gentle enough to use twice a day – even on sensitive skin. This effortless action removes six times more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone.
Share your story on our Facebook Reviews Tab – who knows, maybe it will make it on to our next Before & After post!
Image by Lady Por Menos – Moroccanoil e Clarisonic and Amanda Trudy Blyskal
Fall’s deep and rich color palette is no match for beach bleached and sun scorched hair. So now that the summer is officially over, it’s time to pay some extra attention to your hair.
With all this hot weather and fun summer activities, chances are you spent more time outdoors this summer than you do during the rest of the year, therefore exposing your hair to sun, sand, salt, and chlorine – all of which can wreak havoc on the color and texture of your hair.
Make your hair healthy, shiny, and smooth with these tips for post summer hair repair:
- Trim split ends – Getting a mini hair trim doesn’t have to sacrifice length, remove a bit of hair from the ends to snip the split ends in the bud.
- Replace lost moisture – Moisturize your dehydrated hair by applying an intense hydrating hair mask, such as Moroccan Oil, on a weekly basis.
- Apply straightening cream – If you hair feels frizzier than usual, try swapping your regular hair styling products for a straightening cream, which is designed specifically to make your hair look smoother.
- Detangle your hair using a wide-tooth comb – Start brushing at your ends and work up to your roots to minimize tangles. The hair straightening cream should help detangle your hair, making brushing a breeze.
- Take cold water showers – Hot water dries skin and hair, adding to that summer hair crunch. Thirty seconds under cold running water will help seal the cuticles on the hair shaft, trapping moisture in the hair and creating that beautiful hair shine.
- Protect from future damage – Try applying Grapeseed Oil to you hair whenever heading out into the sun this fall. It is capable of protecting the hair from temperatures up to 450 degrees, making sure you can start getting your hair back to normal as soon as possible.
- Nourish your hair with a homemade avocado mask – Just mash an avocado and put it on your hair for five to seven minutes. Be sure to thoroughly rinse off the mask once it had enough time to soak in all the nutrients.
Look your best this season with glowing skin and healthy hair. Follow these tips to revive the ravages of summer and your hair will be an expression of the depth and richness of fall.
Photo by The Devil Saint
Allure just published their Best of Beauty Awards for 2012, and guess who topped the list!
Allure’s Best of Beauty awards feature 245 exceptional lipsticks, line erasers, frizz fighters, and more. Reviews were conducted on the following beauty products line: Skin Care, Eyes, Hair, Cheap Thrills, Base, Lips, Cheeks, Beauty Breakthroughs, BodyTools, Best Splurges, Nails, Sensitive Skin, Scents, Natural Wonders, Guys’ Stuff.
Check out what Allure has to say about our latest cleansing brush – the Aria: http://www.allure.com/beauty-products/skin/facial-cleanser/2012/clarisonic-aria-sonic-cleansing-system
We’ve all heard that certain foods can help delay signs of aging, especially green leafy vegetables that are packed with antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins.
Kale is not only an amazing ingredient for your general health, but also contributes to beautiful skin. It is an excellent source of calcium and Vitamins A, C, and K – all of which are essential for skin health.
Vitamins A and C help form collagen and keep your skin wrinkle free and firm, while Vitamin K works it’s magic to improve skin’s elasticity and get rid of those unwanted dark under-eye circles. Kale is also one of the richest sources of lutein and contains beta- carotene, which does wonders for skin elasticity and firmness. The antioxidants found in Kale help protect your skin from damage that free radicals can cause to our skin’s structure. So be sure to arm your body with these wrinkle-fighting, health-boosting machines.
Robust in flavor and full of health benefits, kale would make a great addition to practically any meal. This sturdy green is often steamed or sautéed and served as a side dish, but here are a few other ways to incorporate kale into your diet:
- Kale chips – You can easily make them yourself or find them at health food stores in a variety of flavors.
- Adding kale to your favorite recipes – Substituting kale in any recipes that are made with greens like spinach, collards, and chard and pair it with rice, noodles or potatoes.
- Raw kale salad – Raw kale can be used in place of lettuce in a salad of your choice, simply add your favorite veggies or fruits and toss with a dressing of your choice.
- Freshly Juiced – Kale juice may sound intimidating, but is delicious when paired with sweet fruits and vegetables like apples, oranges, and carrots.
- Simmered with soup – Try adding kale to any of your favorite soups. Because of its sturdy leaves, kale holds up better in soups than any other greens.
What is your favorite way to eat kale?
Photo by B*2
In keeping with a week focused on aesthetics and design, the new Clarisonic Aria Sonic Skin Cleansing Brush fits right in among the hustle and bustle of Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week.
In order to get “runway ready” at the Chadwick Bell Spring/Summer 2013 show last week, the models received mini Clarisonic facials and sonic eye treatments from celebrity aesthetician Eileen Harcourt. Between running from show-to-show and attending late night soirees, models often neglect their most important accessory: their skin!
Before getting in the hair or makeup chair, models first stopped at the Clarisonic table to receive a refreshing Aria mini facial. A few minutes of relaxation was much appreciated amidst the vibrant backstage buzz.
Models were thrilled to hear that the Aria cleanses skin 6X better than manual cleansing and that it is gentle enough to use twice a day. This sonic device removed any dirt and oil from the models’ skin allowing Lancôme skincare products to be absorbed more effectively.
Who wants to look tired on the catwalk? Thankfully, the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System came to the models’ rescue! Eileen used the device to gently knead serum into the skin around the models’ under-eye areas at 125 movements per second. This sonic infusion thoroughly hydrated the models’ skin and helped combat under-eye bags. The minute long treatment was the perfect pick-me-up for those strutting under the bright lights of the runway!
Fashion-Forward and Functional
Busy models, stylists, makeup artists, editors and bloggers barely have time to sleep, let alone charge their electronics during Fashion Week. The Clarisonic Aria’s functional USB charger was a life-saver for those spending the majority of the week backstage. Through simply plugging Aria into a laptop, the device’s charge can last for hours.
A Perfect Canvas
Lancôme makeup artist Daniel Martin loves his Clarisonic and was thrilled about the addition of Aria to the backstage lineup. A thorough Clarisonic cleansing by Eileen provided him with the perfect canvas for makeup application. Foundations and concealers went on smoothly and evenly. The Chadwick Bell look consisted of a natural, matte face with a strong emphasis on the eyes and cheeks. The look conveyed both strength and vulnerability.
The Chadwick Bell 2013 Spring/Summer Readywear Collection was inspired by the marriage of all things romantic and utilitarian with an emphasis on neutrals infused with small pops of green, yellow and violet color.
Because the Lancôme makeup look was minimalistic with a focus on cheek bones and eyes, glowing skin truly took center stage. Aria’s “form meets function” motto came to life at the Chadwick Bell Show as the models strutted down the runway glowing with sonic style!
Fall is in the air! Along with the crisp mornings and turning leaves, you may also have noticed your skin feeling a little dull and dry after a summer spent in the sun. Your skincare routine needs to change with the seasons, which means it’s time for an update!
Make a stylish transition from summer to fall with our new Limited Edition Mia 2 colors – Peacock, Bordeaux, and Emerald. These new colors represent everything we love about fall and will be sure to add a little spice to your beauty routine.
Make sure you are ready to take on the cooler weather by following these skincare tips for fall:
- Exfoliating – Exfoliating is the first step to beautiful fall skin. Regular exfoliation speeds up the cell turnover process, giving you a fresh and radiant glow, as well as a smoother and younger appearance.
- Moisturizing - As humidity levels drop, your skin craves moisture as it isn’t able to absorb as much from the air. Use a slightly thicker moisturizer than what you were using in the summer to account for the difference.
- Sun Protection – Even though your beach-bumming days may be over for now, you shouldn’t stop protecting your skin from the sun. Be sure to keep applying sunscreen whenever you will be outside.
- Lip Protection – During the fall and winter seasons, lips are subjected to cooler temperatures and harsher winds, which can lead to chapping and peeling. The best way to moisturize and protect the lips is to apply chapstick or lip balm at least once a day – preferably with some SPF.
- Hydrate – If your skin is not getting enough water, it tends to become dry, tight, and flaky. Maintain your skin’s moisture and elasticity by hydrating it from within – drinking plenty of water.
Well, there you have it – everything you need to know to update your skincare routine for fall! Now get out there and enjoy the blazing autumn colors.