Sporting Glowing Skin: Athletes’ Beauty Routines
Feeling inspired by the Olympic athletes? Don’t forget that they need to match their skincare routine to their training routine. We’ll share their easy to follow skincare tips to give your skin the same boost on the outside as working out gives it from the inside.
- Lip Balm – Keep lips moisturized throughout your work out to prevent chapping.
- Sunscreen – When exposed in the sun, athletes should be protecting their skin from the damaging rays of the sun by using lotions with an SPF of at least 30.
- Moisturizing – Keep your skin properly hydrated by moisturizing your skin whenever possible to keep the sweat and other elements from causing your skin to become tight and dry.
- Drinking Water – Staying hydrated is particularly important during exercise. Adequate fluid intake is essential to comfort, performance and safety. Take a look at our post on The Importance of Water for Your Skin and Health.
- Change Clothes - Be sure to change out of your sweaty clothes as soon as you finish your workout as they can be a magnet for germs and trapping dirt.
- Cleansing – Let your pores breathe by washing off sweat from your body shortly after your workout. This step will keep dirt, oil, toxins, and bacteria and other surface debris from collecting in your pores, causing breakouts.
Olympic beach volleyball champions Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor chose the Clarisonic face brush to help keep them looking great during competition by cleansing their skin from sweat and sunscreen covering their bodies after practice and tournaments. Another Olympian, Natasha Hastings, an American sprint runner, also uses the Clarisonic system to make sure she looks her best at the track.
With the right skincare regimen, your skin can stay healthy and happy, allowing you to stay at the top of your game.
What is your post-workout beauty routine?
Photo by Allure Daily Beauty Reporter