7 Tips to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
Now that we’re a few weeks into the New Year and we’ve all had some time to reflect on the changes we want to make, it’s time to make sure we set ourselves up for success.
Unfortunately, whether it’s getting in better shape, improving your skincare routine, or kicking a bad habit, few New Year’s resolutions make it through January.
A New Year offers another opportunity to start fresh and achieve your goals, so if you’re serious about making some lifestyle changes, check out these 7 tips to help make you more successful in realizing your resolutions.
- Choose an obtainable goal – Being realistic is one of the most important factors in goal setting, so be sure to set a goal that is within your reach. Setting a resolution that is too far out of your comfort zone is the surest way to fall short.
- Outline your plan – Breaking down the plan into smaller goals along the way will make it less intimidating. Taking it only one small goal at a time will make you proud of your achievements along the way and ultimately help you reach the ultimate goal. There are plenty of tools out there to help.
- Recruit a buddy – Share your resolution with friends and family who can offer support when you’re wavering and praise you when you’re sticking to your goals. Find a buddy with a similar resolution that you can take on together by motivating each other.
- Allow mistakes – Everyone has an occasional slip, but that doesn’t mean we should beat ourselves up over it and completely give up. Just view these mistakes as learning opportunities and focus on doing the best you can each day.
- Track your progress – Record your progress as you go to keep track of every success, no matter how small. Each accomplishment will give you the confidence to stick with your goal, especially as you get closer to the ultimate resolution.
- Reward yourself - Set up a series of rewards that will keep you motivated when sticking to the program gets tough. Then, celebrate your successes along the way by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t impede your resolution. If your resolution is to have better skin, reward yourself with a Clarisonic Cleansing System – it will get you quicker to your goal and will make a fabulous addition to your skincare routine.
- Stick to it – Adjusting to the changes to your lifestyle may be tough at first, but after a little while (around 21 days) they become habit. Don’t expect it to happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
What New Year resolutions made your top 5 list?