Post Summer Hair Repair
Fall’s deep and rich color palette is no match for beach bleached and sun scorched hair. So now that the summer is officially over, it’s time to pay some extra attention to your hair.
With all this hot weather and fun summer activities, chances are you spent more time outdoors this summer than you do during the rest of the year, therefore exposing your hair to sun, sand, salt, and chlorine – all of which can wreak havoc on the color and texture of your hair.
Make your hair healthy, shiny, and smooth with these tips for post summer hair repair:
- Trim split ends – Getting a mini hair trim doesn’t have to sacrifice length, remove a bit of hair from the ends to snip the split ends in the bud.
- Replace lost moisture – Moisturize your dehydrated hair by applying an intense hydrating hair mask, such as Moroccan Oil, on a weekly basis.
- Apply straightening cream – If you hair feels frizzier than usual, try swapping your regular hair styling products for a straightening cream, which is designed specifically to make your hair look smoother.
- Detangle your hair using a wide-tooth comb – Start brushing at your ends and work up to your roots to minimize tangles. The hair straightening cream should help detangle your hair, making brushing a breeze.
- Take cold water showers – Hot water dries skin and hair, adding to that summer hair crunch. Thirty seconds under cold running water will help seal the cuticles on the hair shaft, trapping moisture in the hair and creating that beautiful hair shine.
- Protect from future damage – Try applying Grapeseed Oil to you hair whenever heading out into the sun this fall. It is capable of protecting the hair from temperatures up to 450 degrees, making sure you can start getting your hair back to normal as soon as possible.
- Nourish your hair with a homemade avocado mask – Just mash an avocado and put it on your hair for five to seven minutes. Be sure to thoroughly rinse off the mask once it had enough time to soak in all the nutrients.
Look your best this season with glowing skin and healthy hair. Follow these tips to revive the ravages of summer and your hair will be an expression of the depth and richness of fall.
Photo by The Devil Saint